Did these people play the same spec as we did?

Lethion.8745

15 minutes ago, Lethion.8745 said:

Look at the comments. It's all Virtuoso. Did they launch a different Virtuoso in some servers because I am losing my mind here.

I think its because its a less complicated spec, compared to Core, Chrono or Mirage. It certainly have made me a lot more interested in mesmers.

Edited by LucianDK.8615
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

You can find a legion of casual players that will like it.  They only care about  kill some mobs by simply smashing their heads on the keyboard and don't care if they are downed every few seconds, can't solo hard content, etc.  People that will love it for it's visual animations, its look, that don't care of be competitive, manage their skills and don't have a clue of how to win a match, what stragegy means, how the score system works, etc. Waste some skills and get some laughs is the goal and it works for them. 

The Virtuoso has a key feature for that kind of players. It is a ranged dps with AoE cleave... so they can be safe in some far spot while others do the hard mele job. They also can kill easy mobs at range before receive a single hit. So scary players will play it a lot and love it. With luck, others will carry them.

Developers will love it too.  The single thing to balance is keeping its dps below a certain level and that's it.  There is no mechanics in that specialization that need to be balanced less, maybe, few cooldowns. 😆🤣

So yeah, they tested the same specialization and it's an easy going for the casuals. Competitive players and those who like to solo challenging content will play something else.

Edited by Zoser.7245
  • Like 11
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Lethion.8745 said:
Look at the comments. It's all Virtuoso. Did they launch a different Virtuoso in some servers because I am losing my mind here.

Is it so hard to believe that many people actually enjoyed Virtuoso?

Different people enjoy different things.

1 hour ago, Lethion.8745 said:

It's not just my opinion. Reactions to Virtuoso is so different in Reddit and forum which makes me suprised.

That's because the people on the forums generally are a different people than the ones on Reddit. And both groups are minorities when it comes to the entire player base of the game.

It's not hard to believe that one group ends up with another consensus than other groups.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, Lethion.8745 said:

They are all RPers who don't really play the game.  There is no way that Virtuoso is anywhere near to being good like how they're making it out to be.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 12
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Lethion.8745 said:

It's not just my opinion. Reactions to Virtuoso is so different in Reddit and forum which makes me suprised.

You didn't seem to understand my point. It shouldn't surprise you that people have a different opinion because despite the vocal GW2 forum goers, there ARE people that like how Virtuoso play. The only reason that I can think of that anyone would be 'surprised' about that is because they think they can appeal to 'everyone' hating Virtuoso as a reason Anet should change it. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 7

People can like it all they want, doesn't change anything. Mesmer will always have to live up to a double standard from bias devs and bias balance discord. "Some may avert their eyes, but the truth remains the truth." -Karla DS3

Appeals to popularity are fallacious anyways, and scrubs who will never reach platinum, finish a raid, and only go to WvW because the maps are pretty or whatever, don't actually get an objective say for if a class is good or not. They can be as excited as they like, but I'm willing to bet many will abandon it pretty quickly.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

It's for PVE players really. The PVE benchmark damage is high enough that even some more hardcore PVE players will be satiated and the flashy pink effects will appease the people that like visual noise (see stacking 8 different Phospholuminescent infusions).

Anyone that plays longbow ranger with axe+warhorn, longbow + scepter focus DH, scepter focus + staff guardian of any kind, condi single shortbow ranger, staff DPS elementalist, condi scepter ele,  rifle deadeye, pistol+pistol thief, hammer revenant, scepter / staff condi mirage, or non-meta ranged specs will probably like it. If scourge has shown us anything it is that high DPS uptime ranged specs will be popular.

When the bulk of the playerbase is more or less in openworld and the spec is perfectly fine for openworld because as long as you tag things you get credit, it is not surprising. The dagger is even 5 targets which means it could be competitive with Greatsword mirage for tagging. Since the spec isn't as reliant on clones if mobs die you don't need to remake clones for shatter purposes either.

Edited by Infusion.7149

8 hours ago, Reteiel.7063 said:

It looks like a perfect spec for non-mesmer players so I guess it's not surprising, the aesthetics of it are great even if it doesn't really fix any issues mesmer has.

