ArenaNet Studio Update: June 2022

1 hour ago, Crono.4197 said:

Uhm...next Living World Season? Next Season 1 episode? Why is this update mostly related only to elitist content? Seems like lately you guys are focusing only on that.

It is not related to elitist content. How is it elitist to make raids more accessible? 
Maybe read the whole blog post next time: 

We’ll be back in early to mid-July to share our development roadmap through the end of summer. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, DoctorOverlord.8620 said:

An impressive list of improvements.  Thanks Anet!  My favorites besides the cursor are the bouncy house instance boundaries, finally removing that useless armor damage mechanic, and the concept of an Embolden bonus for raids.

The Embolden bonus is another example of MMO developers looking at systems that encourage players rather than punishing them.  The long tradition of MMOs being designed for masochists has been slowly falling away ever since WoW, and it's good to see it is continuing.

Also tempests being able to provide party alacrity combined with the Strike Mission reward improvements make me think I'll be trying those more often now.  Looking forward to these upcoming changes!  

Also, when a studio listens to their customers an Embolden system would have released WITH Heart of Thorns. This new leadership is on it and I'm here for it. This is only from about a year with the new management ❤️ . Bright future ahead!

• Like 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

I do hope Anet know how to prevent raid buff exploit

Its a great system that encourage people to keep trying if they fail, but i rather have it removed if people exploit it easily

I'm 50/50 on the rewards nerf, i understand why players with buff shouldn't get same rewards but they need to die alot to stack buffs enough to win

Edited by Ultramex.1506
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2

On 6/22/2022 at 2:56 PM, yagiza.5301 said:

Dude, to be honest, I have no idea what you're talking about. Did you read my post? We're talking about GW2. lol.

You can learn how to raid by joining the training groups on LFG. I'm not asking for anyone to make a raid guild? You can literally make your own group on LFG without a raiding guild. The resources are there to learn how to raid, as I said in my post. You keep mentioning how it's "hard," but the point is that it's challenging and REQUIRES effort. Effort to go read a guide, watch a video, or join a training group. If you don't learn by reading a guide or watching a video, obviously joining a training group is your best route to get the experience you need. Like I said, there are plenty of training groups up on LFG for raids. And they're PUGs. I don't think anyone besides you considers proper training groups to be a form of carrying. They're literally training, they don't always get clears.

Where did I say anything like this or imply it? Who said no one wants to teach anyone? Read my post again.

EXP groups are not okay with carrying people who have no idea what they're doing for any time at all. Nor should they have to, as they've explicitly stated EXP. Train in training groups, EXP in EXP groups. Not that hard.

Lets create an auto-LFG and use this ff14 "echo" mechanic (full modern game set), and we automatically wont need the EXP groups help for like...ever !

No need to re-invent the wheel and waste more money !

Spoiler

can you imagine if  raids get a little traction , and they will try to boycot Strikes like the IBS Strikes , with the beloved saying:

"They failed , so we better get back into raids"

Edit: Before that happens , take the 3x new strikes and tailor them to a new mini-raid , with new npcs that tries to find their lost dog/sister

Divide and prosper

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Like 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

All classes in PvE: getting ability to provide alac/quickness to boost their viability and flexibility
Thief: getting stealth / shadow arts boosted, so now you will be more protected while skipping fractals and dungeons with stealth

Spoiler

😰

Spoiler

Edited by daesz.2439
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

I'm looking forward to the update! 

One thing that seems like a missed opportunity is the anvil situation. Some have rightly pointed out that it's yet another buff to manage (but hey it's free, right?) and I had a thought.

What if the anvils were replaced with jade tech batteries? Anet have said that canthan tech would eventually appear in Tyria and then we would finally be able to use our jade bots all over the place. Maybe even mix in some protocol buffs in there, too.

If we're going to add some power creep, let's use the systems we already have!

Happy hunting, Tyrians!

• Like 3

Once again, they have made a few player suggestions come true. I remember a few of these being discussed on the forums.

The continue of the power-creep saga is one way to assign a few of the current problems. Those changes will reduce the pressure from support-professions (boon & heal), which will result in higher average DPS. Those changes may affect the way meta-builds are currently designed. In the long term, they reduce the importance of the concentration/boon-duration stat with this. It is a bit odd to watch this development, knowing they have added gear stats with extra boon-duration not so long ago. Curious where this is going to lead.

Emboldened looks very powerful. I can see speedrunners commit mass-suicide to stack it up for certain encounters inside a wing. I'm curious how it works, but I think those who complain rn, may profit from this even more than the newbies. I hope ANet will allow this kind of utilization. Especially if they decide against touching the loot.

