Hi Anette.

Dear Anette,Ever since we first met on the fatal day in Queensdale, I have had a strange obsession with you. I couldn't take my eyes off your dresses and the dyes you used to color them. I thought you cared for me deeply when we "stopped a bandit operation" together. Our $60 date has become a nearly $1,000 gamble! 8 years strong, but I am warning you, my eyes have started to stray. Your new-found chair collecting obsession has me confused! And the ways you ask me to 'mount up' are getting really odd. Maybe you are ready to move on. Should we see other people? "Just give me one reason to stay here!"-Eric (Ph.D. in WvW, Masters in PvP, and Bachelor's of the Arts in PvE)

Maybe you should have realised a long time ago, that Anette never had any personal interest in you, all she ever wanted was your money. She appreciates everything you offered her and will do so when you decide to stay.

She also disagrees with some things you say. She is more a provider, but you are responsable for your own actions. Just the fact that Anette provides chairs to sit on, doesnt mean you should collect them. You can, and last of all, Anette would think bad about you, but it is not up to her to decide what to collect or not to collect. Same goes with gambling. she never forced you to gamble any bucks. She appreciates the money, but it has always up to you.

@Rasimir.6239 said:

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:Is there an Anette in Queensdale? I tried googling that name and nothing came up.I suspect it's more like A.Net(
te
).

Oh. Probably. I thought s/he was talking about one of the NFC’s with unique dresses that players keep asking for when s/he said ”I couldn't take my eyes off your dresses and the dyes you used to color them.” but ANet makes sense too.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:Is there an Anette in Queensdale? I tried googling that name and nothing came up.I suspect it's more like A.Net(
te
).

Oh. Probably. I thought s/he was talking about one of the NFC’s with unique dresses that players keep asking for when s/he said
”I couldn't take my eyes off your dresses and the dyes you used to color them.”
but ANet makes sense too.

Pretty obvious he's talking about game itself to me :D

@serialkicker.5274 said:

te
).

Oh. Probably. I thought s/he was talking about one of the NFC’s with unique dresses that players keep asking for when s/he said

Cool.

The first responses showed that not everyone did.

te
).

Cool.

I thought people are playing along, so I was a bit surprised. But it matters not. OP vented a little I guess and gave me a chuckle at least.

te
).

Cool.

Yeah I think it's basically a cute re-word of the typical complaints about the gem store. Although I'm not sure what exactly the problem is because the OP seems to be both upset that they're feeling pressured to spend too much money and saying they don't like a lot of the newer items. But stripping out the fictional scenario I think it comes down to "I paid $60 for this game, I'm not happy with how much I've spent since and not happy with the items currently available to buy and unless this changes I'm planning on quitting the game."

I would have thought those two cancel each other out and therefore solve the problem - if you don't like what's in the gem store surely you don't feel any desire to buy it and therefore aren't spending as much money on it. But I may have missed something in the subtext and round-about way of saying it.

@Danikat.8537 said:

te
).

Cool.

Yeah I think it's basically a cute re-word of the typical complaints about the gem store. Although I'm not sure what exactly the problem is because the OP seems to be both upset that they're feeling pressured to spend too much money and saying they don't like a lot of the newer items. But stripping out the fictional scenario I think it comes down to "I paid $60 for this game, I'm not happy with how much I've spent since and not happy with the items currently available to buy and unless this changes I'm planning on quitting the game."

I would have thought those two cancel each other out and therefore solve the problem - if you don't like what's in the gem store surely you don't feel any desire to buy it and therefore aren't spending as much money on it. But I may have missed something in the subtext and round-about way of saying it.

I read it as he spent thousand so far, which could very well mean he spent it all couple of years back (he does claim relationship lasting 8 years, even though game is that old yet), but now he's not happy with new stuff on gemstore and the way game is going.Can't say I'm completely fine with everything on gemstore myself (not a fan of wings and the amount of shiny stuff lately in game, but that's not exclusive to just gem store), but it is what it is. It's just my wish they wouldn't go that way, but ultimately it's up to devs and what people want to buy. I do know of people who are deeply bothered with this, a lot more than me, and it's a big turnoff for them, so much that they stopped playing the game.

You been friendzoned dude, I know what are you talking about. It' all up to you now.I personally looked around and meet 2 others that could offer what Anette can't/ don't want to.But still like spending time with my friend A.Net(te).

te
).

He's talking about Outfits, Dyes and Chairs in the BLTP. The gambling remark is about Chests. So you're up to speed.

@"Truth.5279" said:Dear Anette,Ever since we first met on the fatal day in Queensdale, I have had a strange obsession with you. I couldn't take my eyes off your dresses and the dyes you used to color them. I thought you cared for me deeply when we "stopped a bandit operation" together. Our $60 date has become a nearly $1,000 gamble! 8 years strong, but I am warning you, my eyes have started to stray. Your new-found chair collecting obsession has me confused! And the ways you ask me to 'mount up' are getting really odd. Maybe you are ready to move on. Should we see other people? "Just give me one reason to stay here!"-Eric (Ph.D. in WvW, Masters in PvP, and Bachelor's of the Arts in PvE)

Your Ph.D in WvW should have given you enough reason whether to stay or not. Also, you should have gone for Bachelor's of Science in PvE -- much much better RoI.