Why don't you sPvP?

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@Puma.3645 said:who really wants to keep capping spots on 6+ yr old maps?plus you get queued up with people who have a potato for brains.

I ALSO don't like the fact that any new player can come in a ranked arena on their level 1 elementalist, with no clue how to play..

No they can't. You need to reach rank 20 before you can queue for ranked.

Actually, you can. Once you reach rank 20 with one character, you can join ranked PvP with another character of rank 1. If you wish to make your legendary backpack, you are forced to play with every profession, meaning rank 1 every time, learning from scratch every time, and being carried every time while you try to learn each new profession.

What in the heck are you talking about? If you're rank 20 you're rank 20.

He's wrong and right. You can hit Rank 20 on one class and when you play on another class you can be utter trash at it.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"LolLookAtMyAP.8394" said:

@Puma.3645 said:who really wants to keep capping spots on 6+ yr old maps?plus you get queued up with people who have a potato for brains.

I ALSO don't like the fact that any new player can come in a ranked arena on their level 1 elementalist, with no clue how to play..

No they can't. You need to reach rank 20 before you can queue for ranked.

Actually, you can. Once you reach rank 20 with one character, you can join ranked PvP with another character of rank 1. If you wish to make your legendary backpack, you are forced to play with every profession, meaning rank 1 every time, learning from scratch every time, and being carried every time while you try to learn each new profession.

What in the heck are you talking about? If you're rank 20 you're rank 20.

He's wrong and right. You can hit Rank 20 on one class and when you play on another class you can be utter trash at it.

If you're brand new at the game odds are you're trash even at rank 20.

Divisions and tiers are there to break up skilled players from less skilled players. I don't see a problem.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

@"Burnfall.9573" said:(
Guild Wars Is The First And Last Guild Wars
)

(While nothing happens to turn the game around into a healthy competitive learning-effort Fun game, Guild Wars sends out its regard to all players alike that it cares for you and still remains unmoved and Irreplaceable.

Come join us in Guild Wars
where healthy competition matters and your time-learning-efforts experiences are valued and are rewarded

A recent video and a good one.

I'm shocked.

/slow claps

+1

Many of us are enjoying this legend and are continuiously gaining increasingly new players and returning player's.

As i stated above, thus is the only Guild Wars and the last Guild Wars.

We encourage everyone to take a look :)

(Guild Wars till rhis day continues to prove itselfas what Guild Wars stand for÷ The Players. Giving the players full healthy competitive challenge with hard work skill learning experience which results in Fun)

Where Toxicity find its security in Guild Wars 2,

Toxicity is closely monitored in Guild Wars and has no place un its balancing

@Burnfall.9573 said:Where Toxicity find its security in Guild Wars 2,

Toxicity is closely monitored in Guild Wars and has no place un its balancing

Small games tend to be more civil just because people know each other better. But on the flipside, if there was actually any toxicity, you could monitor it all you like but there'd be nothing you could do about it.

I PvP occasionally. But usually only to get used to a build or class before coming back to WvW after a long break.

GW2's version of PvP never clicked with me. Get bored with it pretty quickly. Which is a shame, because I love GW2's gameplay mechanics, so it should be great for PvP.

I think PvP in GW2 would be more fun with larger group sizes and new maps.

I quit playing over a year ago. The imbalance of matchmaking more than anything was the last straw. It never got better. Instead of having many close matches, the vast majority were blow out wins or blow out losses. Your rating is at the merci of other players and then they use that rating to try and make matches. I don't get why they don't change that system as it has never worked and will never work.

As long as Anet leaves the underpinning of matchmaking the way it is, it'll forever decline in participation.

@"Seera.5916" said:I don't have a desire to learn my class enough to be good at it and I respect other people's time enough to not play it anyway. Because my lack of knowledge of my class would hurt my team.

I wouldn't worry about that. The system uses that to adjust your rating. By hurting your team, you tend to lose more often than you win, which drops your rating until that is no longer true, at which point you aren't really hurting your team but just playing at whatever level is appropriate for you.

Those players you "hurt" along the way are in the same boat. If they are truly better than their current rating at any given time, then with enough matches played they'll win more often than they lose and move up in rating.

So, don't sweat it. Just play if you want to play and have fun! Besides, PvP could use more people and you'll get better over time!

