What titles do you use?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My characters tend to have titles that fit my headcanon stories for them, like Archaeologist for the asura who I think of as having been involved in some kind of archaeology expedition that dug too deep and wound up becoming Destroyers. Or it just fits the aesthetic, like Golden or The Golden Child for my character with that color scheme.

I'm not sure I'll ever get the Shadow of a Shadow title, due to my veeeeeery sloooow progress in running the Maw of Torment meta over and over, but if I do get it, I'll probably put it on my main, who uses shadow magic. Right now she's The Tormentor due to also using torment magic (she's a scourge).

Usually something that fits to every character and their backstories (or sometimes a role like healing. For example: my heal druid always has "Combat Healer" displayed so you can actually identify them as a healer) or something to show off with because everyone else seems to only show off these days and I have to keep the pace so nobody would judge me or make false assumptions about me. I play since 2012 and everyone else who does too seems to only care about showing off, sadly... It's very hard to find like minded people these days and it's sad that the community has changed so drastically with the last few years...

@"Cynder.2509" said:Usually something that fits to every character and their backstories (or sometimes a role like healing. For example: my heal druid always has "Combat Healer" displayed so you can actually identify them as a healer) or something to show off with because everyone else seems to only show off these days and I have to keep the pace so nobody would judge me or make false assumptions about me. I play since 2012 and everyone else who does too seems to only care about showing off, sadly... It's very hard to find like minded people these days and it's sad that the community has changed so drastically with the last few years...

I think you're over-estimating how many people use titles to show off, and certainly how many will judge other players by their titles. Just look at this topic, plenty of people have said they choose titles based on what fits the characters theme or something they find amusing or fun. It wouldn't make any sense for people who do that to assume others are using the most impressive title they can manage and make assumptions about them based on what that is. Even if a player chooses to do that themselves it would make no sense to assume everyone else does it given how many people have said they don't.

Just titles that fit that particular character's lore. I only use two, though - haven't found decent ones for the rest, and/or just don't particularly care.

My "canon" Commander proudly bears the "Knight of the Thorn" title, just as he is proud to bear Caladbolg. (Well...in headcanon only. He's a daredevil. There is no Caladbolg staff. The closest is Bramblethorne.)

My sylvari Reaper wanders the world with "Dark Traveler" - because that's literally what he is: a very dark (greenish-black/purple), shadowy necromancer who travels Tyria. Despite the fearsome appearance, he's actually a noble, kind-hearted, gentle sort of a guy. Unless you're with the Nightmare Court...in which case, don't expect mercy. You won't find any from him.

Hunter For Hire because I play rifle deadeye, checking LFG in PoF maps and helping random players deal with bounties and champs — just running in the desert, waiting for someone calling in map chat for help.Ruler of the Skies because I play a character dressed like a dragon.The Tormentor is very accurate for condi mirage.The Demolisher for holo too.Spirited Drinker norns are drunkards, and my norn's name has "Drunkard".

@Tukaram.8256 said:Are titles displayed automatically? If so - I have whatever is default. If not - I suppose I do not have one. I have never looked into it. When I look at the screen I see my avatar, I need no title to remind who I am.

Titles aren't displayed automatically. They're unlocked by doing achievements and there's a little drop-down box on the achievements screen to choose one from your available titles. (This can be different for each character.)

They don't do anything, it's just a bit of flavour text under your character's name like some enemies have instead of (or as well as) a description of their abilities. It's another way of personalising your character, like choosing skins and dyes.

@"jungsowon.2074" said:Do you guys use titles to show off your progress in the game or just use them for cosmetic purposes? Or perhaps you use titles that fit accordingly to the lore of your character?

I have 10 characters, and each of them has a title that i believe suits them.

• My "main" character, a Human elementalist, currently bears the title of "Masterful Achiever" to show how far i have gone with the game. It fits her because she's the first character i have ever made when i joined the game in june 2014.
  • My Charr engineer is "The Demolisher" because she deals with bombs, mines, grenades, ed explosions in general.
  • My Human warrior is "The Annihilator" because she overwhelms foes with brute force and tears them to pieces.
  • My Asura thief is "The Executioner" because of the assassin vibes i get from the thief class.
  • My Human ravenant is "The Tormentor" because she literally spams torment like there is no tomorrow in her Mallyx Stance. XD
  • My Human necromancer is "The Dark Traveler" because she deals with dark magic and always dresses in black.
  • My Human mesmer is "Master of Secrets" because when it comes to mesmers, the truth is not what it seems at first glance.
  • My Sylvari guardian is the "Knight of the Thorn" because she's Sylvari, she's paladin-like, and she's the one who completed the quest to reforge Caladbolg.
  • My Sylvari Ranger is the "Primeval Scion" because i liked the title, even though it's not something that fits her specifically.
  • My Norn Ranger is "The Hunter" because she's a Norn, and a ranger, so hunting prey is what she does.