Can we get a Black Commander Tag Please?!!

@lokh.2695 said:3edgy5me

On a more serious note: A Black commander Tag wouldn't be very visible. I wouldn't mind it but I doubt there's a practical use for it.

That problem already exists with the existing tags, depending on the terrain. Like the white one on snow or the orange one on sand. A black tag would at least be another option for times when something dark would stand out better.

• Like 1

@lokh.2695 said:3edgy5me

On a more serious note: A Black commander Tag wouldn't be very visible. I wouldn't mind it but I doubt there's a practical use for it.

Not really most ground is green-brown. There I see black very well, but as Red-Green blind I‘ve a lot trouble finding (I see them, once I found them, but I’ve trouble noticing them) several of the current tags on green ground.

i have definitley experinced one moment where i thought "a black tag would be ideal for this", some map terrain colours have very few options for tags that stick out and when those colour/s are already taken by some other commander you have to take the one no one can see xD

Yep all for it, black is also my favourite colour.

I'd also like a Blackish Green colour too to represent Necromancers.

Red, Ele.Green, Ranger.Light Blue/Cyan, Guardian.Purple, Mesmer.White, RevenantYellow, EngineerOrange, Warrior

If they add Black that'll represent Thief so Necromancer will be the only class not represented by a Commander Tag colour.. hence a Dark Green would be nice to have too.

• 4 months later...

@Laila Lightness.8742 said:

@Ayakaru.6583 said:I'd rather have some commander chat functions, first.Mentors have an apple icon in front of their name in the chat, but commanders do not.When you're organizing a big map event, often with multiple commanders, you can't tell when the commander's talking

Its probly for commander tag is for wvw mainly

Commanders are just as viable in PVE content, when organizing fights such as Tipple Trouble, or map events such as the silverwastes and several of the HoT openworld raids.

They're not just a WvW asset

@jungsowon.2074 said:I don't understand why ANet only limits the commander tag color to a select few colors. I don't really see the point.Anet would probably still argue that the shade of blue for squad members is totally different from the other shade of blue for party members.

They have a color problem. So limiting them is unsurprising. Well except for PvE, where everyone seem to have all the colors equipped.

@"Teratus.2859" said:Yep all for it, black is also my favourite colour.

I'd also like a Blackish Green colour too to represent Necromancers.

Red, Ele.Green, Ranger.Light Blue/Cyan, Guardian.Purple, Mesmer.White, RevenantYellow, EngineerOrange, Warrior

If they add Black that'll represent Thief so Necromancer will be the only class not represented by a Commander Tag colour.. hence a Dark Green would be nice to have too.

why is revenant white? rifts are black and the "colour" i see the most connection to rev is black, the "colour" i see the least is white. thief and rev are clashing on that so maybe rev is maroon as red/black is the revenant colour combination.