Hoping for LW S4 Ep 3 trailer {merged} — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Hoping for LW S4 Ep 3 trailer {merged}

Avador.8934Avador.8934 Member ✭✭✭
edited June 12, 2018 in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

I bet I'm not the only one waiting so impatiently. So... GIVE IT TO US ANET, WE NEED THAT TRAILER!!!

<1345

Comments

• Grave.9258Grave.9258 Member ✭✭

It's almost 3 months after the Bug in the system release so it would be nice. Also it would be awesome to see new legendary longbow. I hold my fingers crossed for that one :)

• If they don't release the trailer tomorrow they'll likely not release the episode june 5. That means they'll be later than 3 months since last episode and while I don't hold them strictly to that timeframe (it's a goal, not writ in stone) I do expect either a trailer or a message tomorrow.

On a selfish note, since my playtime will be severly limited next week, I'll be fine with the episode coming june 12 :D

• Magnus Godrik.5841Magnus Godrik.5841 Member ✭✭✭

1 word. NOPE

• Ardid.7203Ardid.7203 Member ✭✭✭✭

Honestly, I am.
    I just want to see if they are capable of maintaining the quality from the ABITS trailer. I really hope they do!

• Endless Soul.5178Endless Soul.5178 Member ✭✭✭✭

Not really. While it will be nice to see, I don't hang my gaming life on trailer releases.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Bekka | Akee | Feyyt | Nuumy | Tylee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Sixx | Claara | Conii | Jymm | Synn

Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade but your soul is endless

• RoseofGilead.8907RoseofGilead.8907 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'm hoping for one, but I won't be heartbroken if there isn't one.

Oh look. I have a signature now.

• Pifil.5193Pifil.5193 Member ✭✭✭✭

As someone said in another thread I wouldn't be surprised if they synchronised the release with their appearance at E3 on the 12th of June.

• Zaraki.5784Zaraki.5784 Member ✭✭✭✭

Tomorrow I'll be like "I need a trailer, trailer a trailer is what I need".
    Btw I'm really expecting it to come out tomorrow to be within the 3-months period and cut the kitten of it being released at the start of e3!

"Sticks and stones may break your bones but words will never be able to injure you!"
    The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy

• Drecien.4508Drecien.4508 Member ✭✭✭

"Deep beneath the sea of sorrows, something stirs, growing in power and hungry for magic... It's deep sea Quaggan!!!!" dum dum duuuuuummmm. With the Jaws music playing. 🤣😂

30 Beautiful new mount skins?! Anet take my money!

• Fundor.2098Fundor.2098 Member ✭✭✭

Keeping my fingers crossed for today. I won't be able to play it for a week if it's released on the 12th of June. :disappointed:

The stories we love best do live in us forever. - J.K. Rowling

• Oldirtbeard.9834Oldirtbeard.9834 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 29, 2018

Doesn't matter to me Summersets out anyway; they might wait two or three weeks because of that so ESO doesn't steal GW2s thunder.

I'm just saying why release a content patch now just after another game has dropped a major expansion; you'd have less casuals popping in to buy fancy outfits/mounts off of the Gem Store at that point. If I were in charge I'd hold Episode 3 back until mid June to let the tourists get sick enough of Summerset to get excited about a new LW Episode.

“The only watchmaker is the blind forces of physics.”
    ― Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

• Dreamy Lu.3865Dreamy Lu.3865 Member ✭✭✭✭

Personally, I have no hurry. I am not one rushing at doing everything within the first days after a new episode has been downloaded. I take my time at things. The consequence is that I have a huge list of undone achievements that have piled over time.

• Good side: When many complain they have nothing left to do, me I have. I never get bored in the game thanks to that.
    • Bad side: Each new LS is of course nice because I enjoy to see new content, but it means more adds to my pile of "things to be done when I get the time". By now, this pile has become an Everest! =)

I know I am probably an exception, but me I am glad for the breaks between 2 new LS episodes and if they take a bit longer, it suits me better. :3

I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message...

