Swimsuits; The Gold Standard [Merged]

Swimsuit Poll!  

386 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Anet should add the Faren and Kasmeer swimwear outfits from Southsun?

• Yes.
    • Si.
    • Ja.
    • Sí.
    • No - Sike, just kidding, of course they should.

7 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I have a feeling, this thread -at best- should be moved here https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/15-gemstore-requests-new-items-items-offered-again-merged  😉

Please don't. I'm still mourning the death of the venerable thread on the premature mastery popup issue, which got merged into the QoL thread, all posts chronologically entangled with the other ones to the point that nothing made sense any more.

I don't care much about swimsuits and suits in general, but this thread is one of the funniest in history, I don't want it to be slaughtered.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Leo.3428 said:

Please don't. I'm still mourning the death of the venerable thread on the premature mastery popup issue, which got merged into the QoL thread, all posts chronologically entangled with the other ones to the point that nothing made sense any more.

I don't care much about swimsuits and suits in general, but this thread is one of the funniest in history, I don't want it to be slaughtered.

Sorry, this is about gemstore outfit, I don't make the rules 😕 

OP:

Hey, Anet, it's me again. Saw your new outfit today. Magical Girl. Card Captor Sakura Sailor Moon, you got jokes, huh? All cutsie until I go to the beach for Festival of the Four Winds, and there's sand on all my ribbons and hearts and eyes and my soul.

But I know the truth. I -know- the swimsuits were meant to come out, but they didn't. A variety of them, even, but I'm not even asking for all that. What we all know is, for EoD development, all this amazing effort you're putting in, what you need are resources, aka revenue. Well, I know the way to get you some good revenue to help EoD.

Here's what you gotta do, simple; release Faren's swim bottoms for the fellas, Kasmeer for the ladies. Charr and Asura females, you just gotta do a little finagling, whatever you gotta do, heck just properly size it for asura females. That takes work, yeah, but I -believe- in you, Anet. I believe. You do this? You will have, in no particular order; respect, cool, money, and more most importantly, cash.

tldr of OP: "outfitoufit cashmoney."

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 5

4 hours ago, Altonese.6542 said:

'they should work on other stuff!!' while they give us White Tiger / Swordsman outfits.

I think a lot more people would have use for a swimsuit than for an outfit with a tiger biting a ball over the groin, but I guess it's possible there's a secret tiger-biting-ball market out there that only ArenaNet is privy to. Judging by forum responses, it doesn't seem super popular at a glance. Super disappointing to keep seeing niche items wind up in the shop, but not more generic, widespread use things that have been requested over the years like a Fernhound jackal or, say a series of swimwear options.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

If this thread is merged, its merged. If not, we'll keep it going with banter and constant appeals to Anet's reason. I want Anet to make money, to then put in to the game. Swimsuits are a great way to do that. It's not even hard to do considering the models already exist.

Go back to my original idea, of just using Faren's and Kasmeer's sets. So the lead outfit guy at Anet goes in to the office, goes to one of the model/clothing model peeps like 'Fabrizio, we need you to port the Faren and Kasmeer swimwear to all the races/genders, fiddle around with it a bit, get back to me. also we're having tacos for lunch.' We get swimsuits, Anet gets revenue, Fabrizio gets his paycheque.

Also I forgot to address it last post, but for the people who say 'uhhhh op is the one who posts the most in this thread'.

Yes? I made the thread. You ever go to someones house, the host lets you in and then they just go in to the garage and leave you in their house for three hours?

uhhh i do that all the time jokes on you eat a cannoli and relax

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, Altonese.6542 said:

Also I forgot to address it last post(...)

...and you still didn't address anything since you've disregarded the whole reason of that being mentioned in the first place. Not that you're expected to address it, since it's just pointing out some facts in a direct response to another claim that wasn't even made by you, but still -don't pretend you're addressing it when you don't 😄  

3 hours ago, Altonese.6542 said:

If this thread is merged, its merged.

10/10, would merge.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 8

2 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I just want a thong mankini so that my warrior can flex properly and glisten in the sun.

Also, my norn and human female characters need their own thong bikinis please.

