Kaineng needs like 1,500 additional NPCs to feel even remotely alive.

You guys need to do to NK what you did to Lion's Arch and Divinity's Reach when the game launched: fill it with NPCs that move and interact with each other so the kitten thing feels alive.

As it is right now, it's a pretty depressing place - with too many reused patterns and assets by the way. 

• Like 35
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

Already done, didn't you see all the sci-fi hologram fish?

Hard to see until they right up on my face

Beside putting in more NPCs, they need to rework the lighting in this city to make it more vibrant, night Kaineng is bland and disapponting 

• Like 3

They just need to consult whoever worked on Divinity's Reach and Amnoon. And if it was the same people, then idk what to say. Those places don't have 1500 NPCs walking around, yet they still capture an ambient vibe that Kaineng lacks. And if Kaineng is supposed to be somewhat abandoned because of issues with bots sending people indoors to hide (can only guess if that's the intention) there should be more ambient indications of that being a thing if that is the intent.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Its too big and too ugly..

They had a perfect opportunity to blow it up in the story and redo it but mai saved everyone which was a shame imo.

57 minutes ago, Labjax.2465 said:

They just need to consult whoever worked on Divinity's Reach and Amnoon. And if it was the same people, then idk what to say. Those places don't have 1500 NPCs walking around, yet they still capture an ambient vibe that Kaineng lacks. And if Kaineng is supposed to be somewhat abandoned because of issues with bots sending people indoors to hide (can only guess if that's the intention) there should be more ambient indications of that being a thing if that is the intent.

Rata Sum was the best made city..

Edited by Dante.1508
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Ultramex.1506 said:

Hard to see until they right up on my face

Beside putting in more NPCs, they need to rework the lighting in this city to make it more vibrant, night Kaineng is bland and disapponting 

I personally prefer the "bland" lights. Guild Wars 2 is a fantasy game and all the concept arts of New Kaineng City and the expectations people had just makes it pure sci-fi cyberpunk feeling and that was jarring.

In fact, the current Kaineng already feels jarring to the rest of the game, with its handwaved-styled modern technology of "because jadetech".

• Like 11
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

I could write paragraphs on this and I have before. I agree, it needs more npcs, more ambience, more utilised spaces, more events, more activities, more city life.

..., more dirt and more pack animals, as seen in the artwork (that is also featured as the loading screen).

The current version of Kaineng feels sterile and empty.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

I personally prefer the "bland" lights. Guild Wars 2 is a fantasy game and all the concept arts of New Kaineng City and the expectations people had just makes it pure sci-fi cyberpunk feeling and that was jarring.

In fact, the current Kaineng already feels jarring to the rest of the game, with its handwaved-styled modern technology of "because jadetech".

Eh i expect better, and since its only 1 map in many, jadetech map aint so bad

• Like 1

They should rework EoD as a whole or destroy it altogether. The maps are dead, the few NPCs we come accross all sound annoyed and annoying, probably from overexposure to that awful jade green everywhere -and irl medias for some reason.

And it's probably time they step back a little from the needlessly big, needlessly complex and vertical maps. HoT was vertical but clearly with a lot of thought going into it, Kaineng makes absolutely no sense, even less as a city. I know they're doing this because of mounts but it's made in a terrible way and doesn't make the maps more interesting or fun to explore and play in.

I wonder if "fun" is still part of what they're looking to provide for this game anyway.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, vanfrano.1325 said:

They should rework EoD as a whole or destroy it altogether. The maps are dead, the few NPCs we come accross all sound annoyed and annoying, probably from overexposure to that awful jade green everywhere -and irl medias for some reason.

Good use of resources.. (sarcasm)

A little tweaking yes, but total rework, no. I prefer they work on something new and better and learn from feedback rather than redo EoD. It still looks great on soo many things. 

30 minutes ago, mythical.6315 said:

Like 100 spread out across the city doing actual activities would suffice. 

It has soo many layers that i think you wouldnt even notice. A mount race, or certain activities would draw more players i guess. So that in combination with 100 new npc's on "hotspots" would do a lot of good. 

I don't think so. It is a regular map  ... with a bit city as main them. (Instead of a city map - with no mobs and stuff - like LA.) Compared to old GW1 the maps already feel a lot more lively lol. I mean the "cities" and settlements in old GW1 basically had nothing in them. Just the services NPCs + a few more for quest or some dialogue.

In Kaineng there already are a lot of events. If they want to make it more lively ... allow for more players there - and more/longer (and more interesting) event chains - with NPCs - ... besides the boring meta.

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Confused 2

Right? They had so much time to work on the expansion and they didn’t even populate the main city. Almost no NPCs, no players outside of even times so it is basically like here - there’s the new cantha map , btw - check out the real cash shop for orbiting fish skin!

Edited by Mik.3401
  • Like 6