• Kalythsu.8350Kalythsu.8350 Member ✭✭

Hi.
    I hope it comes out today, too.
    On the French side, they think that the patch will be released on June 12, during E3 event

• Kheldorn.5123Kheldorn.5123 Member ✭✭✭✭

If no trailer today we gonna get more quality threads like this next week, yay!

• Rysdude.3824Rysdude.3824 Member ✭✭✭✭

I just want to see the next legendary shiny is coming out next.

• Plautze.6290Plautze.6290 Member ✭✭✭

Honestly, I don't care at all. As long as the content is solid, they can take their sweet time.

Rohan Blackraven | Allister Mortis | Kareem Aqbar | Mindblower Torxx

• Susy.7529Susy.7529 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 29, 2018

We'll see in few hours, from my point of view I really hope for the trailer to be released today!

• Healix.5819Healix.5819 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:
    Why would a post showing datamined gemstore items mean no trailer?

The idea is that they only release 1 gem store item per week, therefore the next patch isn't until June 12. If they intentionally delay the episode to launch it at E3 however, that means they likely have nothing to show there.

• Kheldorn.5123Kheldorn.5123 Member ✭✭✭✭

Next tuesday marks 3 month expected deadline. So if no trailer today they should deliver an announcement with new ETA.

• Just a flesh wound.3589Just a flesh wound.3589 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 29, 2018

@Pifil.5193 said:

@Cerioth.7062 said:
    That_shaman posted a datamine on reddit a week back and it showed three new gemstore items which likely means we are not getting trailer this week, but next week with E3.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/8lbczn/datamining_upcoming_features_from_the_may_22_patch/

I think it's based on past patterns; there are enough new gem store items to not need another patch for three weeks assuming one gem store item releases a week.

Last week it was the Elonian Elementalist Outfit, this week they'll release either the Sunspear Glider or the Choya harvesting tool and next week they'll release the other one, this makes it unlikely that they're planning on another patch to add Episode 3 either this week or next. As the trailers come the week before the episode it's unlikely that the trailer will be this week rather it will be next week.

That said it is of course possible that they could release both the glider and the choya harvesting tool this week and release Episode 3 next week in which case there will be a trailer today it's just that based on the past patterns it's less likely.

@Pifil.5193 said:

@Cerioth.7062 said:
    That_shaman posted a datamine on reddit a week back and it showed three new gemstore items which likely means we are not getting trailer this week, but next week with E3.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/8lbczn/datamining_upcoming_features_from_the_may_22_patch/

I think it's based on past patterns; there are enough new gem store items to not need another patch for three weeks assuming one gem store item releases a week.

Last week it was the Elonian Elementalist Outfit, this week they'll release either the Sunspear Glider or the Choya harvesting tool and next week they'll release the other one, this makes it unlikely that they're planning on another patch to add Episode 3 either this week or next. As the trailers come the week before the episode it's unlikely that the trailer will be this week rather it will be next week.

That said it is of course possible that they could release both the glider and the choya harvesting tool this week and release Episode 3 next week in which case there will be a trailer today it's just that based on the past patterns it's less likely.

I suppose. However I don’t think his post holds up logically, for two reasons. One, things ANet is planning to sell in the gemstore shouldn’t have any tie to when ANet releases a trailer and two, even if they did some of those items are already in the gemstore.

Be careful what you ask for
    ANet might give it to you.

Forum Guides: Images. Text

• DanAlcedo.3281DanAlcedo.3281 Member ✭✭✭✭

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ Gimme Trailer (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ

They need to give us at least an official statement for not having released the trailer today!

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Susy.7529 said:
    They need to give us at least an official statement for not having released the trailer today!

They have now

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

So...uhm...can we expect the trailer tomorrow?

"Sticks and stones may break your bones but words will never be able to injure you!"

• Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 4, 2018

Would certainly go against the speculation that we’d get it during E3, or whatever the event is that’s this month, if we got it tomorrow.

At this point nothing is certain about the release of the patch, but I hope for the trailer to come out tomorrow as well.

• Speculators think the next scheduled update will be on the 12th. If that's true, we'd see a preview on the 5th if ANet follows their previous patterns. (Of course, ANet Consistency™ means never having to maintain a pattern ;) )

"Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

• Ardid.7203Ardid.7203 Member ✭✭✭✭

It would be amazing to have a trailer tomorrow and a full release parallel to E3.
    Somehow I doubt they will announce anything this week, though.