Sheen of sweat infusion. You heard it here first, folks.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Lynx.9058 said:

Yes, but charr and asura females better get actual female swimwear and not be stuck with the ugly male version like they are on so many other skins and outfits.

Does that mean female Charr should get the top part of the bikini three times to cover up all their teats?

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Lynx.9058 said:

Do we know for a fact charr have three sets?

There was at least one developer statement from before release that Charr women are flat because they didn't want to remodel the female armours for multiple pairs on the chest.

That's as close as a confirmation as we could get.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

52 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

There was at least one developer statement from before release that Charr women are flat because they didn't want to remodel the female armours for multiple pairs on the chest.

That's as close as a confirmation as we could get.

Yeah a female dev put her foot down and said that they are either flat chested or they have to have 3 pairs of breasts, so naturally they are flat chested as Charr cubs are born already capable of eating meat off  of the bone and thus no need for mammaries to show.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Lynx.9058 said:

Do we know for a fact charr have three sets?

Well they have 4 ears.  the biology is that alien they could have 4 sets, 5 sets? Though I don't know how many cubs are in a charr litter.  1? 3? 8?  

we don't see many charr kids outside of Lions' Arch.  That would tend to mean small litters or high infant mortality.  The Charr level of technology should prevent high infant mortality though.

• Like 2

On 1/7/2022 at 10:42 PM, Verdelet.3812 said:

Please Anet give us swimwear outfits with EoD; just simple ones, like Kasmeer's and Faren's, not with all weird crap hanging off it.

Now I’m imagining a speedo with weird blades like on profane armor sticking off the hips.

😳

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Now I’m imagining a speedo with weird blades like on profane armor sticking off the hips.

Exactly this. And maybe ANet doesn't want to see huge half naked Norns in swimsuits running around in Frost Citadel fighting Jormag. Though i see there's nothing wrong with that 😄

If outfit is a problem, why not give us a special kind of dye strictly for one time use on the undies? Easy money for ANet if they can do that. 

EDIT: Or perhaps enhanced the existing Total Makeover Kit? Add in a dye bikinis feature? If we can freely change our skin tone and colour our hair, why not our bikinis too?

Edited by Mil.3562
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

😳

Now I am too.  And I can't ever UN-imagine it.  🥴😵🤣

1 hour ago, Mil.3562 said:

EDIT: Or perhaps enhanced the existing Total Makeover Kit? Add in a dye bikinis feature? If we can freely change our skin tone and colour our hair, why not our bikinis too?

Although not at all a good substitute for swimsuits - in my humble opinion - this is a brilliant idea in its own right.  Do a couple of different male/female, race specific styles and set it up exactly as they did with the makeover kits, complete with the dye options.  Makeover kits can be updated to also allow underwear changes - that didn't come out quite right, but you all know what I mean - and add a separate "change your underwear" kit they can make a ton of money on.  Or at least cash in on for all of us who want swimsuits.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Developing it as part of the character underwear would do two positive things.

The code that auto changes you to your underwear with diving goggles and on Southsun beach would still work. They could also put in some new swim areas that do the same with a system that’s already coded in.

It would solve people’s oft-repeated fear that Speedo-clad Norn would be swarming meta events, since you would have to remove your armor to reveal your swimsuit, giving up the stats you need to do the events. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

It would solve people’s oft-repeated fear that Speedo-clad Norn would be swarming meta events, since you would have to remove your armor to reveal your swimsuit, giving up the stats you need to do the events. 

Yeah, but being afraid of seeing half a butt isn't a problem in a game where you can already see a whole butt (or worse) already. This goes double if any sort of money would be involved in swimswear. If I pay for a cosmetic, I want to be able to use it like any other - anywhere in the game where clothes are allowed without any change in stats. There is no objectively sensible reason to restrict where swimwear can be used when similar (if not more revealing) visuals are already prevalent throughout the game.

Also, I go away for like half a page and come back to in-depth philosophy on Charr anatomy; what a terrible day to have eyes. This thread is a gift (from Abbadon).