Any PvP game/mode is just salt and whining. I have no desire to be around people like that. It's also why I don't get into the raid scene.

GW2 doesn't have enough game modes for PvP, so the meta revolves around caps or hyper-fast kills, neither of which is interesting. The moment any sort of complicated mechanics show up, the dwellers will cry "get your PvE out of my game mode!" and proceed to hate-bomb it.

So, mostly, the people are kitten. /shrug

• Only ONE PvP game mode (5v5 capture points).
  • Persistent, game-breaking balance issues take far too long to address.
  • As a result of the above, the PvP population is too small, resulting in poor matchmaking and an ultimately unrewarding experience.

If you don't support it, it will die. This pretty much sums up the problem with GW2 in every game mode except open world/story content, at which I feel the game excels. PvP, WvW, and instanced PvE content are a disappointment. The base is there for a top tier MMO, but a lack of support and poor design decisions continue to spoil it for me.

Why don't we spvp? Simple. They have butchered spvp LONG ago with the class changes and nerfing some map mechanics to suck the fun out of them completely. I think the last time I played pvp was in 2014 when it was still fun. Dungeons were fun and rewarding back then too. No wonder so many have left this game completely after 2015

• 2 weeks later...

@Blocki.4931 said:I can't be bothered to learn the maps. I prefer the simple gameplay of WvW, where I just have to kill an enemy, not worry about what the rest of my team is doing or whether or not a point is capped or not, because that simply comes afterwards.

Yeah, learning maps is tough.I hate learning maps. :sI too like to run around killing whoever I see with a red tag.It's easier that way.

Why worry about a team mate? It's all for one!

There is no 'I' in team but there is a ME, AMIRITE!?!? =) ;) :p :#

It's too fast. Or rather, I'm too slow. I have no idea what's going on. Everybody basically just bursts out their stuff and hopes for the best. Seems lame.
I'm also not into being insulted.
Also, there seems to be about 1 viable strategy for any given map or any given profession. That seems lame, too.

@Hannelore.8153 said:Because its like playing Quake 3: Team Arena with worse presentation and everyone has permanent Quad Damage.

Or that lamers mode where every has infinity BFG with quad to catch....minor skill need just rush rush with mediocre awereness to get less times killed.

But I think damage isn’t much off the grid, imo the issue is the visual clutter and the aoe/cleave spam to make game more simple to bad and casual players.

Because it's boring. A system that still has the same problems as any other multiplayer.Some classes are just superior to others and no amount of skill can advert that. All you can do is just play the same shit and hope someone is as demented as you to basically play a very long stalemate.Or you just get your ass handed to you because you're not insane.

@bladezero.9470 said:Why don't you sPvP?That's a question to my liking: straight to the point.

I don't PvP, because I don't win often enough. A fair matchmaking makes PvP players win 50% of their matches. That's a too low success rate. Too frustrating for me. I want to always win, and this is (almost) possible with PvE.I don't feel a challenge playing PvP. I don't feel a challenge to combat other players. I feel no different when I win against a human than when I win against the computer. It's always avatar against avatar.

And there is something special I don't like about being defeated in PvP: Usually, it's not only that you are simply defeated, you are humiliated in addition. A human winner often dances over your dead body or shows some kind of victory animation - this is humiliating. This is not sportsmanlike. You don't do such a thing in real life. There would be an outcry if you humiliate the losing party this way in real life. That game developers ignore this and even integrate finishing moves into their games actually makes me despise this game mode.

I occasionally play it for a day or two, and I have a lot of fun.

But I'm not very good at it. Mostly because I just dislike optimizing my build. I like playing builds that are fun and have cool lskills in them that I enjoy using, and I'm not really willing to give them up for passive buff skills that optimize my DPS or whatever.

So I mostly get beat a lot, and it's still fun, but after a couple of days it gets boring and I go back to PvE.

@bladezero.9470 said:Hi guys,

I wanted to post my question here since it is basically the same 12 people in the PvP forum.

Why don't you sPvP?

I can't think of anything more rewarding for end game than GW2 pvp and it is a shame that so many of you opt out. Just curious. Thanks for your input.

I was always more into RvR than I was instanced pvp sessions. That being said If it was more like guild battles, or alliance battles from guild wars 1 Id probs be down to go in and do it. I just dislike how it was implemented in this game; So it's just not for me I guess. ( That and the hacks are out of control.)