An elite sec shouldn't fix issues with a class. The issues should be fixed core, and what an elite spec should do is offer an alternative niche/playstyle previously not available.

That's the problem with wanting constant power creep from the next xpac's elite spec while leaving currently struggling ones as they are.

People need to start demanding that developers do their job instead of patching up the holes with an elite spec.

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zenith.7301 said:

An elite sec shouldn't fix issues with a class. The issues should be fixed core, and what an elite spec should do is offer an alternative niche/playstyle previously not available.

That's the problem with wanting constant power creep from the next xpac's elite spec while leaving currently struggling ones as they are.

People need to start demanding that developers do their job instead of patching up the holes with an elite spec.

It's the same developers who nerfed Core Mesmer in order to balance Mirage tho.

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Lethion.8745 said:

It's the same developers who nerfed Core Mesmer in order to balance Mirage tho.

So ... you think the same developers who nerfed Core Mesmer in order to balance Mirage are going to use Virtuoso to fix issues with the class? That doesn't really make sense to you does it? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

15 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

So ... you think the same developers who nerfed Core Mesmer in order to balance Mirage are going to use Virtuoso to fix issues with the class? That doesn't really make sense to you does it? 

While it doesn't make sense to use an elite specialization to attempt to fix (or rather cover up) core issues,

nerfing core to try to balance an elite specialization, instead of touching the specialization itself, doesn't make sense either.

I don't think Virtuoso would succeed in fixing covering up any of the core issues though.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

It doesn't but it's bold of you to assume that developers will do what makes most sense.

9 minutes ago, Lethion.8745 said:

It doesn't but it's bold of you to assume that developers will do what makes most sense.

That's some thick irony ... what makes you think I've assumed that? This from the guy who is 'surprised' people have differing opinions about the spec in the first place. 🙄

That would make sense if I did assume that but I'm making no claim that devs do what makes sense ... but be assured they WILL make the spec the way they want it to work. Whether that makes sense to you or not is irrelevant. 

I get it OK .. you think Virtuoso is trash but don't pretend everyone believes what you do just to claim what Anet is doing doesn't make sense to get them to change it. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7

Some people complained clones were too slow, Chrono's time caches up fixed that.
Some people complained you should be able to change clones' targets, some mirage skills fixed that.
Some people complained clones died too fast to aoe and cleave, virt solves that.

So yeah, ANerf always use mesmer's elite specs to bandaid their garbage design.

Edited by Lincolnbeard.1735
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

Some people complained clones were too slow, Chrono's time caches up fixed that.
Some people complained you should be able to change clones' targets, some mirage skills fixed that.
Some people complained clones died too fast to aoe and cleave, virt solves that.

So yeah, ANerf always use mesmer's elite specs to bandaid their garbage design.

The fact that things Anet did address complaints does not mean Anet uses especs to fix 'garbage design'. The fact that people complain about EVERYTHING means that anything Anet does will coincidentally look like they address complaints with especs. Correlation does not equal cause. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7

10 hours ago, Zenith.7301 said:

Well... The Virtuoso offers the simplest playing style of the game. 😁  They killed the shatters mechanics with the Virtuoso so is the first specialization with no mechanics.  The simplest one. Now it's "Bladesongs" are regular skills with cast time and basically no resource micromanagement to get worried as generating blades is almost free through traits and you can also stacks them to begin with. Also easy to counter.  You lost the strategy of positioning clones defensively to block skills, or offensively to proceed insta-combo shatters to surprise foes with big burst,  to manage each clone as a valuable resource, etc.  All lost in exchange of what?   Blades, reflectable blades everywhere for free... that is all.   No mobility from the specialization, no sustain (again), no shatters, nothing to share, no special powerful mechanics....  Only blades, blades everywhere.  Well, maybe they'll call "The projectile finisher" the Virtuoso's basic mechanics....  And "The Suicide", his nickname.  To add to the famous, "The single dodge thing/man" of the Mirage.

Some call the mesmer mechanics a mess/hassle but, ironically , the mesmer will get the simplest specialization ever and also the simplest thing to play plus the fairest one with its foes. Also the most easy to counter because  "the mesmer core resources" are the only ones it has to survive properly.  It has passed almost two months with the feedback open and still no word from the developers about the specialization's updates planned if they have a single one in mind.  Being at the middle of October, it's difficult to think in fundamental changes.  I only expect bug fixes and small number tweaks as "balance".