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, AgentMoore.9453 said:

Yeah, but being afraid of seeing half a butt isn't a problem in a game where you can already see a whole butt (or worse) already. This goes double if any sort of money would be involved in swimswear. If I pay for a cosmetic, I want to be able to use it like any other - anywhere in the game where clothes are allowed without any change in stats. There is no objectively sensible reason to restrict where swimwear can be used when similar (if not more revealing) visuals are already prevalent throughout the game.

Also, I go away for like half a page and come back to in-depth philosophy on Charr anatomy; what a terrible day to have eyes. This thread is a gift (from Abbadon).

What outfit or armor shows off the entire butt?  Isn't this the game with the butt-cape fetish that everyone complains about?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

What outfit or armor shows off the entire butt?  Isn't this the game with the butt-cape fetish that everyone complains about?

I'm glad you asked, and by glad I mean oh lord, here we go to butt town. The simplest answer would be the closest thing we have to swimwear right now, which is naked model underwear and Southsun minis (which can be displayed everywhere). In terms of legitimate full moons with 0% coverage, there were glitched items in the game for a time which gave a full front and back view of all of the everything on character models and you would not believe the tender love and care given to the back half. I've seen it. I can't unsee it. Now that I know what lies beneath, the buttcapes feel like a mockery.

As for revealing clothes, most of the bootycentric garments are for female models (guys get buttcapes, bustles, or flat expanses of featureless sorrow; law of the universe, I guess) and either give skin-tight visuals, an easy view all the way up the thighs (as with the Elonian Elementalist outfit or many of the various core Tyria pieces like the Masquerade Leggings) or, by virtue of clipping, sitting in chairs, and interacting with objects, a full view of the bare backside. Apart from butts, we also have the fullbody glory (terror?) of the Starborn Armor which I've seen dyed to look like flesh. And let's also not forget the assortment of lightweight and Sylvari cultural armors , some of which are just a string of beads and a tasteful leaf over the booba.

People seem largely fine with the revealing garments we currently have (visible legs, arms, sides, groins, thighs, lower backs, side of butt, clearly-defined-in-tight-pants butt, gravity-defying modesty leaf, and astral nudity). So, with this kind of thing already in the game (atop the fact that you can just remove all your gear and see one (1) scanty person), I don't see swimwear as anything more than yet another light armor ArenaNet could capitalize on.

And buttcapes? I think a number of armors would look better without them, but that's a topic for another thread.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, AgentMoore.9453 said:

I'm glad you asked, and by glad I mean oh lord, here we go to butt town. The simplest answer would be the closest thing we have to swimwear right now, which is naked model underwear and Southsun minis (which can be displayed everywhere). In terms of legitimate full moons with 0% coverage, there were glitched items in the game for a time which gave a full front and back view of all of the everything on character models and you would not believe the tender love and care given to the back half. I've seen it. I can't unsee it. Now that I know what lies beneath, the buttcapes feel like a mockery.

As for revealing clothes, most of the bootycentric garments are for female models (guys get buttcapes, bustles, or flat expanses of featureless sorrow; law of the universe, I guess) and either give skin-tight visuals, an easy view all the way up the thighs (as with the Elonian Elementalist outfit or many of the various core Tyria pieces like the Masquerade Leggings) or, by virtue of clipping, sitting in chairs, and interacting with objects, a full view of the bare backside. Apart from butts, we also have the fullbody glory (terror?) of the Starborn Armor which I've seen dyed to look like flesh. And let's also not forget the assortment of lightweight and Sylvari cultural armors , some of which are just a string of beads and a tasteful leaf over the booba.

People seem largely fine with the revealing garments we currently have (visible legs, arms, sides, groins, thighs, lower backs, side of butt, clearly-defined-in-tight-pants butt, gravity-defying modesty leaf, and astral nudity). So, with this kind of thing already in the game (atop the fact that you can just remove all your gear and see one (1) scanty person), I don't see swimwear as anything more than yet another light armor ArenaNet could capitalize on.

And buttcapes? I think a number of armors would look better without them, but that's a topic for another thread.

Why do sylvari have bellybuttons?

• Like 1