What are you going to do with all your ascended items?

Since the Armory is coming soon that will make all the ascended gear you have obsolete if you have the same slot in legendary on your account.

Anyone keeping your ascended items or are you just going to hammer them all?

I can not decide what I want to do. I put so much work into getting them, its going to be hard to salvage them.

I calculated that I have over 200 ascended items that I will not need once the Armoury goes live. I want to know if I should be salvaging it because my bank is full (quite literally) of this soon-to-be-no-longer-useful gear. When I add in all the gear on my characters, it approaches 400 ascended items to potentially be salvaged.

Or (pure speculation) are we getting companions in EoD that we will be able to gear up? Might this gear find use if this happens?

This is going to require a metric tonne of ascended salvage kits, maybe.

Edited by Adzekul.3104
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

I'm going to wait and see how I'm using it before making any decisions.

I only have 3 legendary weapons, and I'm working on making a backpack so it's not going to be a big change for me. I might end up getting rid of all the other level 80 staves, daggers and shortbows I've got, but I'm not sure yet. I am expecting to get rid of all the other level 80 back items once I've got the legendary one (that's why I'm making it, I tend to hord them) but it will be a while before I get it, so I've got time to decide if I actually want to do that.

• Like 2

I will keep everything as it is until at least one full month has passed. You cannot disable certain habits.

As I do not own many legendary pieces, I will be done with the salvaging rather quickly. A few items with nostalgic value may land on my books & relics mule. 

In addition I will keep my ascended hammer, for a few hammer/hammer builds.

Edited by HnRkLnXqZ.1870

I only have ascended o my main, and one other character and only the slots that i have yet to make legendaries for. The other character has a different armor weight so when legendary armory comes, he'll still use the ascended. 

When i made a legendary armor piece, I salvaged the ascended that was in that slot as it became useless and I needed balls of dark energy for the next piece.

I recently made Aurora so that's a few ascended extra that will probably get salvaged for Vision so...

I don't think I'll have any super extras tuff to worry about, most of it will still be in use by the characters that don't have legendary items. 

1 hour ago, Excursion.9752 said:

I can not decide what I want to do. I put so much work into getting them, its going to be hard to salvage them.

Compared to legendaries, getting ascended feels like nothing, so I don't have much of a problem to just get rid of them. Even moreso for the ones that got dropped in/as a box.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Sylvyn.4750 said:

Best to wait and see how it works first...while they mentioned this, it didn't specifically say you could have the same legendary item use different skins between different characters or even different build templates, it just mentions swapping skins won't cost anything:

Free Legendary Transmutation
Changing the appearance of your legendary equipment no longer requires transmutation charges.

They did.

Once you’ve equipped a legendary item to multiple equipment templates, you can set different attributes, upgrade selections, and skins for each one.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, Sobx.1758 said:

They did.

Once you’ve equipped a legendary item to multiple equipment templates, you can set different attributes, upgrade selections, and skins for each one.

Lol...you were too fast...I had edited my original post within a minute, but yes, thanks for reiterating that!  

However, I'm now reading about how upgrades and infusions may still need to be stored on each character...any news on that?

2 hours ago, Excursion.9752 said:

Since the Armory is coming soon that will make all the ascended gear you have obsolete if you have the same slot in legendary on your account.

Anyone keeping your ascended items or are you just going to hammer them all?

eh i think im gonna delete all ascended gear since its mostly junk for me and the legy weapon types i dont have i will slowly work towards so i can completely remove ascended

6 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

They did.

I'm still interested in seeing how that's going to work. Because that is going to require some new features - currently it is impossible. And since they did not say it's going to work for ascended as well, it still might end up as something weird and/or not easy to use.

One thing I just realised: I definitely won't be salvaging all my ascended daggers because I only have 1 legendary and at least two characters who sometimes use dual daggers, plus a thief who uses dagger/pistol and pistol/dagger which it sounds like will also still require 2 seperate daggers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Sylvyn.4750 said:

However, I'm now reading about how upgrades and infusions may still need to be stored on each character...any news on that?

I don't think anything will change for non-legendary upgrades here, so if you use normal ones, you'll just need to keep them on your characters (or added to their legendary weapons in separate eq templates).

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I'm not sure how this armory will work.  But, I only have two legendary weapons, and no legendary armor.  Maybe if I get the armors someday I'll go on a salvage spree, but that's a big "maybe".  I don't get any statistical bonuses above ascended, and I already have all the gear sets I want, so legendary armor is a low priority.

Also, getting into raids has been nigh unassailable for me.  

• Like 4

Salvage all the extra armor , backpieces, amulets, and rings. Maybe keep accessories if the Vision/Aurora cannot have effect turned off.

It's going to be a large chore but it will be worth the space. At least 20 slots on my ranger are just armor boxes from fractals.

• Like 1

I'm going to wait a while before salvaging. Most of my alts (and I have a lot of them) have their ascended weapons/trinkets in place. I only have one piece of ascended armor with three more I'm working on.

I'll wait until I know more about EoD, just in case. At any rate, I don't have the salvage kits yet to salvage more than about 40 pieces and I have far more than that. So I'll be checking the fractal reliquary every day for cheap salvage kits and hoarding the ones I get from fractals.

I hate to salvage 6 x 6 ascended Armor pieces with costly upgrades still in it... Wish I had that unlimited upgrade extractor... Oh well , I'll store the Armor pieces and get upgrade extractor with black lion statuette and slowly but surely completely extract the runes and sell it on tp before salvaging the asc Armor pieces... Or is it not worth it? Idk

Edited by Crystal Paladin.3871

21 minutes ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

I hate to salvage 6 x 6 ascended Armor pieces with costly upgrades still in it... Wish I had that unlimited upgrade extractor... Oh well , I'll store the Armor pieces and get upgrade extractor with black lion statuette and slowly but surely completely extract the runes and sell it on tp before salvaging the asc Armor pieces... Or is it not worth it? Idk

Salvaging ascended equipment will always return all upgrades intact. 

• Like 2