Very nice to read. First patch since EoD launch, I am looking forward to. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

15 hours ago, Mil.3562 said:

I hope for once the presents for each professions are real. There is no 'But' on follow up news. Otherwise, it would be just another lousy tradeoff, like buffing you 5 -10% on certain skills (mostly useless ones) and nerfing you 70%-80% on useful skills essential for an effective builds. Let's see 🤞

It already is like that. The Banner, Spirits and Spotter nerf will be compensated only with some buffs to critical chance. Power and Condi Damage from Banner of Strength? Ferocity from Banner of Discipline? Damage boost from Frost Spirit? Conditions from Sun Spirit? It seems that those won't be compensated in any way.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

- Make a group with 5/7 persons

- Do ./gg 10 times

- Complete a wing FC eatch week.

- Got all achievements without any effort after 7 weeks.

Contratulations for turning raids into a giant meme.

Strike missions was added to introduce players to raids, lets them understand mechanisms and class rotations. Now strikes will be more difficult than real raids ... shame on anet ...

Edited by Slash.9450
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Slash.9450 said:

- Do ./gg 10 times

Any players that would be capable of doing that are already able to do the very same thing (and turn raids into a meme) even without that buff. Nothing's going to change.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Slash.9450 said:

- Do ./gg 10 times

Strike missions was added to introduce players to raids, lets them understand mechanisms and class rotations. Now strikes will be more difficult than real raids ... shame on anet ...

You are not able to get most of the achivements (specially the CM ones that are the important) so i dont understand your point, even though i would have prefered a permanent easy mode on all of them.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Like the post, it's nice to hear what's going on in this exact sort of tone that is both professional and direct to players.
As far as the content most of it is what I was expecting, would have liked the tease to have been about the newer specs. Still a bit nervous for the balancing moving forward, will virts now have 35% w/ fury or is that an inherit 5% bonus somewhere to compensate? As now only having a 5% buff would come across like another defacto nerf 😛

Still thanks for the intel early and the way it was presented, most games simply don't do this. Will wait to see the results 😄

Its funny reading through this, and just wondering how else Anet will continue to ruin their own game. Why were dungoen NPC's locked as well as the currency change? all that was needed was the currency change but instead they went and implemented it in a way no normal person would. Multiple changes now that make no sense besides trying to make people quit this game. 

WvW players were promised one year ago, that we would get alliances. 

And balance patches from Anet, have always been terrible, will they outdo the terribly badly designed Feb 2020 update? Will Warriors finally be removed from the game? Will the classes be so incredibly similar and boring to play? The worst design line I ever saw in my life was " Bring the player not the class". 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

On 6/23/2022 at 10:57 AM, Fragglerock.4965 said:

Having to remember to tap an anvil every 12 hours is perhaps less of a good development!

some people have yet to undertand, that its going to be a enhancement, that competes with other already existing enhancements.

i highly doubt that it will push sharpeningstones and tuning crystals off of the throne....

people act like its going to be free extra stats ontop of what we already have.... and thats just wrong.

12 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

some people have yet to undertand, that its going to be a enhancement, that competes with other already existing enhancements.

i highly doubt that it will push sharpeningstones and tuning crystals off of the throne....

people act like its going to be free extra stats ontop of what we already have.... and thats just wrong.

Are you sure and do you have any quote for this?

I think it is probably a YAB ("yet another buff") that convolutes the buff bar in display/HUD in addition to all other icons/bufs.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, zaswer.5246 said:

So you want a free legendary, also sry but blaming elitism for no doing raids is just... stpid you could just create your own scuad, take those friends of yours and play yourselves, as for learning... you can watch guides and etc so... excuses.

You're kinda proving their point for em.

In general there's a lot of linear thinking in the GW community that alienates people. It's not hard to see.

People who don't like the FF stack style of raiding for example. Anytime one person starts to look for others who prefer it you'll get people going off on rants: "Whats wrong with stacking?" "omg you could just stack and facetank, easy. Why make it harder?" versus just accepting people might want to try the mechanics vs. have good support. 

Go to most groups, sites, and its "must run this build from Snowcrows bc its efficient." Like this is a game people not a career, long as you get X amount of people to do X amount of DPS and don't die, it doesn't matter.

So yeah there's a weird elitism based off doing things the "right" way and its not wrong for them to express it. 

Edited by Voyant.1327
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/22/2022 at 12:34 PM, Rauderi.8706 said:

Quarterly is a good cadence for a road map. I hope they keep it up!  

Game development doesn't move fast enough to justify much more than that. Alliances definitely haven't lol

This.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Voyant.1327 said:

You're kinda proving their point for em.

