What is your absolute favourite thing in GW2? — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

What is your absolute favourite thing in GW2?

All throughout the years, and all the time you played the game...
What is that one thing in GW2 that was really breathtaking for you?

<1

Comments

• lokh.2695lokh.2695 Member ✭✭✭✭

Hard to point out one thing so I make a top three, that should be easier....

• LS1 Lion's Arch events were great and the game felt really alive back then
    • Getting my first Raid kills felt great
    • Getting the 30k AP chest as it was a goal I was working/playing towards to for 5 years

Why bother, just delete the official Forum.

• Raknar.4735Raknar.4735 Member ✭✭✭✭

Probably the battle on the Breachmaker, sadly it isn't available anymore.

You have a heart of gold. Don't let them take it from you. Umbasa.

• Tiilimon.6094Tiilimon.6094 Member ✭✭✭

The flute, it has made me reinstall twice.

• AliamRationem.5172AliamRationem.5172 Member ✭✭✭✭

It's hard to say, but I'm leaning towards the HoT maps. I know they didn't go over well with everyone, but those maps are just insanely creative designs and I very much enjoy the events, too!

Then again, I love this game's combat system and some of the class designs are pretty wild, too. And SAB. That is pretty unique. How do you choose?

• Fenom.9457Fenom.9457 Member ✭✭✭✭

Impossible for me to pick one thing, but I’ll say that a main point that has kept me invested for almost 5 years now is new maps. Exploring the world, I just want more and more of it, much as possible! I often stare at the map and imagine going to places we can’t yet, sometimes I even use the drawing tool in game go make squares and shapes for new maps.

More recently, the skyscale, which is easily my favorite mount (more skins for it anet!). I’ve also enjoyed the festivals a lot this year. Sometimes in real life Im really feeling the holidays and get excited, and sometimes I don’t. This year I was all ready for Halloween and Christmas, so I played the festivals here a lot too, and loved it. Of course dragon bash was new and four winds is my favorite, so the last 4 have been awesome! Can’t wait to log in today and play lunar new year

HARRY! DIDYA PUT YER NAME IN DA GOBLET OF FIYAH?!

• Zexanima.7851Zexanima.7851 Member ✭✭✭✭

The combat and build system. I can easily switch between builds, skills, and equipment to keep things fresh. The combat is also the best of any MMO I've played.

Depression and anxiety are the worst...

• Rauderi.8706Rauderi.8706 Member ✭✭✭✭

For as much as I criticize GW2's encounters, I have to say I like the combat as a whole. It's active and fluid without needing to murder my mouse with irritating combos (that DC heroes MMO was the worst). It still needs a few adjustments (coughStabilitycough), and enemies need to read better (more channels of conveyance please!), but it just feels good overall.

Many alts! Handle it!

"A condescending answer might as well not be an answer at all."
    -Eloc Freidon.5692

• My favorite location is Tarir. My best memory is when I accidentally stumbled on the Shadow Behemoth event while leveling. I had no idea what was going on, but it was awesome.

"When a man lies he murders some part of the world" – Paul Gerhardt
    "Just so we’re clear, I’m a solo player" – Kirito

• Without a doubt, meta events and world bosses. No other MMO comes close. WoW kind of has daily world quests that try to replicate it. ESO has dragons and dolmens. In both cases, both are static and monotonous in comparison. I cannot begin to describe how refreshing they are from traditional quests.

• Clyan.1593Clyan.1593 Member ✭✭✭

Back when I didn't have nearly as much stuff as now I simply loved collecting no matter what. I still enjoy going for bigger goals as long as it isnt too repetitive.

• Zok.4956Zok.4956 Member ✭✭✭

@SoulGuardian.6203 said:

The LS1 arc around the destruction of Lions Arch and especially the atmosphere in the episode "Escape from Lion's Arch"

https://www.gw2gh.com/ - A GW2-Guild-Hall.
    Register and check your guild leaderboard to see who is the best in your guild and who finished achievements first.

• Rauderi.8706Rauderi.8706 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Redavv.2643 said:
    The ones that scream CASUALS now are the casuals of the future they simple dont get it at the moment

Don't be surprised if I quote this as my new signature. :+1:

Many alts! Handle it!

