[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

I'm trying to do all the events in SotO maps for mastery points (just got the game a few days ago). Unfortunately, it's not easy to get people to come for most group events, especially when it's not during peak hours. This is only going to get worse since once people are done with their mastery points, there's no point in doing the map events any more.

Why not add some essences to all SotO events? Even if the amount of essences don't compare to rifts, adding some essences as rewards to events should help to keep them relevant.

Edited by BlueJin.4127
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Brave Mallyki.1563 said:

I would like to see an update/overhaul of this item to include all of the meta events the game has.

It has the metas for HoT...that's what it's designed for.  As cool as it would be to have one for all the metas, that would be a LOT.  I would welcome one for each expansion, but there's the wiki event timer *shrug*

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Farohna.6247 said:

It has the metas for HoT...that's what it's designed for.  As cool as it would be to have one for all the metas, that would be a LOT.  I would welcome one for each expansion, but there's the wiki event timer *shrug*

Then people would ask for Anet to combine them anyway, like they've already asked for with the various portal tomes.

58 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Then people would ask for Anet to combine them anyway, like they've already asked for with the various portal tomes.

Yeh I had the same thought....they definitely would.  I would love to have the tomes in one big volume but frankly they're fine as they are, and I don't mind the current portal devices.

FYI, when you guys paste text in, please do right-click > paste as plain text. Otherwise, when using the black background, it is a blinding blob of white, which I typically just scroll right past.

I have no issue with titles being added, but haven't displayed a title on any character for probably 8 years, so obviously didn't even notice that no title was given.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Allow us to place mount skills in the weapon skill slot we choose, just like with utility skills. Also, make it so that mount abilities (Mount Ability 1 and Mount Ability 2) use the same hot keys as the weapon skill slots they're on (instead of their own separate hot keys) to prevent bugs.

I want to move "Mount Ability 1" (Skyscale's Dash, for example) from skill slot 5 to skill slot 2, and just use the same key as "Weapon Skill 2."

I want to move "Mount Ability 2" (Skyscale's Descend, for example) from slot 4 to slot 3, and just use the same key as "Weapon Skill 3."

I want to move extra mount attacks (Skyscale's Fireball, for example) from slot 2 to slot 4, and just use the same key as "Weapon Skill 4."

Considering mount abilities 1 and 2 are the most commonly used abilities, it makes no sense to put them in slots 5 and 4, respectively. Skills like Skyscale's Fireball are niche abilities that are not used nearly as often so I want to move them to slot 4 (or 5). Currently, I cannot just assign Skyscale's Fireball to key 4 since that would also affect my weapon skills.

Also, mount abilities using their own hot keys can create bugs and interfere with weapon abilities. For example, I set my "Mount Ability 1" to key 2 (I use C and V for utility skills). Since the Skyscale's Fireball is on weapon skill slot 2, this conflicts with my custom key bindings.

EDIT: While at it, this would be the perfect opportunity to let us swap weapon skills 2~5 as well.

Edited by BlueJin.4127
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, BlueJin.4127 said:

Allow us to place mount skills in the weapon skill slot we choose, just like with utility skills. Also, make it so that mount abilities (Mount Ability 1 and Mount Ability 2) use the same hot keys as the weapon skill slots they're on (instead of their own separate hot keys) to prevent bugs.

I want to move "Mount Ability 1" (Skyscale's Dash, for example) from skill slot 5 to skill slot 2, and just use the same key as "Weapon Skill 2."

I want to move "Mount Ability 2" (Skyscale's Descend, for example) from slot 4 to slot 3, and just use the same key as "Weapon Skill 3."

I want to move extra mount attacks (Skyscale's Fireball, for example) from slot 2 to slot 4, and just use the same key as "Weapon Skill 4."

Considering mount abilities 1 and 2 are the most commonly used abilities, it makes no sense to put them in slots 5 and 4, respectively. Skills like Skyscale's Fireball are niche abilities that are not used nearly as often so I want to move them to slot 4 (or 5). Currently, I cannot just assign Skyscale's Fireball to key 4 since that would also affect my weapon skills.

Also, mount abilities using their own hot keys can create bugs and interfere with weapon abilities. For example, I set my "Mount Ability 1" to key 2 (I use C and V for utility skills). Since the Skyscale's Fireball is on weapon skill slot 2, this conflicts with my custom key bindings.

You can already re-map Mount Ability 1 and Mount Ability 2 to whatever keys you want. They could certainly add "Mount Ability 3" and "Mount Ability 4"  to the options menu, but that is not exactly what you are asking for.

