Please ADD a DUEL MODE in pve world

If only I could go to an open world zone, reasonably large, with reasonable amount of traffic, with pve gear and duel another player...if only. Be right back, a buddy is waiting to fight me by the flag just north of south camp.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

There's several places you can do this already. I might have missed some, but here's the ones I know of. The Heart of the Mists and Edge of the Mists ones are apparently pretty popular, I'm not sure about the others.

In PvE
Arborstone Arena is available once you've got the 'entertaining' mastery and allows duels between individual players or teams.
Guild Halls also have arenas which allow for 2-3 teams, and can have a bunch of obstacles to make the fight more varied.

In PvP
The Arena in the Heart of the Mists allows free-for-all PvP, but from what I've seen people are pretty good about leaving duellers alone.
Custom Arenas can be set up to allow 1v1 (or any number up to 10v10).

In WvW
The Mists Arena in Edge of the Mists allows 3 teams (unrelated to servers) to fight each other, but I think you can use it with just 2 sides (and just 1 player on each side) as well.
Obsidian Sanctum includes an arena area, but you can only fight players from opposing servers.
Armistice Bastion includes a copy of the EoTM arena. The downside is both players will need the pass to get there.

Guild Halls, the Heart of the Mists, Edge of the Mists, Obsidian Sanctum and Armistice Bastion all allow you to teleport there for free and go back where you were instantly when you want to leave. Anyone who has unlocked Arborstone gets a scroll to teleport there, but you can't teleport back to where you were.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If there's a way to auto-decline duels then sure.  Whatever.

I'm against adding PvP into PvE zones in general as many players simply do not want to get ganked by others when playing the game.  Honestly, pretty much all those asking for PvP to be added to PvE are looking to do just that.  I guess playing with players at their skill level in the game mode dedicated to them is too difficult.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, mythical.6315 said:

If there's a way to auto-decline duels then sure.  Whatever.

I'm against adding PvP into PvE zones in general as many players simply do not want to get ganked by others when playing the game.  Honestly, pretty much all those asking for PvP to be added to PvE are looking to do just that.  I guess playing with players at their skill level in the game mode dedicated to them is too difficult.

Not just a way to autodecline. A system that one must opt into and where one who has not opted in cannot even see the challenge invite.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We have places like PvP and WvW if we want to fight other players. I think the problem with open world dueling would be people like Bercilak. Challenging new payers that they can be 90% sure they'll win against.

Though interested as to why you'd want it left out of  cities. I thought that would be the best place to duel. No hostile NPC is going to join the fight.

Using pve gear in duels has been a problem in other mmos that I uave played but, GW2 has the advantage of having your pvp amulet, rune, and loadout saved. As long as you have those elements set up, the duel could commence using those element.

I am surprised that more peeps aren't down with this idea, I personally want to duel during a Metal Legion concert.

• Confused 1

when i started playing Guildwars2 i was really sad because you could not challange others to a duell in openworld. But the second i learned that there is diffrent balance between PvE/PvP/WvW... it made sense. You kinda have to go to armistice...

Why is there such complicated features being requested? If people just want to randomly duel anywhere for the novelty of it, why not? Make it simple. Have an auto decline for players that don't care.

Everyone seems to assume that it will be as random as randomly being pk'd in the wild from RS, of course it won't be that way. That'd be stupid, however being able to make use of any places for such activity is not something for anyone to be against, it's mindless fun and makes use of content already available.

Only that from the dev perspective with how level scaling work it might cause a great deal of exploits and bugs with the surrounding area and NPC's that can attack players, which probably why it ain't a thing and never will be.

Like Danikat said, it already exist. So the thread don't really have a "reason d'être" outside of pointing out to the OP that what he want already exist.

If he want all area beside cities to allow PvP then no, this shouldn't be a thing. In a game that offer PvE, competitive mini-game, sPvP and large scale PvP, there is no need to have FFA PvP forced onto the PvE areas. If you want to free for all there are dedicated areas, just go there.

Why just that? Dueling gets pretty boring fast. They should add series of "PvP/PvE" maps with decent PvE rewards and slighty more gathering resources. Squads would be disabled on this map.

It is about time we get some replayable solo/party content. Issue with WvW is that any small group just gets outnumbered and ran over as soon as they step near towers, sentries or keeps.

Of course meta events on that map would be outside PvP zone but some of the setup for it could be inside.

It would be just a few maps to cater audience that likes the thrill of PvP possibility while doing PvE. I am sure Anet could make the maps epic and somehow connect with each other.

What I am thinking of is a design where outskirts of the 4 maps are PvE zones and the middle covering about 60% of total area of the 4 maps would be PvP zones. So square within a square.

Edited by Threather.9354
  • Confused 2