New Patch notes ? ArenaNet What are you doing? [Merged]

tim.4596

It's okay to have MAJOR changes to precast in the game if new content is being released, but if you are not gonna release any new dungeons, fractals or raids until EoD. What's the point to start changing those now. Those "tricks" were mostly used to speedclear dungeons, raids or fractals. Content which only a very small percentage of the game partake into, yet you removed that. Like... I don't understand. Could there please be some honest and actual information as to why make changes literally destroying how speedruns content were achieved.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 11
  • Confused 22

Its not that big of a deal they removed it to 99% of the players, though I'm sure those few that used it aren't happen.

ANet did vaguely explain why in the patch notes, but we really don't know exactly how bad it was.

Edited by LuRkEr.9462

Exactly the same situation as before with consumables. Are you having fun in the game and using some QOL stuff for smooth gaming? You want to play some Dungeons or Fractals with your friend? Want some low-man instance content? Not anymore, my dude. Now you will suffer cause you both cannot prestack even a single boon. So, looks like it's a final blow to that part of the game

Big thanks, Anet

RIP

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 16

7 minutes ago, Tyncale.1629 said:

Did not know pre-stacking Boons and such was even a thing. I always find the timer so short on Buffs anyway, do you guys clear a Fractal in 2 minutes or some? 

Color me impressed, I'm still a noob. 😛

It's a nerf to prestack in fractals.

It's clear they don't want prestack boons or Sunqua Peak would not have the boon rip at the start.

The major place build swapping was used in raids is MO, where people swapped Leader of the Pack, precast One Wolf Pack and then swapped to Oppressive Superiority.

Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vA1UymW7Sf4
(reference https://www.speedrun.com/gw2/run/y8reg85m)

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I read it as you can't buff or use skills then swap specs/skills and keep the buffs which sounds logical to me. Just like bringing rocks and sticks to break cc in content wasn't intended. I mean you can call them tricks or exploits or just things that weren't meant to be used the way. The smart min/maxers find every loophole, shortcut, skip or advantage to beat stuff that wasn't intended to be beat in that way. Be thankful they dont someday force us to do all mechanics of every boss you can skip by massive dps

• Like 9
  • Confused 1

Why did they make it so complicated? It's not like we don't have the solution-- raids removed boons at the start of the fight.

That being said I tryhard boonstacking was pretty tedious anyways. Spend more time prebuffing than the actual fight lmao.

It does kinda suck in that I didn't want to use staff on Seraphbrand but I think we can probably keep up the might anyways with more boon duration.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 1

Armory waponswap complaints largely solved I guess 😛  

I don't see how "speedruns" are suddenly destroyed btw, it's just moving the line back. It's not like speedrunners were getting edge over each other due to prestacking, they all had to do it anyways. Now they'll just all not do it 🙃

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, xfrozzenx.7528 said:

Theres more of an fps drop using the god awful gemstore capes than there is from swapping your templates rapidly

They're not talking about graphical performance. They're talking about serverside performance i.e. latency.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guild-wars-2-live-fall-and-winter-2021/

"On August 31, we’ll be rolling out some substantial updates to our server infrastructure—specifically, the servers that make World vs. World possible. This new server code is going to run silently in the background for a few weeks, allowing us to stress test the system with live player data. Ideally, you shouldn’t notice anything different in your WvW gameplay during this time."

Edit: added quotes

Edited by Rod.6581

This is the single worst change to the game I have seen in years. What the hell are they doing? Completely ruins dungeon speedruns with well timed weapon and gear set swapping while running between areas and makes fractal no-heal bursts a joke. I don't even know what to say, this dumbs down the game a lot and removes a lot of interesting complexity. If they're gonna pull kitten like this I'm losing a lot of enjoyment from this game.

Edit: I think removing traps and specialization trait buffs is good. I think removing boons is BAD.

Edited by Jokuc.3478
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 16
  • Sad 1

59 minutes ago, Math.5123 said:

This is such a stupid change that removes skilled play in areas like dungeons. No more prestacking might before a boss, or symbol stacking before a boss turns hostile. Way to dumb down the game. 

I’m curious how pre-stacking boons constitutes skilled gameplay. It seems to be an established way to circumvent encounter mechanics in a way that does not promote more active, skilled play.

N.B.: This is not to say those who pre-stacked were not skilled, only that they will continue to be skilled without pre-stacking, whereas those dependent on it were probably not as skilled as pre-stacking allowed them to appear.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

are you complaining about them removing an unintended side-effect of build templates?

you lost the ability to do something you couldn't do before build templates were a thing, if you've bought into BTs because of an oversight then that's on you. it's not the end of the world, it's just back to the old speedrun strats.

• Like 14