• Fenom.9457Fenom.9457 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:
    Doesn't matter to me Summersets out anyway; they might wait two or three weeks because of that so ESO doesn't steal GW2s thunder.

I'm just saying why release a content patch now just after another game has dropped a major expansion; you'd have less casuals popping in to buy fancy outfits/mounts off of the Gem Store at that point. If I were in charge I'd hold Episode 3 back until mid June to let the tourists get sick enough of Summerset to get excited about a new LW Episode.

Because many people don’t play that and are left twisting wondering why Anet is suddenly failing so hard. Also they SHOULD steal ESO’s thunder with a release

HARRY! DIDYA PUT YER NAME IN DA GOBLET OF FIYAH?!

I was but after being burned for the last few weeks as they continue with nothingness I’m preparing myself for continued emptiness

• Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

Because many people don’t play that and are left twisting wondering why Anet is suddenly failing so hard. Also they SHOULD steal ESO’s thunder with a release

Funny considering that a LW release is about as large as that expansion that people are paying $40 for.

• Oldirtbeard.9834Oldirtbeard.9834 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 4, 2018

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

Funny considering that a LW release is about as large as that expansion that people are paying $40 for.

delete this comment, it's probably off topic; I policed my self.

“The only watchmaker is the blind forces of physics.”
    ― Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

• Hybarf Tics.2048Hybarf Tics.2048 Member ✭✭✭

You don't need to see the Anet trailer. This is not the episode you're looking for, move along, move along.
    Everyone knows Anet is only going to E3 for donuts and coffee, nothing to see here, move along, go home and rethink your life. B)

• aspirine.5839aspirine.5839 Member ✭✭✭

Well a bit selfish but no I do not care much for now. I have not even finished PoF yet you see =)

• Plautze.6290Plautze.6290 Member ✭✭✭

@aspirine.5839 said:
    Well a bit selfish but no I do not care much for now. I have not even finished PoF yet you see =)

As long as the content is solid, they should take their time.
    Also, I didn't even play S4E1, still wrapping up things from PoF, like griffon.

Rohan Blackraven | Allister Mortis | Kareem Aqbar | Mindblower Torxx

• Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'm hoping (well, would be interested to watch) for one today! :wink:

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Avador.8934 said:
    I bet I'm not the only one waiting so impatiently. So... GIVE IT TO US ANET, WE NEED THAT TRAILER!!!

I was hopeful last week, but since the official announcement, I am not holding my breath for it today. ;)

• Menadena.7482Menadena.7482 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

"Oh you are selling new content? We are giving paid users the same amount for free every few months."

Do it with all of E3 watching anet ....

New to the game? Feel free to give a yell if you need PVE help.

Crossing fingers

@Menadena.7482 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

"Oh you are selling new content? We are giving paid users the same amount for free every few months."

Do it with all of E3 watching anet ....

Haha pleeease do that on top of the new players that are coming in even though there’s a drought and watch the numbers shoot up

• GwAddict.9746GwAddict.9746 Member ✭✭✭

Still no trailer and it has been well over 3 months already.....

Can we please go back to LWS1 schedule and content instead of the content drought that we have today?

Nothing today again, sad. :'(

• Tyson.5160Tyson.5160 Member ✭✭✭✭

@GwAddict.9746 said:

Can we please go back to LWS1 schedule and content instead of the content drought that we have today?

That was too quick for me honestly.

• GwAddict.9746GwAddict.9746 Member ✭✭✭

@Ashen.2907 said:

@GwAddict.9746 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

@GwAddict.9746 said:

That was too quick for me honestly.

And this is way too slow for the rest of us and we don't even know if we'll get anything this month at all. They are already over 3 months and if we take their schedule into account it is 4 eposodes (content that lasts only 3-4 days) in one year....

Might want to change, "for the rest of us," to, "for me," in order to be accurate and honest.

Fine, should have instead said "many of us" judging by this thread and the sentiments of many ingame.

edited June 5, 2018

I'm adding myself to the "many of us" list.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.