Summer road map is now available

Alright...
- Living World Episodes:
Really looking forward to these. I've been there when they first released and I have fond memories of these events and so far, the re-releases have been good. Not too long and they took into account old achievements while also bringing them back for players who weren't around at the time. All in all, re-releasing this content in an improved fashion was a good idea.
- World Boss Improvements:
Again, sounds like a great idea and I'm looking forward to seeing what they've come up with. We're still talking about starter bosses, so I don't expect them to get too hard but if the Fire Elemental actually gets to do something, it's definitely an imropvement.
- Raid Reward Changes:
Another good one I guess. I have raids on autopilot at this point, my static clears all wings and does the CM-weekly achi on a regular basis, so this change won't affect me a lot. Making Insights a currency is a great change though. They stack up at some point, because after crafting the armors, there's not much use for them.
- Mistlock INstability Updates:
I've given up on fractals years ago. Will listen to what others say and maybe try them again.
- Festival of the Four Winds:
After doing these festivals for years now, motivation to get invested in them is really low I realized last Dragon Bash. I'll do the dailies maybe, will do hat needs to be done for skins I might like and will do the Annual stuff but probably not more.
- Kralkatorrik Legendary Variants:
Haven't done an Aurene Leggy so far but sure, had to happen some time so why not now. By the time I get to craft an Aurene Leggy, probably all variants will be released.
- Balance Update:
Tough topic right now. We'll see what will happen. I hope Warrior and Ele will be fixed.
- 10-Year Anniversary:
Really looking forward to this one. I hope there will be a Sale, some Skins and rewards for long term players, maybe a few events with the devs or something. It's 10-YEARS! They have to do something big to celebrate this great game that's been through quite a lot.
- World versus World Restructuring Beta:
I'm still very hyped about alliances and can't wait for ANet to dothis. But the fact that this bullet point didn't even make it to the summary right under the graphic of bullet points makes me worry a bit. Please don't forget this "cornerstone game mode" ANetM8s.
- Suprises:
Unless proven wrong this means Gemstore stuff.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Svarty.8019 said:

WvW officially abandoned. Gg everybody, can't say we didn't try.

Let this be a lesson to all of us: Never EVER sell your soul to NCSoft.

I mean, all you WvW players do is complain everytime Anet dares touch WvW so I wouldn't blame them for not wanting to update it anymore.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 15

6 hours ago, Gajex.2386 said:

No more 500 LI groups for Shiverpeak strike \[T]/ ...gotta find something else to keep t͍̟̜̜̬̠̱͖͊̍͐̑͝h̼̘͈̥̺̗̻̆ͫ̑͞e̯̯̰͂͝ ̗͕̬̩̯̅̂̽̑͞u͉̭̦̰͌͌́n̢̠͈̪̭͍̫̙ͣ̇̇̚w̌̋͏̹̗̜̜o̶͍̗͚ͮ͌͒̉r̷̙͎ͧ̿͑ṱ̷̘̙̀͑͒͋h̝̪͓̘̰̿͘y̬̲̦̗̼̞̭͔ͮ̋͡ out.

Really looking forward to this the most. Not going to expect much, but maybe... Maybe.

Do not worry it will be 500 bone skinner vials or 50-100 dhuum decos instead

• Like 4
  • Haha 9

4 minutes ago, Caliboom.3218 said:

I mean, all you WvW players do is complain everytime Anet dares touch WvW so I wouldn't blame them for not wanting to update it anymore.

Every time there is a PvE update there are more complaints than all WvW updates combined.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

So is it just me that looks at the image and then see this:

• July 19—Living World Season 1 Episode 3, World Boss Improvements, Raid Reward Changes, and Mistlock Instabilities Update
  • August 2—Festival of the Four Winds, Kralkatorrik Legendary Weapon Skin Variants, Balance Update
  • August 23—Guild Wars 2 10-Year Anniversary
  • September 13—Living World Season 1 Episode 4

They go from the first pictured update to the second update, to the fourth update, then back to the first update.

The third update is WvW and they cannot mention it in the text. 

Because of course.

Edit: In fact looking closer they included PART of the third update clumped together with the second update - "balance update". WvW is left out. BECAUSE OF COURSE.

The intern just forgot to clip out the text from the picture.  Easy mistake.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

23 minutes ago, Caliboom.3218 said:

Yep.  You are correct.  We are just all whiners and complainers.  

What would happen on this forum if:

- An expansion was announce to be released next year.

