Piece together YOUR dream skyscale...

The most profitable Skyscale skin would be the original skyscale skin, made invisible, then made re-visible in relief/"negative space" with auras and particle effects. Profitable because it would take Anet no time to create it, and it would sell like crazy in the gemstore.

I would like an ascended Aurene Skyscale mount skin, and an unascended Aurene Skyscale mount skin. Both shouldn't be that hard for Anet to produce. Dragon Lieutenant skins and Elder Dragon skins would be nice, but probably much harder for Anet to create.

I would suggest one Skyscale skin, but it should be done for all mounts: That would be Ley-Line Anomaly mount skins. I would buy a super-set of Ley-line Anomaly mount skins, if it included Skyscale, Beetle and Warclaw. That would be my first big gemstore purchase in a long time.

@"Randulf.7614" said:

We all want it, just admit it inside yourself

I've been saying this is a way to print money since griffons, then skyscales came out...

My other absurdity is, if Hummingbirds are skimmers, that can now fly underwater... (Think about that for a second) Why not a Bumblebee skyscale?

And a couple other ideas I'll just note here...Roller Beetles: Quaggan in a Hampster Ball, Mad King's Pumpkin for Mad King, or a floating skull inside a clear ball like the bowling ball in Mystery Men.

@Teratus.2859 said:

@"Game of Bones.8975" said:Destroyer-basedSmokes and shows magma between the joints

Can kinda get that effect with the Branded Skin.I've done this theme with the entire set of them ^^

uqaoHlN.jpg

If you want to see what the others look like I shared them in a thread I made a little over a year ago.

oh, I'm not the only one,I like you!

I have a destroyer themed character, dyed branded mounts, using hellfire armour to look destroyery, until I saved up enough for that ember infusion.Am still waiting for the destroyer wings to be released with normal destroyer colours instead of that nauseating green

A high tech/fantasy asura vehicle, with animated vtol thrusters (no flapping mechanisms please), some kind of intangibility/shield effect for the dodge (but flat boost, no spin), and immediate deconstruction on attack (can still prime the ground fire field with a delayed "detonation"/effect).

Wall attachment can be via some grappling mechanism that deploys on contact with a cliff etc, and can then charge/boost up the cliff face.

Construction/deconstruction similar to how the dynamics exo suit glider works - visual fabrication of an energy field, and similarly when "dismounting".

Failing that I'd be happy with a more peaceful Skimmer style design, if it had to be organic - just anything without the excessive wing flapping which is the one thing I don't like about any of the skyscales.

Ok.Head:Slightly longer snout. Big nostrils and wider mouth with plenty of small sharp teeth.Two major long horns at the top of tge skull and a row of smaller ones in both sides and center of the skull that will follow all the way down to the tail.

Behind the ears, a membrane like spiky skin comes out.

Round reptilians eyes with a boney eyebrow protective cape.

Body:Chunky muscular body with side muscular legs, which would be velociraptor like from the knee down and a spike in each joint.

Wings:Wyvern like wings with a climbing hook on each of the half way joints.Wings have bat webbing in between bones, and on the main bone have small curvy razor like bones.

Tail:Is long with a round hammer/mace like end.Spike bones on top and sides, finishing with a spiky make like end of tail.

Generally scales prodominate the top, but a soft bellow with rubbery skin.

Head:Pterodactyl shaped skull, but smaller. No horns.

Wings:Attached to the body from the shoulders to the tail!

Body:The walking limbs would be normal skyscale limbs, to avoid having to add unique animations. The wings wouldn't attach to these limbs. Very unlike the pterodactyl, but spares a lot of work. The wings would be attached across the entire upper body instead.

Tail:The wings would be attached to this too. This would make up for the hind limbs not being part of the wings. The tail could be cut short if the curl ruins the wing appearance. A thinner tail would be preferred.

Design Hurdle:The only design issue I'd have would be the player character's legs. They'd need to be riding it bareback with legs dangling. Hard to saddle something with such huge wings!

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, Kiki.9450 said:

I'd like one that looks like Kralkatorrik. No, not the branded skyscale, I mean Kralky, miniaturized, and with a saddle on his back. Bonus points for custom branded breath visual effect.

Or Shatterer! kitten ANet could make so much cash on it, and they wouldn't even have to bother with comming up with something new.

• Like 2