PvE method for Acquisition of Gift of Battle

6 minutes ago, Veya.2871 said:

There is an untold level of confidence here that any given person would have 20 different friends who play GW2, I personally only have one other friend who does, otherwise I play entirely solo.

Honestly though the right solution would be just to make GoB and GoE tradable so you can just buy one you need off TP, you can already buy GoG and GoW off TP(well, shards, but same end result), and I have too often seen WvW players complaining in map chat that they have 50+ GoB they can't do anything with because that's the only Mastery Track worth repeating after a while, so it would at least partially solve the issue.

How about LFG, or post in this here forum….

🙂

1 hour ago, Veya.2871 said:

There is an untold level of confidence here that any given person would have 20 different friends who play GW2, I personally only have one other friend who does, otherwise I play entirely solo.

Honestly though the right solution would be just to make GoB and GoE tradable so you can just buy one you need off TP, you can already buy GoG and GoW off TP(well, shards, but same end result), and I have too often seen WvW players complaining in map chat that they have 50+ GoB they can't do anything with because that's the only Mastery Track worth repeating after a while, so it would at least partially solve the issue.

Ok how bout this for a brainstorm idea, a way to Mystic Forge one into the other. This way it still stays something "special" that is not tradeable (I don't think Gifts are tradeable in any case normally? Or are some?). And PvE can transform extra Gift of Exploration into Gift of Battle and vice-versa. The numbers would need to be calculated for time spent tho, as I'm pretty sure Gift of Battle is way quicker to get than Gift of Exploration. Edit: And there is the fact that Gift of Battle is repeatable whereas Gift of Exploration is limited, if I'm not mistaken, to 2 per character? (as in, 2 from 100% in core tyria?). So that should prob factor into the calculation, or they should make a repeatable way to get Gift of Exploration too.

Edited by Labjax.2465
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Labjax.2465 said:

Ok how bout this for a brainstorm idea, a way to Mystic Forge one into the other. This way it still stays something "special" that is not tradeable (I don't think Gifts are tradeable in any case normally? Or are some?). And PvE can transform extra Gift of Exploration into Gift of Battle and vice-versa. The numbers would need to be calculated for time spent tho, as I'm pretty sure Gift of Battle is way quicker to get than Gift of Exploration.

You get two GoE for completion.

And by the way the complaints come in, you’d swear GoB takes PvE players 40 hours to complete.  

All I ever see is the map completion in core takes 16 hours.  Split that and poof:  8 hour reward track.  Pretty equal time investment.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

31 minutes ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

You get two GoE for completion.

And by the way the complaints come in, you’d swear GoB takes PvE players 40 hours to complete.  

All I ever see is the map completion in core takes 16 hours.  Split that and poof:  8 hour reward track.  Pretty equal time investment.  

I think we also gotta take into account things like boosters and the chunks you get from daily chests to speed up reward track, and just Gift of Battle being something you can mostly do passively if you follow a commander, whereas Gift of Exploration unless you've memorized all the locations and such, there's quite a bit more active effort involved to get there. Maybe there are easy ways to do Gift of Exploration I'm not aware of, but I've done both at different times and Gift of Battle was definitely way easier to me than Gift of Exploration. That may be my perception more than raw hours though, I dunno.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

New WvW and PvP reward track options in the final chest.  For Central Tyrian, do the 5 tracks, get the five pick the new GoE part from the final chest, and the merge to be one (1)  GoE, same idea for Hot and PoF, except you would actually get the Gift of [Insert Name]..  For GoB in PvE maybe a list of core world events, say 40+, each gives a token, get them all, get a GoB.  The goal should be that if you are getting an item outside of its intended method, it should take about twice as long.

• Sad 1

As long as Anet gives us an alternative to the strike mission requirement for siege turtle, I support a PvE method for the gift of battle - it's only fair!

Every game mode should have an alternative option for everything so we can 'play the want we want' - which is what Anet's motto once was.

Just like I don't expect people to have to play WvW for the gift of battle, I don't expect to be forced into doing a raid-like strike mission (content I absolutely hate, personally), for the siege turtle mount. I'd like an alternative. Heck, I don't care if it's 5k skirmish claim tickets and a whole bunch of WvW stuff, just don't force us all into doing content we don't want to do.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Mungrul.9358 said:

I've done this numerous times now, and it increasingly ticks me off every time I have to get a Gift of Battle.

Why, for items that are ostensibly PvE ones, do I have to do WvW in the first place?

Why can't I just buy the Gift of Battle like I can the other PvP materials that make up the Gift of the Mists?

I think point 1 is the one that annoys me the most, as people who play GW2 for WvW only have been given ways of gaining PvE items without ever having to set foot in the Open World. Yet there's no similar "Track" system for PvE players wanting to get things from WvW.

Note, this isn't about the relative ease of getting the Gift of Battle (with the right boosters, it took me less than a day of concentrated WvW), but more about the fact that I'm being forced to play a mode that I simply don't enjoy, no matter how many times I have to.

I don't do badly in WvW, but I simply find it boring and tedious with no real sense of progression or accomplishment, and as soon as I got my Gift of Battle yesterday, I was outta there.

So ANet, you've given WvWers all the tools they need to completely ignore PvE. Now give PvEers those same tools, so they don't have to play a mode they don't enjoy.

You might complain about people in WvW getting PvE items... Except that most of the legendaries requires you to do PvE kitten, as there's no way to get them from exclusively WvW.

Additionally. The PvP legendary armors and equipment is more time consuming and frustrating to get than the PvE legendaries respectively.

PvE legendary armor for example takes roughly 12 weeks for a full set. Where WvW takes nearly 22 weeks minimum with significantly less rewards in gold and mats to assist, unless they have been playing wvw long enough to quickly max out a reward pips. Even then, the pvp legendary armors have barely made it on the "give a dang" list as they have less visual interest than the PvE counterpart. 