- 6 months from now they put out a detailed design of what it will focus on

-  then radio silence for two years

-  then random talk about what they were working on

- toss in a 4 hour beta of it, followed up by 2 more 1 week long betas.  

-  then they go an polish up GW1

-  Come back 6 months later and state ‘well, there is this bug that has existed since the game was released and because of this bug, you won’t get any more betas until it’s fixed

- Tell you nothing of the bugs status then release two more roadmaps talking about upcoming betas then…. Nothing

-  yeah..  the forum would explode.

- stay in your lane.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 11
  • Confused 4

12 minutes ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

Yep.  You are correct.  We are just all whiners and complainers.  

What would happen on this forum if:

- An expansion was announce to be released next year.

- 6 months from now they put out a detailed design of what it will focus on

-  then radio silence for two years

-  then random talk about what they were working on

- toss in a 4 hour beta of it, followed up by 2 more 1 week long betas.  

-  then they go an polish up GW1

-  Come back 6 months later and state ‘well, there is this bug that has existed since the game was released and because of this bug, you won’t get any more betas until it’s fixed

- Tell you nothing of the bugs status then release two more roadmaps talking about upcoming betas then…. Nothing

-  yeah..  the forum would explode.

- stay in your lane.

+1, I can smell the roast from here.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Shadamehr.1284 said:

Terrible news, very disappointing. Makes it very hard to convince guildies to come over from an unmentionable endless gear grind treadmill MMO behemoth if GW2 isn't going to have regular new story content updates.

Just a reminder ...

There was a 10 month new story content drought between the end of the Icebrood Saga and the launch of End of Dragons.

Living World 4 launched just ***TWO*** months after the release of Path of Fire

There is still no sign of any new story content for GW2 since EoD's release, no sign at all of Living World 6, till  the end of September and beyond.

I'd hate to see this game to end up like a SWTOR, a content starved MMO that had a mere 3 content updates over 28 months between expansions.

They are doing the refurbished Living World 1 releases though. That is something. It may feel like nothing to people who were here for LW1 originally, idk. I would certainly understand if it does feel that way. But for those of us who weren't there to experience it, it technically is new content, just out of order.

I would be more concerned if they weren't releasing anything story-related at all, but they technically are, even if it's old for some people and it is arguably a very important thing to get in the game and finished so that when they do steam release, people new to the game will no longer have to jump from end of personal story to season 2.

I think if the steam release comes and it flops, that may be time to be concerned. But until then, I'm not real worried about the content pace. Their main concern right now appears to be going back and making the game more polished, even if some of such efforts feel like misses to me. And that's something this game has been needing more attention to for forever. As long as they don't go the SWTOR route and make the game unrecognizable in an effort to streamline and modernize it, we should be ok. But hopefully they learned enough from the NPE back in the day to not be too heavy-handed all at once.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, mythical.6315 said:

Yeah but everyone stacks and attacks its right claw just as they did before. The only thing that has changed is that players need to once or twice go and destroy the crystals.

Mechanics don’t mean anything if they can be ignored completely. 

Like I said, it was changed, but it wasn't very effective. It does take longer and deals more damage to that stacking area than before, but not significantly after people figured out the new mechanics (and that they can just shift where they stacked from right on top of the claw to right next to the claw with a bit of range).

7 hours ago, mythical.6315 said:

I  don’t believe that balancing in regards to level is a thing as everyone gets scaled down unless you’re actually referring to core specs vs elite specs instead. 

Oh it definitely is more than just elite specs. Scaling down affects many things, but it does not affect:

1. How many stats gear affect (e.g., 3-stat combos and 4-stat combos still affect 3 and 4 stats even if scaled down to a level where only 1 or 2 stat combos exist).

2. The ratio increase that higher gear rarity affects (e.g., rare gear still scales down to be rare gear, and you'll get more stats than if you wear masterwork either at level or scaled down)

3. Traits and skill slots (and elite specializations) that normally wouldn't exist - so a lvl 80 has full access to skills, while a llv 55 doesn't.

Even excluding elite specs and expansion/lw stat combos, a full core lvl 80 player has a big advantage over a lvl 55 player at Shatterer or equal downscale section. Higher stats due to exotic/ascended gear, more stats affected due to 3/4-stat combos, and access to that third trait line.

