Expansion: Pre-Order, Wail Till Launch to Purchase or Not Purchasing

Expansion: Pre-Order, Wail Till Launch to Purchase or Not Purchasing  

399 members have voted

1. 1. Expansion: Pre-Order, Wail Till Launch to Purchase or Not Purchasing

• I am Pre-Ordering.
    • I am waiting till launch to see if the expansion is good.
    • I am not purchasing.

As of what we know now: Not purchasing.

Having my 6 piece rune bonus torn away and being given a solitary relic selection box to account for all armor sets across all characters? And that's on top of the nerfs? And they want me to pay for the privilege?

No thanks, I will remain on haitus. The only upside is that I didn't manage to convince my friend group to try GW2, otherwise I'd feel awful right now.

4 minutes ago, jokke.6239 said:

Majority not buying?

Yeah I don't buy that for a second 🤪

Votes from people actively on the forums right now, likely due to unhappiness with nerfs and/or expansion changes, so not unsurprising. Also, only 10 votes thus far.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 2

Despite some questionable decisions as of late with homogenising professions and the Gyala content, I will be preordering. I hope they remove the relics system completely, but the rest all sounds fine. I'm not getting bitten with hopes, but it's more content and it is inexpensive - especially sicne I've not given them money since EoD dropped.

I'm not really thinking of it as an expansion though. I don't think that feels quite right for this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

I'm kind of undecided. EoD was just last year, so my fear is that Living World is just getting rebranded. Because I hold an expansion to a higher standard than a normal living world episode, and I hold Living World episodes to a higher standard to what we've been getting since Champions.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Westenev.5289 said:

I'm kind of undecided. EoD was just last year, so my fear is that Living World is just getting rebranded. Because I hold an expansion to a higher standard than a normal living world episode, and I hold Living World episodes to a higher standard to what we've been getting since Champions.

Essentially it is. What we are getting appears to be comparable to Icebrood Saga (minus Champions) with less maps and a single hub area (the Tower), but mostly all delivered upfront and the launch content being self contained.  Traditional expacs in the vein we got are gone. living World Seasons in the vein we got are also gone. This is new and it's somewhere between both in terms of delivery.

Edited by Randulf.7614
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Xainou.1502 said:

I'm happy to purchase as soon as this balance mess is resolved. The expansion itself looks nice.

This. The expansion doesn't look all that bad, to be honest, and normally i'd be very interested, but recent communication issues and balance mess somehow killed my enthusiasm. And i really have no idea why [/sarcasm]

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 5
  • Confused 2

29th Shared inv slot great, already got what I can get from the expansion (kidding, I also want the new skyscale mastery and core-weapons 🙂) . Waiting for the next expansion (next year?) to get my 30th 🙂

Edited by Dayra.7405

I haven't done it yet (I've barely been home since it was announced) but I think I'm going to pre-purchase it.

The main thing I want from an expansion to almost any game is more places to explore, and we're getting that. Importantly it's also somewhere completely new, not a return to an area from GW1, which makes it more exciting for me.

I'm not in any rush because there's no real difference between pre-purchasing right away and doing it closer to the release date, so I'm going to wait until after the beta weekend. But I've played this game through a lot of balance and system changes and always found some way to make it work (same with other games that get balance changes) so I can't seriously imagine they'll do anything which will put me off.

• Like 6

The expansion looks really good overall and I'd like to buy and play. But with the current balance patch, which asked for player feedback and then swiftly ignored it, I'll stay away and play something else.

Really sad to see how devs turn an annoying situation into a terrible one despite everyone telling them how kitten the changes are. Don't ask for feedback if you just flat out ignore it anyway.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

Definitely not pre-purchasing, there's very few people (and no company) I would give a zero-interest loan to in general.
Especially not when performance is declining.

And since I personally don't enjoy the direction the game is taking in terms of monetization, content quality and class variety / balancing, I'm just holding until the final "I quit" moment.

• Like 7
  • Confused 6

Not gonna pre-order. Wouldn't do that even if they hadn't just trashed one of my favorite builds in the entire lifetime of the game. So, I'll wait and see what they do -- or don't do -- next. Still haven't bought EoD for my alt account. Or that Strider medium armor for my main account. Someday. Maybe.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Tachenon.5270 said:

Not gonna pre-order. Wouldn't do that even if they hadn't just trashed one of my favorite builds in the entire lifetime of the game. So, I'll wait and see what they do -- or don't do -- next. Still haven't bought EoD for my alt account. Or that Strider medium armor for my main account. Someday. Maybe.

Let me guess, scourge? 😄

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1