So anet is expanding the access to boons and making everyone more tanky (health and defense free bonus) next update. What's your opnion?

LordHT.8297

Anet has spent years nerfing ANYTHING that slows down boon blobs.  Nerf siege, nerf wall health, nerf winds...hell, they even nerfed participation repairing.  Anet does NOT want people to defend.  They want boon blobs to walk around winning everything, and fighting outnumbered servers and empty buildings.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, iKeostuKen.2738 said:

It just benefits the team with more players even more and just gives a +1 to bobbing. Gonna wait for the full patch notes but my expectations for how good the outcome of this will be is just pathetically low.

They trying to push out roamers and solo players for years, so it doesnt even surprise me anymore. W/e ill just adapt as always and find my ways to make my kills anyway,bring it.

Edited by Caedmon.6798
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Tiagoht.7549 said:

Is anyone happy with the boom blobing meta getting this giant incentive?

34 minutes ago, iKeostuKen.2738 said:

It just benefits the team with more players even more and just gives a +1 to bobbing.

Combining the two is gonna be a whole lot of boom bobbing then.

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

43 minutes ago, bigmouse.2163 said:

I doubt the anvil buff will be very big at all or have much effect on gameplay. It'll mostly be yet another thing in our overcrowded buff bar, making it so we can't see if our food is on or not.

Combine it with perma prot blobs 

• Like 2

Ya know, the most fun we had in wvw in recent times is either no downstate or when the Strength runes were bugged and you could actually dps in wvw. 

The worst part about wvw is how long people take to die, and boon balling blobs. Anet's response? make people Tankier and hand out boons like candy. Remember when you actually had to dodge attacks or play the game well? hahaha. 

Repairing? defence? Why on Earth would you want to do that? Play how Anet wants you to play and just blob in a giant nameless boon ball as a three way running between keeps, how dare you play otherwise, that's not Anet's "vision" for the "cornerstone game mode". 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

The anvil thing I hate.

The boons thing, when I think about it, it'll prob just mean more classes are viable for meta squad play. I don't think it will make anything worse (people still have to choose 1 class/build at a time and play it effectively), but I can see how if someone really hates blob play, it may feel like an affirmation of that.

Edit: Also, what the change is reminding me of is how WvW should probably be another mode that has separate changes. I'm sure they don't want to do that because of the extra work to take on, but it sure seems like the boons change is primarily made with PvE end-game in mind. Which could be its own thing if abilities were tuned separately from WvW.

It may well be that they don't explicitly love blob play themselves, but that in tuning classes over time to better support organized group play in PvE, they are inadvertently creating and reinforcing that as the meta in WvW.

Edited by Labjax.2465
  • Like 2

Noboby will use the Anvil buff, except a few people, because people are lazy.

More boons doesnt matter. We already have everything perma. Cant be more perma.

More Crit Chance from traits doesnt matter because most people dont care about overstacking crit chance anyway.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

This is pretty much as expected, a pve patch with WvW as a slight afterthought. Until they actually focus on changing WvW, there is no chance of any change.

The only real positive will be that every class has a boon support build meaning squads should really be willing to accept every class which is nice but ultimately they "solved" the boon spam issue by allowing everyone to spam boons, which is pretty much like throwing more trains at a trainwreck. Still it may convince more casual players to join in WvW for more zerging since they don't have to worry as much as being the wrong class though naturally the biggest supports will always dominate.

What if you don't zerg? Well, kitten. Anet doesn't really know of your existence.

The effects on small scale will probably be very annoying.  I'm sure some of you have already seen those 3 supports +1 damage groups that pretty much win by boring people to death. With these changes it will be even harder to deal with them without your own, which will naturally snowball into even more people doing it.

This will even be worse for the non-fight havoc and defend types because they may just be completely useless in these contexts. They will probably bring even more siege or numbers to break these groups or learn to pvdoor even harder.

The best way to adapt will be just to BYOB (bring your own boonball). You will have to adapt builds to such.

And as for solo roamers? Well, you're screwed. Granted, if you still have the guts to solo roam in this day and age you probably have an iron will and none of this is news.  Expect to see solo roamers resort to even more stealth/disengage in order to stand any chance against the above.

What can I say? If you can't beat them, join them.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

It is a terrible decision and will allow certain builds to have less of a downside that needed that downside to function within the meta.

It is what a small toddler would perhaps do given the job, with an inability to fully comprehend game balance.

So I basically expected it to eventually appear in the patch notes.