WvW need a new attribute that counters Crit Damage

Ausar.9542

The power creep is way too high and only going to get higher as new builds become more crafted.

We need a counter to this increased damage for once. 

I am just borrowing some ideas from what other MMOs did when this issue approached. 

Add a new Stat/Attribute that specifically reduces incoming crit damage. 

The Toughness Stat just isnt good enough to counter the post Vanilla damage spike increase seen from Elite Specs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 9
  • Confused 10
  • Sad 2

50 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

*Cough* weakness *cough*

Weakness. Or boonstrip to get rid of Fury. Hard to beat removing 20% crit chance. 

Or I could suggest the dodge key. Crit damage doesn't tend to be a huge issue unless it's a rapid spike (which can be blocked, dodged, otherwise avoided). The longer that you survive the more likely they will have used up their cooldowns for the big damage numbers and won't hit nearly as hard. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

it is vitality tho. that and cleanse

not really, because vitality 'counter' also brute dammage, but brut dammage have toughness that is added to vitality for counter it. Alteration got nothing in stats, cleanse and the buff that counter alteration(if not corrupted/debuff) are the only way to fight againts and nobody nowaday play without full clean/resitance on alteraiton in their build and even with this a condi build still win vs a power one most of the time.

power build are enough crippled compared to the past years... 

Edited by Baras.8673
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

it is vitality tho. that and cleanse

I think he means something like toughness but against condition damage. Vitality creates a buffer against all damage but toughness is the only stat that can directly reduce a damage type.

There is -XX% condition duration food, runes, traits, and for the lucky few utilities. Perhaps that should be turned into a stat, or just link it to  toughness or vitality? Probably just vitality and have so that every 1000 vitality above the base amount gives -10% condition duration. Can't go much above that because of the -condition duration effects that already exist, but if this sort of change were done then I'd get rid of those and up the vitality to condition duration reduction to 20% per 1000 vitality above base. Cleanses could then be reworked to only remove non damaging conditions.

2 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I think he means something like toughness but against condition damage. Vitality creates a buffer against all damage but toughness is the only stat that can directly reduce a damage type.

Yeah there is something like that which work against condition damage while exponentially favoring power.

Its called time.

i don't see an issue with damage, honestly was more fun and balanced before the big damage nerf. every class has buttons to counter big damage, its up to you to read the tells and predict the enemy. play quick, play smart, its not a Warcraft snoozefest

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ausar.9542 said:

The Toughness Stat just isnt good enough to counter the post Vanilla damage spike increase seen from Elite Specs.

Maxxing out toughness (gear+rune+infusions+food) gives you roughly a 50% direct damage reduction. That pretty much neutralizes the critical damage multiplier of a marauder build.

Toughness does even more for you as it reduces non-crit damage as well.

Edited by KrHome.1920

13 hours ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

The counter to crit damage is that it is an inefficient stat.  It is useless without having both high power and high precision.  Nearly every build with crit damage is also a glass cannon.  

I once tested a Reaper on full Soldier's and managed to hit 4k Power, 100% crit and 200% crit damage with something like 2.8k armor and 25k health. And they're not the only class that can do these kinds of builds , either.

There's quite a few builds where Precision isn't needed in high amounts, or at all.

That said, having a counter to crit chance would push the meta from being Power-centric to Condition-centric, so I'd also be in favor of making Toughness reduce Condition Damage by 20% of the reduction it applies to Power damage (but no more, since condis are the counter to Toughness).

Edited by Hannelore.8153

Oh yeah please, let's make the invincible blobs even more invincible, i play that Herald Hammer build, and when i'm not inside a blob of my own, all my "super high crit damaging skills" deal like 2k to 5k damage on the main people, i super want that to be reduced even further, because the perma barrier, perma protection, perma healing, perma stability is not enough, we need moar defense, bunker meta ftw.

I know this post is about roaming and 1v1's, but since they can't split changes between 1x1 and zerg fights let's just leave things the way they are, and actually nerf all the boon spam we have at the moment.

Edited by Brandon Uzumaki.1524
  • Like 4

56 minutes ago, Brandon Uzumaki.1524 said:

Oh yeah please, let's make the invincible blobs even more invincible, i play that Herald Hammer build, and when i'm not inside a blob of my own, all my "super high crit damaging skills" deal like 2k to 5k damage on the main people, i super want that to be reduced even further, because the perma barrier, perma protection, perma healing, perma stability is not enough, we need moar defense, bunker meta ftw.

I know this is probably about romaing and 1v1's, but since they can't split changes between 1x1 and zerg fights let's just leave things the way they are, and actually nerf all the boon spam we have at the moment.

Most targets ive found alone or in groups are minstrells or condi bunkers :(

Edited by Aeolus.3615