So, for mesmers, it's a new style of play. For players from other professions more of the same but now even with a greater simplicity than other professions and with the pink visual style that some will like for a while until they worry and go back to play something else more interesting.  Anyways, it will fit perfectly for casual players that do openworld pve, where it will become popular and, maybe, also played in some raid where it will be carried if its dps is too high for a while until be nerfed.

Edited by Zoser.7245
  • Like 5
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, Zoser.7245 said:

Well... The Virtuoso offers the simplest playing style of the game.

I actually think that Minion Reaper and Necromancer are far simpler. Just summon your minions and only focus on your weapons/shroud.

Glint-camping Herald can also be played far simpler than Virtuoso.

And then there is also Five-Signet Warrior, which isn't as strong anymore, but still somewhat decent and simpler than Virtuoso.

There probably are even more builds that are simpler than Virtuoso.

Edited by Fueki.4753

On 10/16/2021 at 2:27 PM, Zoser.7245 said:

You can find a legion of casual players that will like it.  They only care about  kill some mobs by simply smashing their heads on the keyboard and don't care if they are downed every few seconds, can't solo hard content, etc.  People that will love it for it's visual animations, its look, that don't care of be competitive, manage their skills and don't have a clue of how to win a match, what stragegy means, how the score system works, etc. Waste some skills and get some laughs is the goal and it works for them. 

The Virtuoso has a key feature for that kind of players. It is a ranged dps with AoE cleave... so they can be safe in some far spot while others do the hard mele job. They also can kill easy mobs at range before receive a single hit. So scary players will play it a lot and love it. With luck, others will carry them.

Developers will love it too.  The single thing to balance is keeping its dps below a certain level and that's it.  There is no mechanics in that specialization that need to be balanced less, maybe, few cooldowns. 😆🤣

So yeah, they tested the same specialization and it's an easy going for the casuals. Competitive players and those who like to solo challenging content will play something else.

On 10/16/2021 at 9:35 PM, Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

Three possibilities:
1 - people who have 0 clue about mesmers.
2 - people who play only open world pve.
3 - people who dislike mesmer so they defend virt to get it to stay the kitten it is, so they can score ez kills.

11 hours ago, Zoser.7245 said:

Well... The Virtuoso offers the simplest playing style of the game. 😁  They killed the shatters mechanics with the Virtuoso so is the first specialization with no mechanics.  The simplest one. Now it's "Bladesongs" are regular skills with cast time and basically no resource micromanagement to get worried as generating blades is almost free through traits and you can also stacks them to begin with. Also easy to counter.  You lost the strategy of positioning clones defensively to block skills, or offensively to proceed insta-combo shatters to surprise foes with big burst,  to manage each clone as a valuable resource, etc.  All lost in exchange of what?   Blades, reflectable blades everywhere for free... that is all.   No mobility from the specialization, no sustain (again), no shatters, nothing to share, no special powerful mechanics....  Only blades, blades everywhere.  Well, maybe they'll call "The projectile finisher" the Virtuoso's basic mechanics....  And "The Suicide", his nickname.  To add to the famous, "The single dodge thing/man" of the Mirage.

Some call the mesmer mechanics a mess/hassle but, ironically , the mesmer will get the simplest specialization ever and also the simplest thing to play plus the fairest one with its foes. Also the most easy to counter because  "the mesmer core resources" are the only ones it has to survive properly.  It has passed almost two months with the feedback open and still no word from the developers about the specialization's updates planned if they have a single one in mind.  Being at the middle of October, it's difficult to think in fundamental changes.  I only expect bug fixes and small number tweaks as "balance".

So, for mesmers, it's a new style of play. For players from other professions more of the same but now even with a greater simplicity than other professions and with the pink visual style that some will like for a while until they worry and go back to play something else more interesting.  Anyways, it will fit perfectly for casual players that do openworld pve, where it will become popular and, maybe, also played in some raid where it will be carried if its dps is too high for a while until be nerfed.

glad to see other ppl see it too. i started to feel pretty lonely in the gw2 world of bias and mes hate including insane lack of class and game knowledge/ understanding 

Edited by JazzXman.7018
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1