Thats also not considering the elements that can further delay the acquisition of the WvW armor which still needs the gift of battle anyways.

The legendary back piece takes nearly 12 weeks for wvw, where it can be done in a day for pve

Tldr: I think you're fine suffering three days of two hour dives to get your gift of battle.

Edited by Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Yup, same author too probably.

----

You don't need to spend hours in WvW if you just do the dailies. 80 potions =  GoB. 4 hours with max boosters if you want to grind it out.

That's 4 hours too many.  I think I'd rather wipe 50 times on DE meta than set foot in WvW for my Xth GoB.  Doing WvW is like getting invited over to a party and once you get there all the fat-kitten dudes are huddled up in a dark corner, shirtless and slapping each other with wet fish .  It's a cesspool.

Edited by Borked.6824
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Here is my advice: Go play WvW, you will get your GoB by the time Anet even consider the changes and i hope they won't

Everytime this come up is laughable, getting GoB in WvW is honestly only 5% of getting your legendary, while WvW player have to do 95% of PvE to get their, yet they r not complaining, but i DO wonder what if WvW wanted:
Unique legendary weapon and armor skins for WvW?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Zaoda.1653 said:

Just like I don't expect people to have to play WvW for the gift of battle, I don't expect to be forced into doing a raid-like strike mission (content I absolutely hate, personally), for the siege turtle mount. I'd like an alternative. Heck, I don't care if it's 5k skirmish claim tickets and a whole bunch of WvW stuff, just don't force us all into doing content we don't want to do.

You mean you want to use WvW currency for a reward you are unable to  use in WvW?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

You have to do PvE to get things.  Also WvW gives as much stuff in a week, as Drizzlewood does in an hour.  WvW rewards are a bad joke.

WvW also requires constant exp buffs to actually function at a non-horrendous rate.

Edited by Avatara.1042
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I’m so sick of the comments of people complaining about stuff being locked behind different game modes have guild wars 2 players never played an mmo. Best gear in wow is locked behind raids if you don’t raid you can’t get it. If you’ve ever played destiny 2 same thing weapons are locked behind raids and different modes if you aren’t willing to try those modes you can never get that weapon. Even if you don’t like it that’s the way mmo’s have always been. Lost Ark same thing abyss dungeons are the raids in that and best gear is locked behind that mode as well and it has instant wipe mechanics for the whole squad.

Edited by Drekkula.8947
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, patton the great.7126 said:

That's not very legendary of you. You must be a loot bag of the mists before you can be a God of the NPCs in lions arch!

This is the absolute truth. If you can't PvP your not very deserving of a legendary....Mic drop...bring on the excuse train! There is 0 credible argument against this. So it's not your favorite...big deal buttercup. I hate pve map completion yet I've done it well overv6 times, including all of the new maps from all 3 ex packs. Suck it up! It takes literally 4 hours to finish the wvw part then you can head back to your safe space in lions arch. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Drekkula.8947 said:

I’m so sick of the comments of people complaining about stuff being locked behind different game modes have guild wars 2 players never played an mmo. Best gear in wow is locked behind raids if you don’t raid you can’t get it. If you’ve ever played destiny 2 same thing weapons are locked behind raids and different modes if you aren’t willing to try those modes you can never get that weapon. Even if you don’t like it that’s the way mmo’s have always been. Lost Ark same thing abyss dungeons are the raids in that and best gear is locked behind that mode as well and it has instant wipe mechanics for the whole squad.

GW2 has mostly avoided that over its lifetime, largely only locking cosmetics and achievement points in exclusive parts of the game.

There are runes that come from dungeons, and you still have to run the dungeon at least once to get them, but even those you can get by doing reward tracks in pvp and wvw.

Legendary weapons are one exception, requiring you to play in several different parts of the game, but initially they were just cosmetic as well, having the same stats as ascended gear. It's only with increased QoL added to them that they've become more than super flashy skins.

Yes, it's very normal for MMOs to lock things behind specific modes. Some players found a home in GW2, though, specifically because it didn't work like other MMOs.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

On 3/14/2022 at 11:45 AM, Mungrul.9358 said:

I think point 1 is the one that annoys me the most, as people who play GW2 for WvW only have been given ways of gaining PvE items without ever having to set foot in the Open World. Yet there's no similar "Track" system for PvE players wanting to get things from WvW.

So ANet, you've given WvWers all the tools they need to completely ignore PvE. Now give PvEers those same tools, so they don't have to play a mode they don't enjoy.

I do both PvE and WvW. n WvW we can't make a legendary weapon without the Gift of Exploration(Or it's regional variant) in PvE.

This request was made recently(and a lot over the yeas as well) for a GoB in PvE, would only be fair if we can have a GoE in WvW.

Spend a few minutes doing dailies. Big Spender and Master of Monuments, no fighting involved. Guard killer, land claimer, caravan disruptor. All easy to get. The previous dailies all give one potion.  Camp capturer, take 2 camps and get 2 potions.

80 potions ill get a full reward track but you'll also get participation that will lower the requirement from 80.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

On 3/14/2022 at 12:00 PM, Labjax.2465 said:

I think someone once mentioned the idea of reward tracks for open world (for another reason) and I think that might be a nice way to make something like this available. Maybe something like completing events in open world progresses the track and it can be used to get a few extra transmutation charges (like other reward tracks) as well as stuff like this. Might have to be balanced to be a little less rewarding than reward tracks in other game modes, since the point of those is to make up for not getting PvE rewards, but still, might be something of an idea in there.

I like the idea of this! It would be nice to work towards something other than spirit shards haha, perhaps some map exclusive rewards or something like that would be worthwhile

• Like 1
  • Sad 1