In general there's a lot of linear thinking in the GW community that alienates people. It's not hard to see.

People who don't like the FF stack style of raiding for example. Anytime one person starts to look for others who prefer it you'll get people going off on rants: "Whats wrong with stacking?" "omg you could just stack and facetank, easy. Why make it harder?" versus just accepting people might want to try the mechanics vs. have good support. 

Go to most groups, sites, and its "must run this build from Snowcrows bc its efficient." Like this is a game people not a career, long as you get X amount of people to do X amount of DPS and don't die, it doesn't matter.

So yeah there's a weird elitism based off doing things the "right" way and its not wrong for them to express it. 

mmmthe thing is... builds arent just for optimisation, most encounters are thoughness based, everyone doing raids has been in one where someone was wearing some self made build were thoughness changed when swapping weapons and thus the boss starts to run amok and everithing turns chaotic.

also stacking is not for facetanking and not doing mechs, yeah some mechs like VG greens can be facetanked but everyone has done greens more than enought, we facetank it because we prefer to do it faster and easyer.

stacking isnt an issue of just facetanking, fury might, protection, healing, alacrity, quickness even swiftness, all buffs and healing a class gives has an aoe that is certainly limited, someone kiting or far from their group wont get any of those boons unless the suport is running behind them, and all bosses arenas have a tiking dmg that can certainly kill if youre not very carefull and are far from the group, you could argue that people can go with more vit, healing and boons themselfs, but when you get lots of stats you end up lacking in all aspects too.

basically someone with a self made self sufficient build not stacking will end up making the others have to worry about him, if he falls people have to rezz him, no buffs or enought health you need a sup to go help him, and also the boss changing target and thus the new guy with a self suficient guy runi g around in panick with a boss behind and putying the raid in risk.

raid comunity might seem elitist but look at it carefully, you have webpages that tell you from the most optimal builds to guides on how to do things, youtuve has tons of videos on bosses, getting an exotic build right now is fairly easy and affordable, and still people cry about elitism because they want to play open world or wvw on raids.

When you play a game mode and someone else tells you, this is the easiest, most common and most simple way to do it, you dont need to worry about theorycrafting, creating a build that is usefull or anything else because were here to give it to you, and still people complain, i could understand if you said " i did 18k and the top dps was 22k and he kept calling me noob and behaving like an idiot" yeah there are people like that, and in wvw they call others pvers and everywere you can find idiots.

But my statement is still valid, you shouldnt complain when others give you an afordable simple and free way to do a raid encounter, if you dont like the vommon ways of doing it you can create an scuad yourself, even without a tag, and do the raid your way, it will be more difficult, youll spend more time per encounter, but its the way you like and you can do it.

Also how much time do you play? some people play 2h or so and want to do their raids in that time, its easyer to do a basic sc composition where people know their job, do decent dmg and just get it done than each time creating new unique groups with strange classes roles, you call it elitism but wouldnt it be more elitist if you meeded to have a full legend pj with tons of diferent builds, compositions, for when noone stacks, for when people do stack, for self healing, for self buffing, for just dmg..... its just too much.

The real problem is that people dont want to google snow crows, spend 20g in a build and then learn an easy rotation like thiefs or necros, they want to go as they are, with an armor where each piece has diferent stats, no 2 same runes, the weapons they like whether they make use of them or not, and when they find groups dont want people that dont make a minimun effort, are a burden to the group, complain when diing, etc etc, they throw a tantrum as if they were slothasor.

easy mode will make those people be able to raid without effort, because the moment a wipe mech that cant be countered with dmg appears they  will die and never go there again, and i dont think an easy mode should reward a legend armor, gold yes, exotics or ascended gear, yeah, but not legendary things.

Its time people stop making excuses for others and for not doing raids, you have the right to not want to use the sc builds, you have the right to run your own scuad the way you want, and its perfectly fine if all you do is go to open world and kill spiders, but DONT say other people are elitist and because of others you cant play your game, when AGAIN you can create your own scuad, look for friends or people that play the same way you do and play how you want.

• Like 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 2

On 6/23/2022 at 12:08 AM, Chichimec.9364 said:

I can understand if they need to nerf balance it in  WvW and PvP but I hope they don't do too much to cripple my PVE mechanist.

Mechanist has a role in PvP and I've played PvE for a first time in years due to the easy going nature of it. In WvW however it's destroyed in seconds, has pathing problems over a battleground and needs the elite to get it back in the game without the really long cd, leaving you a sitting duck due to no toolbelt skills. It can work in small groups and roaming a bit, but clever players take it out or just tank it and come and wallop you.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1