"A condescending answer might as well not be an answer at all."
    -Eloc Freidon.5692

• AnakinJeakin.1604AnakinJeakin.1604 Member ✭✭
    edited January 15, 2020

Being able to avoid the way-too-many festivals by playing outside the cities

• For me it was the first battle against kralkatorrik. The hype, the excitement and ofcourse the plottwist. The feeling of my heart getting broken and just staring at my screen feeling empty and lost.
    The battle was amazing with these cutscenes. The game controlling your camera. It was just awesome. (All or Nothing, living story s4e05)

• SexyMofo.8923SexyMofo.8923 Member ✭✭✭

Celestial challenge.

• Mortifera.6138Mortifera.6138 Member ✭✭✭

Horizontal rather than vertical progression.

• Airdive.2613Airdive.2613 Member ✭✭✭✭

Build diversity. Meta aside, there's a vast number of different playstyles and a lot of less obvious but ultimately satisfying skill-trait-attribute synergies. You can build virtually anything if you put your mind to it.

• Raids and CM fractal

• The Revenant. An absolutely splendid Profession with such a fascinating lore and playstyle. I have played it ever since it came out and every other Profession has felt duller in comparison. I hope to see more of it either explained or expanded upon at a later date.

• TheQuickFox.3826TheQuickFox.3826 Member ✭✭✭✭

@AnakinJeakin.1604 said:
    Being able to avoid the way-too-many festivals by playing outside the cities

Player: Festivals! 150 days of festivals!
    Observer: ANet is cleverer than I thought.

Ascalon Will Prevail!

GW Wiki user page | GW2 Wiki user page

• For me it was HoT launch, having to figure out , how to navigate the maps without the masteries was incredibly fun and one of the best experience of my video gaming life.

• The PvE maps. There are a few that confuse the check out of me due to being multilayered, but every single map is a work of art.

• @Cronospere.8143 said:
    For me it was the first battle against kralkatorrik. The hype, the excitement and ofcourse the plottwist. The feeling of my heart getting broken and just staring at my screen feeling empty and lost.
    The battle was amazing with these cutscenes. The game controlling your camera. It was just awesome. (All or Nothing, living story s4e05)

I agree but I'd go further the whole of season 4 and I'm including episode 3 in that for the story that is. Just the things they did. Moving from one instance straight into another, two brilliant villians in my personal opinion Kralkatorrik was 10X better than Zhaitan and Mordremoth. Destroying the mists or damaging them really badly (side note Anet you need to address this). The first fight with Kralk but also the flying section in episode 6 just flying through the god realms on Aurenes back chasing the dragon. If I'm honest I expected when the second half of season 4 moved onto Kralk we'd lead up to an expansion dealing with him but to fight him in Living World would have been something unheard of even in season 3.

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 15, 2020

@Raknar.4735 said:
    Probably the battle on the Breachmaker, sadly it isn't available anymore.

Whilst I loathed a lot of LS1, The Battle for LA, Battle on the Breachmaker are amongst the few exceptions to that. There is very little that comes as close to being as epic as that double episode was in scope and content.

It remains the best story arc ending in the game. Arguably the franchise.

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• Everything, except raids
    I especially like the lore of the game.

• @Randulf.7614 said:
    Whilst I loathed a lot of LS1, The Battle for LA, Battle on the Breachmaker are amongst the few exceptions to that. There is very little that comes as close to being as epic as that double episode was in scope and content.

It remains the best story arc ending in the game. Arguably the franchise.

LS1's battles: the BLA, the Breachmaker, the Nightmare tower, the Marionette, the first time we fought the revamped teq, and those first weeks of triple trouble
    bring back THAT type of intensity pretty please.

• @SoulGuardian.6203 said:

The fact that scarlet nuked a major city, it turned into what is essentially a raid, then got rebuilt like nothing happened and the only way you'd know it got nuked is if you listen to NPC people complain about the lingering effects of it in game.

That kitten blew my mind . I wish theyd do it more often but I can imagine the work....

[Charr Noises]
    [I play every class!]
    [I don't share builds!]
    [Fight me in the arena anytime!]