HEY! Remember that time our PC have to join a Human-only club?

Ultramex.1506

• 3 weeks later...

I wish there was an option to reject their stupid club. At this point in the game you're a living legend. 

The game has to take it seriously but sometimes i wish there was an "Look I've been watching netflix through this whole thing can we just move this along so i can wrap this up? Triple trio is in 15 minutes."

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Tuco.2419 said:

I wish there was an option to reject their stupid club. 

You mean other than simply ignoring the oath and kill any shining blade that object, since the dialogue literally imply its void if you work against Kryta?

No I'm sure there is nothing you could do.

On 6/15/2021 at 6:56 PM, Dawdler.8521 said:

Which is alltogether irrelevant, because the story is all about Anise making you an honorary member to tell you secrets she couldnt otherwise and that whatever you do while supported by them dont go against Kryta. The oath you take prevent you telling those secrets, but it doesnt stop you from gathering your steam creature army, invade Kryta and declare yourself Grand High Sovereign. You would become a target for the Shining Blades regardless and would obviously have to slaughter them all and hang their corpses on the walls of Divinitys Reach as an example for bookahs not to mess with you.

It was still absurd plot point, since it was clearly mentioned before that they needed your assistance, so had you refused to cooperate before they spilled the beans, they would have had to come up with some way to tell you the info anyway.

On 6/17/2021 at 4:09 PM, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

I wonder if someone should come up with a "best race/profession to play the story step as" guide, from a lore perspective.  The irony about most of these hated story steps is that I was always the correct race for them.  I.E. I became a shining blade as a human, for the beetle plague I was a sylvari (and thus immune), etc. and so on.  

The plague only kills people who haven't died yet, so the human commander was immune regardless.

On 6/15/2021 at 5:56 PM, Dawdler.8521 said:

Which is alltogether irrelevant, because the story is all about Anise making you an honorary member to tell you secrets she couldnt otherwise and that whatever you do while supported by them dont go against Kryta. The oath you take prevent you telling those secrets, but it doesnt stop you from gathering your steam creature army, invade Kryta and declare yourself Grand High Sovereign. You would become a target for the Shining Blades regardless and would obviously have to slaughter them all and hang their corpses on the walls of Divinitys Reach as an example for bookahs not to mess with you.

I felt a bit confuse in the plot tduring that arc.

the only secret i want to know is who really she is.. and how old is that toon,  is she Lyssa or the necro companion from Gw1 that took the specter of orr(Livia)...

Edited by Aeolus.3615

45 minutes ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

the only secret i want to know is who really she is.. and how old is that toon,  is she Lyssa or the necro companion from Gw1 that took the specter of orr(Livia)...

She is revealed as Livia. We can see her face etc. It would be very weird if we were to see a sudden errata...
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Livia

After reading this thread, it suddenly came to me that between Ep1 and 2 ( and the one in Lake Doric ) I had pretty much blocked all memory of LW 3.

Edit: ... I guess... that means it's new content! 😏

Edited by Harak.8397
  • Haha 1

The way I understand this particular part of the story, its not that the shining blade "wants" you to join their ranks, or doesn't trust you enough so you have to take the oath (the fact that being of another race they allow you into their order pretty much show how much trust they have in the commander), but rather they HAVE to get you in if they want to speak and reveal critical information for the commander, else the seal thing they put on themselves would kill them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

That whole plot contrivance is sadly a bit of a downside to moving GW into a multi-playable race game. There's no way you can effectively insert the player character into an organization like the Shining Blade that works for everyone. That whole episode was shoehorned in, contrived, and a bad ending to one of the most interesting mysteries left over from GW1.

• Like 7

I wish they didn't have made this insult to the Shining Blade.

It didn't need to become a cult with a death curse put on its members.

It should have stayed the simple armed organization it had always been before that.

Anise should simply have forked over the information.

Keeping it simple often is superior.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 7

On 7/21/2021 at 7:36 AM, Fueki.4753 said:

I wish they didn't have made this insult to the Shining Blade.

It didn't need to become a cult with a death curse put on its members.

It should have stayed the simple armed organization it had always been before that.

Anise should simply have forked over the information.

Keeping it simple often is superior.

Since we officially "died" in PoF, guess we can blab all we want now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/18/2021 at 2:08 AM, Poormany.4507 said:

Agreed - I was mixed between cringing and bursting out laughing during the entire "ritual." Why are the greatest protectors of the Krytan royalty playing pretend and talking like 10 year olds?

