Opinions on upcoming "Cuddly Cat" Jade Bot Skin?

On 7/15/2022 at 4:04 AM, Ashantara.8731 said:

You can preview it here: https://cdn.ncwest.com/cms/hkbagbfc/gw2-eod-primemtx-header-1.gif

The GW2 newsletter mentions that this skin will be released later in the month.

What are your opinions?

Personally, I am not into kitschy, cutesy, furry stuff. But most importantly, I would prefer to finally see some good looking Golem skins for the ugly Mechs rather than Jade Bot skins.

Pointless they spend all those resources on a jadebot when Rangers, Necro and Engis have been screaming for years for new skins for the class Pets and turrets yet they reskin a jadebot that you only see at best for 5 secs in game.. 👎

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 2

On 7/15/2022 at 4:45 AM, Danikat.8537 said:

Some people bought mail carriers, and we only see those for a couple of seconds, before they started making new skins a lot of people hadn't even noticed the default pigeon.

Mail carriers can be seen by everyone whereas the jade bot is only seen by the player.  If it were seen by all, the skins make more sense to me.  /shrug

15 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

Yeah.  I bought it.  😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

Discussed that with a few people so far. If you compare it to similar other custom skins like for example mail-carriers, the jade bots have very little screen-time. When do you see them?

- Upon interacting with Offensive/Defensive consoles and batteries
- When using a remote-control, which is not possible in most maps and only for certain events/hearts/story-instances
- When using any of the mastery-abilities

Aside from the remote-control, you only have very short animations. The Jade Bot is also not very big.

Curious how much they are going to charge for these skins. I hope it would not be much more than for a good mail-carrier/stomp.

Would I buy it?
Definitely NOT, it looks like copy/pasted straight from FFXIV. If they bring up other skins and offer a mastery/gizmo, which allows me to use the remote-control in open world, I would probably buy one sooner or later. 

• Thanks 1

I don't even see the Jade Bot so seems like a waste of ducats.

Actually mistook it for Jade Mech for a meowment and was like 'we get skins for it and they pick that?' and was kinda scared XD

On 7/14/2022 at 2:51 PM, Nine Inch Snails.7963 said:

Jade Bots are really only viewable by the player when active and not by other players.  If someone wants to spend money on that then fine.  It's like mail carriers that are also only really seen by the user. 

Others see mail carriers when you send mail and when they receive them from you. I've startled people with the Gift Box one when it explodes on them randomly. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Doggie.3184 said:

Others see mail carriers when you send mail and when they receive them from you. I've startled people with the Gift Box one when it explodes on them randomly. 

Maybe my point wasn't clear.  Yes, mail carriers are seen by other players, so having different skins for those makes more sense than having different skins for a bot which only the player him/herself sees.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

This kitten near give me a heart attack before it clicked it's a bot skin..

I thought this was a mechanist mech skin for a moment..

Phew, just a bot skin thank god lol

Yeah it's not something i'd buy but since the bot isn't on screen constantly I really don't care if people wanna buy a silly skin like this for it.

Now if mecahnist wanna run around with big plushy cat mechs that shoot rainbows at enemies and make creepy uwu sounds... then yeeeaaaah I absolutely want the option to disable other peoples skins on my screen XD

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

I'm getting severe Tera PTSD flashbacks with all their terrible immersion breaking skins. Not a fan, and I won't be buying it.

If they gave us a toy golem jade bot skin or even a toxic spore jade bot skin I would be all for it, but I'm not gonna support them going down this rabbit hole. Make skins that actually fit the world, please.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Walle.6045 said:

Not sure why they don't just turn the jade bot into a mini that follows you.

That'd just be disgusting, especially with the new skin the released.

If they did that, Arenanet ought to finally give us the option to hide all minis, including the ones of other players.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

As a closure, just the newest image from the latest newsletter: https://cdn.ncwest.com/cms/gjzervn4/gw2-flying-cat-jade-bot-v3-thumb.gif

I hope the next skin will be fitting the style of Tyria better (not a fan of plush mounts, either, but hey, apparently there is an audience for this kind of kitsch and "cuteness").

6 hours ago, Walle.6045 said:

Please NO! 😄 Then we could actually see that thing all the time. 🥴

Edited by Ashantara.8731

1 hour ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

As a closure, just the newest image from the latest newsletter: https://cdn.ncwest.com/cms/gjzervn4/gw2-flying-cat-jade-bot-v3-thumb.gif

I hope the next skin will be fitting the style of Tyria better (not a fan of plush mounts, either, but hey, apparently there is an audience for this kind of kitsch and "cuteness").

Please NO! 😄 Then we could actually see that thing all the time. 🥴

I would love to see chonky kitty all the time.

One man's trash, is another mans treasure 🤗

Edited by Julischka Bean.7491
Did not comment like I wanted to...yes, more coffee needed!
  • Confused 1

The skin is too expensive. While mounts are big ... the high cost seems okay. (Still not buying anything there.) The mail carriers cost a lot less - and are small. Bot is seen a bit more often as the mail carrier. Still small. 800-1200 at max would be okay.

As for the looks: I like cats. But this one looks too "cringe". I would have expected a holographic looking cat or something ... maybe.

Trying to avoid buying cosmestics in general though. The only stuff I bought/buy: Unbreakable gathering tools ... and now the bank/storage slots and maybe some bag slots and build template slots. There is enough good looking stuff for free - which I actually prefer. Goes for most things but especially for the armor and weapons.

Edited by Luthan.5236

14 hours ago, Walle.6045 said:

It just seems like a wasted mastery 

They said they didn’t want to put more load on the game with swarms of them to render. They currently work like skill effects for that reason.

On 7/14/2022 at 8:50 PM, Freya.9075 said:

It will be amazing with the magical outfit, weapons and pegagriffon 🦄 my male norn welcomes it with open arms

This is the target audience right here. For every 1 of us that thinks it doesn't fit in the game and shouldn't be in there.........there's 1000 of these guys.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/14/2022 at 7:04 PM, Ashantara.8731 said:

You can preview it here: https://cdn.ncwest.com/cms/hkbagbfc/gw2-eod-primemtx-header-1.gif

The GW2 newsletter mentions that this skin will be released later in the month.

What are your opinions?

Personally, I am not into kitschy, cutesy, furry stuff. But most importantly, I would prefer to finally see some good looking Golem skins for the ugly Mechs rather than Jade Bot skins.

Yay! More rubbish for rich players to buy. Cough up them dollars so I don't have to.

At least nobody else can see them this time. Now if only that were the case for all the plush/adventure box mounts. And all the minis.

• Haha 1