If you balance for low levels, you're guaranteeing that it'll be a cakewalk for lvl 80s, especially a mob of them. ArenaNet said they did this because they wanted to keep some world bosses for low levels while Triple Trouble and Tequatl can remain for high level players (although I'm sure even lvl 50s can handle Tequatl).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Shadamehr.1284 said:

Terrible news, very disappointing. Makes it very hard to convince guildies to come over from an unmentionable endless gear grind treadmill MMO behemoth if GW2 isn't going to have regular new story content updates.

Just a reminder ...

There was a 10 month new story content drought between the end of the Icebrood Saga and the launch of End of Dragons.

Living World 4 launched just ***TWO*** months after the release of Path of Fire

There is still no sign of any new story content for GW2 since EoD's release, no sign at all of Living World 6, till  the end of September and beyond.

I'd hate to see this game to end up like a SWTOR, a content starved MMO that had a mere 3 content updates over 28 months between expansions.

In regards to the bold: that's not true. ArenaNet already confirmed both a "new Canthan map" and expansion 4 are being developed. They're just not being released before Season 1 Return does (most likely, for all we know they can release alongside or even before Episode 5; that's just unlikely). Because despite people claiming otherwise, Season 1 Return does technically count as new content, as new content is being developed for the releases and they have to rebuild some of it from scrap.

Path of Fire was an oddity in ANet development and honestly, Season 4 releasing so soon after was not only possible because they had a team working on it while PoF was being in development during Season 3 (the same teams that did S3 did S4 in the same structure), but it was a bad choice - draining players from PoF so quickly meant that people didn't bother playing it as much, giving it a dead game feel 2 months after launch. I'm glad they didn't force S6 (or whatever comes after) so quickly.

Keep in mind that while Path of Fire had a perfect 2 months before and after the surrounding LW seasons, it was not only the same storyline, but Heart of Thorns had an 8 month gap both before and after its release.

6 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

So is it just me that looks at the image and then see this:

• July 19—Living World Season 1 Episode 3, World Boss Improvements, Raid Reward Changes, and Mistlock Instabilities Update
  • August 2—Festival of the Four Winds, Kralkatorrik Legendary Weapon Skin Variants, Balance Update
  • August 23—Guild Wars 2 10-Year Anniversary
  • September 13—Living World Season 1 Episode 4

They go from the first pictured update to the second update, to the fourth update, then back to the first update.

The third update is WvW and they cannot mention it in the text. 

Because of course.

Edit: In fact looking closer they included PART of the third update clumped together with the second update - "balance update". WvW is left out. BECAUSE OF COURSE.

The picture is the what is coming out. The list is when they come out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I'm honestly fine with the them rereleasing old story because I started playing in 2015 so, when I did the first act of the HoT story on my Guardian/Dragonhunter, I thought that was Braham's first appearance. I got where he was coming from though, even if the Norn can't play the 'My parent(s) was famous so, you have to respect me!' card. And I understood how somebody could wander where him and Rox came from.

I'm also fine with them rebalancing the old world bosses since the base game should be giving ideas on what to expect. I still think they need to fine tune the new content because I fail to see the sense in making everybody weak yet leaving the Canthan hero challenges with elites. Not only do some of them need to be defeated, not every class has their own minion to just throw at the enemy.

Of course, my criticism wouldn't be complete, if I didn't mention how often I needed strangers to step in. Still, I am incredibly grateful if I don't say it because I come back after 4 months to see people going out of their way to be selfish. (Did you conviently forgot about the group gameplay?)

One more thing: I'm looking forward to the Festival of the Four Winds. Not only am I kind of bad doing holiday gameplay, I love how much gold you can make from the Quartz Crystals. (Hey, it helps when you can't just beg for mats!)

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

While removing Terror Toppler and making the rewards for that progressively earned instead of an absolute reward is a good beginning it needs further revising. Some CMs simply require more effort than others, for example, CM Cairn and MO requires a lot less effort than CM Samarog and Daimos yet they give the same rewards.

I would suggest that CM

- Samerog

- Daiemos

- Dhuum

- Qadim

- Cardinal Adina

- Qadim the Peerless

Had an additional reward of 3g, 15 Magmetite Shards, 3 Provisioner's Marks, 1-2 Glob of Ectoplasm, and an Exotic instead of

2g, 10 Magmetite Shards, 2 Provisioner's Marks, and an Exotic as they require a higher effort than CM

- Keep Construct

- Cairn.

- Mursaat Overseer

- Soulless Horror

- Amalgamated Construct

- Twin Largos

- Cardinal Sabir

Edited by Malus.2184