Is that not the response to just about any aspect of the GW2 story? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Gw2 story is so bad, that I wonder how I ever enjoyed it... But I'm so hype for the info release today. Maybe this expansion will start a new leaf, narratively speaking. I don't really consider myself a member of most of the organizations the commander joins. They are an afterthought, and as far as I can tell, only the Order of Shadows has anything that maintains over time. (There are NPCs in the world who talk to you differently if you are a member) Otherwise, it feels like there is no story these days. Nothing makes sense anymore, and they've dismantled their world. Hopefully they bring in some good writers to start a new story arc that is well put together for EoD. 

On 7/27/2021 at 11:02 AM, Loboling.5293 said:

Gw2 story is so bad, that I wonder how I ever enjoyed it... But I'm so hype for the info release today. Maybe this expansion will start a new leaf, narratively speaking. I don't really consider myself a member of most of the organizations the commander joins. They are an afterthought, and as far as I can tell, only the Order of Shadows has anything that maintains over time. (There are NPCs in the world who talk to you differently if you are a member) Otherwise, it feels like there is no story these days. Nothing makes sense anymore, and they've dismantled their world. Hopefully they bring in some good writers to start a new story arc that is well put together for EoD. 

Order of Whispers my dude, Whispers are what players get to join.  Shadows are a splinter group that broke off (and perhaps supplanted) from the original Elonian OoW.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

Order of Whispers my dude, Whispers are what players get to join.  Shadows are a splinter group that broke off (and perhaps supplanted) from the original Elonian OoW.

Thanks, true. It's not even a good example of it anyway... haha 

On 6/14/2021 at 7:50 PM, Ultramex.1506 said:

Remember the Shining Blade? Yea, i can't get over how they force non-human PC  to join the club just so the story can move along, and it never brought up again (just like many other things in this game)

i know the "you talks, you die" but dear lord, what a unnecessary decision, i wouldn't be so annoyed if we can decline and change the story, but since when have Anet made story decisions that change the next one completely?

You can decline, just don't play that chapter or story-step. Literally nothing changes for the story, since you rush off to the desert after refugees start coming in. In the end, you really didn't need that Eye of Janthir.

• Like 1

Ohhh just played the chapter now, and hah, we get forced into a human only club and for some reason decide to take an oath that would actually kill us to get info we could have easily gotten another way without taking a death curse oath. 

Seriously, who wrote the start of this episode, hah. Yeah because we need to "prove" ourselves to people that we are already well known too. And that means all members go through this? They all live through a giant pitfall of rocks landing on their head? 

I just wonder if they forgot this happened, and we join sides against Kryta one day 😛 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/14/2021 at 7:50 PM, Ultramex.1506 said:

Remember the Shining Blade? Yea, i can't get over how they force non-human PC  to join the club just so the story can move along, and it never brought up again (just like many other things in this game)

i know the "you talks, you die" but dear lord, what a unnecessary decision, i wouldn't be so annoyed if we can decline and change the story, but since when have Anet made story decisions that change the next one completely?

I really wish they would go back and redo Shining Blade Secrets chapter of the One Path Ends episode.

Have it so that human PCs join the Shining Blade, but work out a way to have non-human PCs go through a series of challenges (so the same achievements and instances can be used) but skip the initiation part.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Dondarrion.2748 said:

I really wish they would go back and redo Shining Blade Secrets chapter of the One Path Ends episode.

Have it so that human PCs join the Shining Blade, but work out a way to have non-human PCs go through a series of challenges (so the same achievements and instances can be used) but skip the initiation part.

no thanks to that.

I wouldn't want to join that cult and I play mostly human character.

If non-humans had the chance to bail out while humans were forced into it, I'd feel insulted.

The only reasonable change would be to completely remove that oath and cult-joining part.

Anise should just fork over the information after we rescue Livia.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Gorem.8104 said:

Ohhh just played the chapter now, and hah, we get forced into a human only club and for some reason decide to take an oath that would actually kill us to get info we could have easily gotten another way without taking a death curse oath.

That's not even the worst part about that story mission. The worst part is the execution of the initiation ritual - the very first time I watched it, I was crying tears of laughter and disbelief of how badly it was done (it's especially funny to see your short-sized Asura drown in the water tank 😂 ). Then, the theatric of the live role-playing part was certainly supposed to be funny but failed at that, because it's the f'ing Shining Blade (!) and you just can no longer take them seriously after that display of utter disrespect for that historical moment. :classic_rolleyes:

The writing for Livia was overdone, the execution of the ritual was plain hysterical, the only fun part was doing the achievements for the massacre scene and the facing-your-doubts scene.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Did this story yesterday on my charr.  Oh my...it felt like I was joining some derpy elementary school club that kids make at the lunch table, then it was kind of weird.  Charr doesn't want to join your creepy cult.  Might as well roll my eyes and yeh sure, pinky swear, just give me the info.  I mean if Anise already trusts you as a non human to join the club...cult...then why the heck do I have to.  Not my favorite story.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1