Unless I miss read, you want the ability to change the layout shown at the bottom of the HUD, list like numbers 6-0....The problem comes in as all the mounts use the same action keys, and the SkyScale has more action/abilities than other mounts

Skyscale has 4 skills
Griffon, Skimmer, and Beatle have 3 skills
The other 5 mounts have 2 skills each

The only way what you are proposing would work would be if they gave each mount their own custom customizable set, which means not just allowing 4 abilities to be re-mapped across 5 slots.... but to have 45 customizable options added (5 slots and 9 mounts).

It is also worth noting that #6 is always your heal skill, and #0 is always your elite skill, while #7-#9 are build skills... This same layout essentially carries over to mounts too... but it is not like you can move your weapons to 6-0, or move your heal to say #2

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

On 8/25/2023 at 7:01 PM, Sky.3460 said:

For those of us who have been playing since the beginning, those "birthday" titles are one of the main motivators to continue playing.

Perhaps for you. A title that requires no effort beyond buying the game/creating an account 11 years ago...perhaps not logging in again until now is largely meaningless to me, despite the fact that I too have been here since the beginning. A title based on what date you bought the game seems silly to me.

Edited by Ashen.2907
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Still no material storage for Baubles / Bauble Bubbles when the majority of other holiday currencies have mat storage slots.

Essences of Luck having their own mat storage would be nice too, honestly.

Endless Dolphin/Koi/Shark tonics deserve to be in the novelty tab. The PoF Music Boxes could also become novelties as well to save on bank space.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

1. Give us options to customise our mechs with side quests to get parts, such as mech wings for them to hover; paint, so we can change their colours; and different sets of armour/body shapes, such as spiky/studded shoulders and so on.

It's really even annoying that you sometimes see around 5 to 10 mechs in one place and there's no difference between them. No uniqueness. No originality.

Come on. I thought the game's alias was Fashion Wars. I'm not feeling it.

If you don't wanna do it for free in a side quest; add it to gem store. 

As long as it's not expensive, I'll gladly buy mech parts from it.

I just want my mech wings, for it to hover and have flames coming off its feet.

2. Why are there not new mounts in SotO?

I was so looking fowards to my Siege Devourers, and able to use it in WvW.

Still waiting for it and Siege turtle to be added to WvW.

3. Please. For the love of the 6 Gods, The eternal Alchemy, The pale tree, and the spirits of the wild... and even steel; can you do something about the lag in huge maps such as: Amnytas, Verdant Brink, basically all of Canthan, and now even Silverwastes ( Which didn't use to lag for ages).?

I feel indignation that I cannot play in those maps without it looking like a slideshow from the 1920's. FPS are like 000.01.

Extremely hard to control... ending down the chasm a lot of times and unable to regain height and having to respawn.

Thank you.

Edited by SoulGuardian.6203
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Could you please mark teleporters location on New Kaineng map? Why do we have them there if they are so hard to find?

Also, i quite often got stuck as a passenger on a skiff when the skiff owner got into  a combat/got attacked. Pls make it possible to leave someone's skiff during combat.

And, can u make the seagulls in Lion's Arch a tad quieter? This may be petty, but I (and probs a chunk of people here) live in a place where seagulls noises are far too frequent and loud. And their voices are so squeaky! Too high pitched to be likeable after a while... Just a TAD quieter or less frequent, so i dont have to play with sound setting every time i visit and leave LA.

Thank you!

Edited by Avelione.6075
  • Like 1

This came to me in a dream last night. Actually, it was in that semi-lucid semi-waking state one sometimes enters after one's cat emits a tremendously raucous 'get up and feed me you lazy bum!'  at 3 AM kind of meow. Anyway.

New tier of armor/weapons/trinkets. Absurdium gear! As with Legendary gear, you pick the stats, but NOT from the pre-existing attribute combos! Instead, you get an allotments of stat points you can distribute to any combination of stats. Like, say, 147 points. Put em all in one stat! Split em between two! Etc. In whatever ratio you desire. Of course attaining gear this absurd should be absurdly easy and casual, so it should only take like 10,001 of every gather-able material in the game that must be acquired by equally absurd gathering tools (earned by gathering 100,001 of every gather-able material the old fashioned way for each gathering tool, with the count starting when one unlocks the associated achievement or whatever) and you can only make one piece of Absurdium gear every two years. That should make it easily attainable by even the most casual hyper-casual player at some point within their lifespan. So. You're welcome!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Could we get an update to the Gobbler devices that make them all work using the menu system in order to get them to consume from material storage?
Star of Gratitude, Princess, Mawdrey II, Herta and things like the Shards of Glory Convertor all require the consumable items to be in your inventory.

Versus the way the Gleam of Sentience works, which is much nicer because you can just do it from anywhere, rather than always need to grab everything from material storage. It almost feels pointless that Gleam of Sentience lets you do it from anywhere if the other ones don't work that way.

Edited by hellsqueen.3045
  • Sad 1