Art Issues: Characters, Weapons, Armor - [Merged]

On 3/17/2022 at 5:00 AM, firedragon.8953 said:

Isle of Reflection center crystal has strange flickering visual bug. Changing texture quality, etc., does not seem to resolve the issue. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bmlbR1jfAA

That is a lighting/shadows issue that is part of the DX11 bug list. You encounter it in several spots across Tyria, and it will likely never be fixed, just like all the other DX11 display issues. 😒

• Confused 3

The latest 2 released armor skins, leather strap and brawlers, do not scale their breast size with your characters. They have a "one size fits all". This is completely game ruining for a lot of players.

We pick the breast size for our characters on the character creator because this is the size we want to see our character in at all times in all armor. These two new skins are the only ones to not obey this rule.

Our characters breast sizes are important, and a big part of our customization and roleplay for our characters we create. This hurts immersion immensely when armor changes our characters looks we worked so hard on to make perfect(to our minds).

Please consider fixing this game ruining bug for these two armor skins(that look amazing, btw! keep making cute armor like this!) and in the future don't let this bug continue to happen.

Edited by Shiyo.3578
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

• Shiyo.3578 changed the title to New armor skins breast scaling issues

Which character/s have you seen this on?

I don't think I'd done more than briefly preview it on any characters with breasts before but I just did a side-by-side comparison of the Leather Straps on 3 of my female characters and it seems ok to me. The sylvari has the smallest possible body type, the norn has the biggest and the human is somewhere in between but slightly on the skinny side, on all 3 it looks consistent with what they normally wear. https://i.imgur.com/0avO6rD.jpg

Since I accidentally applied it on my norn here's a bonus in-world comparision: https://i.imgur.com/jAtjPn3.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

That is a lighting/shadows issue that is part of the DX11 bug list. You encounter it in several spots across Tyria, and it will likely never be fixed, just like all the other DX11 display issues.

I should probably update and say that I no longer have this issue since complete migration/implementation of DX11. Sorry to hear you still have this visual bug; it's definitely annoying.

59 minutes ago, firedragon.8953 said:

I should probably update and say that I no longer have this issue since complete migration/implementation of DX11. Sorry to hear you still have this visual bug; it's definitely annoying.

Yeah, I don't have the one in the Guild Hall, either, but there are still enough visual bugs that persist.

• Confused 3

8 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

Which character/s have you seen this on?

My human females, it's immediately noticable.

The two newest armor skins greatly decrease the size of their breasts and it's borderline unplayable.

Edited by Shiyo.3578
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

Hi there!

There is an issue with the right forearm/wrist of Charr males as Revenants, holding a greatsword. The twist of the whole forearm is not progressive like it should be, it all happens at the wrist, hence making it shrink in volume and give extreme twists for the armors. Here are some views with different armors/gloves!

Idle position (this is fine)

Twist - 1st view

Twist - 2nd view

With Chaos Gloves - 1st view

With Chaos Gloves - 2nd view (notice the clipping, that's because the wrist shrunk in volume)

With armor (left arm = OK, stripes are almost straight like it should be)

With armor (right arm = jagged lines)

Edited by Riyujin.5938
Removed duplicate link

8 hours ago, vares.8457 said:

wtf! I really don’t want to know what kind of role play you are doing. 

The roleplay your character fulfills, not roleplaying itself.

You create a character that has x sized breasts, and it fits her looks and personality for her "roleplay", but then you buy a skin and it ruins her looks and thus her personality.

Only the new two armor skins(brawlers and leather strap) do this, other ones scale to your breast size.

Your character having different body shape depending on the armor they are wearing is immersion breaking and ruins the game for a lot of people.

• Confused 1

I wish that you can add weapon in Tempest's overload Air and overload Earth like you did with Water and Fire. I wish that I can hold that weapon in the air (like Thor) while overloading Air or point my weapon while overloading Earth.  

Edited by Ragnarox.9601

Item - Antitoxin Gloves (s1-e4 reward)

Description/issue - (Visual bug) The model and texture is missing whenever character loads. Happens both in the character selection and when joining a map. Switching the visibility of the gloves on/off fixes the issue until character model needs to load somewhere else again. I've transmuted the gloves, so it's the skin that's the issue here.

It looks like this: https://imgur.com/a/W2W56gU

Old bug occured again that changes color slots on armorwhen changing from one equipment slot to the other.
The saved equipment takes over the colors of the previous used in several color slots.
Very annoying that you always need to recolor your armor after swapping your stuff over equipment slots.

Here's a video from it:

https://i.gyazo.com/c28ec95c3663a55c8f165e66ac2f0346.mp4

Edited by Klein Meme.2460