How much would you be willing to pay for this gloryfied DLC EoD?

How much would you be willing to pay for this gloryfied DLC EoD?  

192 members have voted

1. 1. How much would you be willing to pay for this gloryfied DLC EoD?

• full price
    • I preordered
    • I preordered the legendary edition
    • I will not preorder and buy it once it is out
    • I will wait for it to be on sale after a few month from release
    • It feels worth half the price max.(around 20 euro)
    • It doesn't feel expansion level content

So lets face it, the "expansion" doesn't feel like it's bringing enough big features to be called that.
It's a glorified story DLC.
How much do you think would be a price for the content they showed? Did you preorder? Are even planning to? What are your thought on it?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 23
  • Sad 2

I'd say it's too early to judge. Don't kill it in the egg before a more proper reveal. I'm kind of concerned about fishing being the selling point though, not impressed with what I've seen so far. But other systems could turn out to be great, like alliances.

However, what I can say is that the price difference between the normal and more expensive packs is too big for what's offered to my taste. Considering the new things introduced to the game, I would have hoped for Archetypes / Equipment slots. I had bought HoT and PoF ultimate editions, but will probably buy the basic one for EoD here.

Already bought the legendary edition and the statue.

Also went out and a GW2 Collectors edition with Rytlock still in the box. Bought that too.

Heres the thing: i love this game, so expansions are a gimme. Was the content they showed major game features? I dont think so. HOPEFULLY they have major stuff they havent shown. Cantha by itself is worth the money despite how much i HATED it in GW1, hopefully they make it look so much prettier in this game. Ive yet to be dissapointed with maps released in this game.

Despite that though, im cautious, if this is all the stuff they plan to add in this expansion i may not be pre ordering the next one.

Edited by Dante.1763
added stuff
  • Like 2

I'm probably going to get the ultimate edition before release but I'm not in any hurry to decide because it's not coming out until February so we've got plenty of time to think about it and see what else is announced.

I'm mainly interested in the new maps (I heard we're getting 4, like HoT and PoF, but I don't know if that was confirmed) and the story and what we've heard about both so far sounds good but I'd like to find out more. The siege turtles and boats sound interesting too. I assume I'll end up using some of the elite specs, but that's not actually a big deal for me, I'm happy with the options I've got for my characters or I wouldn't be playing the game at all.

Besides my other MMO charged £7 more for an expansion consisting of 1 new map and a choice of 2 'companions' (like GW1 heros) who are about as much use in a fight as a wet paper bag so on my very limited basis for comparison this seems pretty good.

But there's no reason you have to get it if you don't want to. It's a game, you're not required to like it or to play it and certainly not to buy more of it. If you're sure you don't want it then don't buy it. If you're not sure wait and see what comes out in the other announcements and then decide later on. Or see if you can find a reliable retailer who is selling it for less than full price (it does occasionally happen).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have already preordered the Ultimate Edition (the only difference between Ultimate and Deluxe are the 4000gems with basically a 50% discount and since I planned to buy some gems anyway this came in handy).
I mean it's the kittening Cantha update, I have been waiting for this since pretty much release. I probably wouldn't have pre-ordered it if they didn't add/announce the stuff they did for this summer/end of the year tho. But an engine upgrade, the armory, Alliances annoucement, .. hyped me up ngl. I was at a point where I wouldn't want to support Anet anymore at all but getting some insight in their vision of the game really brought back my optimism regarding GW2. It's honestly the only MMO left I really want to waste my time in sooo..

I mean they bring in a new continent and it's kittening Cantha soo yea.. nuf said. They will probably bring some new Cantha maps with LS6 or something as well, which gets enabled via EoD access so I see it as a payment for 50/50 now-content and future updates.
And I love fishing being added tbh, I just like seeing some (hopefully meaningful) non-combat content sneaking into the game.
And the new elite specs will - admittedly kitten up the PvP balance even more but new classes would as well so idc too much - bring in some new playstyles for the classes. I already like the Virtuoso tbh. And I can only hope this means that other classes like Ranger gets even less dependent on the pet because AI is kitten (like they already did with melding as Soulbeast but I hope even more).

Even though I wouldn't call myself particularly PvE oriented but I'm looking forward for the new strikes and challenge mode.

@edit: OP, what would you consider an expansion or what would need to be added on top to be worthy of being called an expansion?

Edited by DoomNexus.5324
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Started game shortly after HoT, bought it immediately when I hit 80, bought ultimate edition POF right after its stream. But this time and for EoD, I will wait and see up till release to be sure it will worth or not.. I have big concerns Anet has to fix if they care which I highly doubt.

If you just want the expac without any extra items you pay 30 euros. That is super cheap compared to other games. Most new games are like between 60-80 euros. Also: you also get the LW for free. 

Conpare this to WoW: For less then 30 E you could have played only for a few months, and you wouldnt have acces to the newest expac.

• Like 4

I will hold my judgement and my money until I get more information. Also, I'm beginning to feel as though I need to take a break from the forum and Reddit because, truthfully, I'm getting sick and tired of everyone's whining. It's like, what do you want? No matter what they do, some of you will never be happy. So how can anyone win? People wonder "oh why do the devs never talk to us reeeee" also the same people: "you didn't tell me what i wanted to hear, didn't live up to my hype, failed everything i wanted reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" 

So, yeah.

Okay.  You all have fun with your BS, I'm going to go enjoy the kittening game.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Tsakhi.8124 said:

I will hold my judgement and my money until I get more information. Also, I'm beginning to feel as though I need to take a break from the forum and Reddit because, truthfully, I'm getting sick and tired of everyone's whining. It's like, what do you want? No matter what they do, some of you will never be happy. So how can anyone win? People wonder "oh why do the devs never talk to us reeeee" also the same people: "you didn't tell me what i wanted to hear, didn't live up to my hype, failed everything i wanted reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" 

So, yeah.

Okay.  You all have fun with your BS, I'm going to go enjoy the kittening game.

Just so you know, all game forums/reddits are that way. Folks come here specifically to complain about things they dont think are good.

Im pretty easy to please honestly, but im at negative "hype" compared to before i even watched the first look.

Folks keeping saying wait and see, but well, if they had more im sure they woulda had blank spots on the store page for more info to be put.

• Like 1

Ultimate Edition preordered. I will buy it anyway because I mostly play WvW so my selling point for now are the xpecs.

I really don't think what was people hoping for. Player housing? Does that really feel like a big upgrade for you while fishing and boating not? New race? How many times does that need to be discarded?

I really expected more for yesterday's stream, I'll admit that, but I also know for sure there is more to come. So, you can stay doing your HoT/PoF metas and raids/fractals forever or migrate to other MMOs. I'll have some fun here.

Edited by Telgum.6071
  • Like 3

I live in a low income country so I have a personal policy of never paying full price for any game or expansion. $30 seems like a good deal for people who live in for example America, where you can earn that much after flipping burgers for 3 hours, but I'll buy it once it goes on sale below $20 eventually few months after release, somewhere between $10-15. I bought HoT and PoF for 25$ together, so I'm not willing to pay more than that for a single expansion, low income aside. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Ultimate Edition pre-purchased the moment it was up, similar to most here.

The reveal might not have been that mind-blowing to me, but at the same time I am confident that the quality will be there similar to HoT and PoF.

At the current price it remains a steal. I was not expecting a PoF price tag tbh. Which unfortunately also likely means the heavy gem store monetization to continue.

How great the expansion will be in the end can still shift, though I am not getting my hopes up to much for big ticket items like new race or new player experiences, etc.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1