Which biome is your favourite in Guild Wars 2?

Small towns and surrounding farms/rural areas that have no, or relatively low pop of hostiles: Claypool, Beetletun, Ascalon Settlement, Wizards Fief. Not really a biome, but I like to chill in them, or do the few events around them. They bring me back to the "From Rags" part of an RPG, in contrast to the " To Riches" heroic part, that you get plenty of in the rest of the game. They are a nice contrast to the rest of the world which are usually over the top hostile war-torn zones, and packed with aggressive mobs. I.e. basically every (new) level 80 zone, exept for the small area around a Waypoint (and even then you can get pestered by mobs).

I am a great fan of Anets World design, but I always found it a pity that after the initial newbie grounds, there are basically no areas in the higher level zones that are actually peaceful. I mean , I can understand it from a pure gaming viewpoint but still.

This is one of the reasons that I LOVE the Skyscale: finally I can now take in and enjoy some of the scenery of high level zones, without having to fight off mobs every few seconds(or flee to Mistlock Sanctuary for some rest).

@Tyncale.1629 said:...This is one of the reasons that I LOVE the Skyscale: finally I can now take in and enjoy some of the scenery of high level zones, without having to fight off mobs every few seconds(or flee to Mistlock Sanctuary for some rest).

agreed, am so tired of getting pestered by mobs everywhere when am just trying to mine something or open a chest...

Jungle, plus I love the complex design of the HoT maps! I also enjoy exploring hidden caverns and finding whole areas accessed underwater. But speaking purely of ecosystem (and not specific map design), I like forests, from Caledon to the Maguuma Jungle to the coniferous Bitterfrost. I’m less a fan of more open empty maps, but it’s great to have a variety! :)

Ascalon, the ruins and the forest. I wish it was bigger forest but I like how it looks. Too bad some branded stuff ruins some of the maps. Snow maps are also great, since I love snow. But somehow again the branded stuff ruins tunderhead peaks for me. Also a very irritating map to move in.

HoT maps look just awesome but not my favorite to play in.

Favorite biome is a classic high fantasy sort of dense, green forest. The classic stuff (inspired by European forests I guess?), there isn’t anything quite like it in game. None of the forests are big enough or dense enough, but I do love Kryta a lot because I can get that particular fantasy feeling from it anyway due to soundtrack, architecture, etc. but my second favorite is icy mountains, snowy forests and frozen lakes. Represented very well by the shiverpeaks, and bitterfrost frontier the best of all. I really hope the far shiverpeaks is more like that!

@Celldrax.2849 said:Snow environments have always been a favourite of mine in video games. Thunderhead Peaks probably has some of the comfiest looking scenery in GW2.

Yes. Frozen landscapes were my favorite for the longest time and are still a very close second to Orr. The desert maps of PoF are a solid third for me.

Hmm, I guess I am just fond of desolate wild places.