YO meta guess bois.

Leonidrex.5649

@Shao.7236 said:In order of use, this is my assumption upon what people will prefer playing based on the changes and complains.

Core:

• Thief
  • Elementalist
  • Ranger
  • Warrior
  • Guardian
  • Mesmer
  • Necromancer
  • Revenant
  • Engineer

HoT:

• Daredevil
  • Tempest
  • Reaper
  • Dragonhunter
  • Berserker
  • Scrapper
  • Herald
  • Chronomancer
  • Druid

PoF:

• Spellbreaker
  • Firebrand
  • Weaver
  • Soulbeast
  • Holosmith
  • Mirage
  • Deadeye
  • Renegade
  • Scourge

It's a clear fact that despite the complexity of the game, people want little to do with combo's or difficulty and just want the most control with easy wins, so those are the order of professions that I think reaches that simplicity in the next patch.

is that up or down increasing complexity per expac?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most likely Core Mes and Thief will go on strong, but they are gonna have the go through at least 2 bursting rounds to kill anyone.

FB, Herald will still be strong because ANET DIDN'T NERF BOONS. Boons which are an extremely broken aspect of the game are still not nerfed.Nerf output all yu want, Boons themselves are a problem.

Engineer. We may see more Core Engis because they love them bombs. Holos will still be strong, in fact, they may switch to using Zephyr and get Superspeed to stick better, relying on Elixir for Stability instead.

Rifle Warrior of all forms may see play for a little bit, but slowly go back to the classic GS + Axe/Shield.Rest in pieces hammer.

Ele. OHHHHHH BOI.Weaver of all kinds will either be forced to slot more Stunbreaks, or play better, using their kit with more precision.ToF nerfed hard but people will still use it because it is a Stunbreak + anti pressure baked into it. Too strong for too long. Nerf was really needed.They should have just kept CD the same but remove the charge tbh. No one stated that Stances must have multiple charges. I mean look at Warrior Stances. Powerful, decently long CD. Not spammable.

God bless Obsidian Flesh nerf, stupid FA builds of any kind which uses them are obnoxious af.

Fire Weaver needs to play better or drop a skill for Stunbreak. This will break their flow for sure. Not to mention heavy Condi stack nerfs.

Personally am hyped for :

Shiro, and Devastation in general.

I think the new Battle Scars look interesting, and I kinda always wanted Shiro-Rev to be aggressive to sustain combat, so this new Battle Scars could aid in that aspect, forcing players to hit their Sword Autos for Vuln stacks to keep healing.

This could open up new Sigil combos too, where a Defensive Rev build could instead run Sigil of Frailty.

I can't wait to try building a Shiro-Jalis Core Rev which deals alot of Siphon damage.

@"mortrialus.3062" said:Thief and Daredevil look poised to be really strong. Right now SP Daredevil and DP Core Thief are really bad. DP Core Thief is particularly degenerate. And while SP got some nerfs that'll cull some of their numbers, what makes DP Shadow Arts good didn't get touched at all, and if SP dies there's always SD. Larcenous strike, SD's bread and butter, didn't get touched.

Necromancer and maybe Reaper look poised to be really strong. I think in a world where all damage goes does, shroud becomes massively more useful as a tool.

Warrior and Spellbreaker still look poised to be really strong. Just don't even think about equipping a hammer.

Power Mesmer will still be strong but I think it'll loathe how strong thieves will be. I think most mesmers will move to power core if the Mirage change goes through.

I think Fire Weaver is dead. Just taken out back behind a shed and put down. It's remaining parts butchered and fed to unsuspecting school children at the school cafeteria who greedily devoured Friday "Sloppy Joe". And to be honest, I don't know what'll replace it.

Had condition mirage not gotten the 50 endurance trade off, I think it would be one of the strongest builds still. Like I think there might be some potential for it to be workable? But I think condi mirage is probably dead.

Still digesting the changes for Guardian, Rev, Engineer, and Ranger. But those first five I definitely stood out to me.

How core power mes with worse mobility, no stun, less shatter dmg, no mantra of pain spike, and with über thief in other team?

@Quadox.7834 said:How core power mes with worse mobility, no stun, less shatter dmg, no mantra of pain spike, and with über thief in other team?

cuz bunkers will be a thing I think. power mes worked before hot it can work now with the damage nerfs. you're overestimating the damage nerfs power mes got. imagine having to think about rotations and where the enemy teef is like people used to do.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

@Quadox.7834 said:How core power mes with worse mobility, no stun, less shatter dmg, no mantra of pain spike, and with über thief in other team?

cuz bunkers will be a thing I think. power mes worked before hot it can work now with the damage nerfs. you're overestimating the damage nerfs power mes got. imagine having to think about rotations and where the enemy teef is like people used to do.

Sure but there will be no more stealth oneshots (bcs no mantra) and no stun for setting up mirror blades (or anything). But we will have to see about the new trait.

@Yasai.3549 said:FB, Herald will still be strong because ANET DIDN'T NERF BOONS. Boons which are an extremely broken aspect of the game are still not nerfed.Nerf output all yu want, Boons themselves are a problem.

They nerfed a lot of concentration including removing amulets, traits, changing rune values and the duration of boons themselves on a lot of skills.

Herald in mind was designed to keep one boon permanently for Upkeep, you'd find it okay if Herald were to get only 1 or 2 seconds of a boon per 3 seconds? They're using resources for that, it would make no sense to just stutter over everything.

• Feel My Wrath: Reduced quickness duration from 8 seconds to 5 seconds
  • Mantra of Liberation: Increased cooldown from 40 seconds to 60 seconds. Increased ammo recharge from 25 seconds to 45 seconds
  • Portent of Freedom (from Mantra of Liberation): Reduced stability duration from 5 seconds to 1 second
  • Unhindered Delivery (from Mantra of Liberation): Reduced stability duration from 5 seconds to 4 seconds

Should already tell you much about Firebrand.

All power will be useless so their isn't really any theory crafting to do here its going to be whatever is the most broken class to spam broken condi's. They probably did all these changes to try to make the renegade charr tea party last longer than than one second so they won't have to actually design something usable for renegade. Which also reminds me how kalla's statue she is using a greatsword lol. Everyones wrong though new meta will be spellbreaker/renegade :) Spellbreaker copies condi's back to you send them back then renegade send them back to you. Will go into a loop until someone actually dies and we have counter play!

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@reikken.4961 said:FB looked to me like it got hit pretty hard, so I guess I missed it. What's making it look like it'll come out on top?

ditto for thief. with all damage down, people have to be lower for them to burst someone down, so I'd actually expect thief to come off worse

FB only got small damage nerfs everywhere and small heal nerfs.no condi nerfs.no cooldown increases.no mobility nerfs.Same for thief. S/D thief for example has same ammout of dodges it used to have, meanwhile other classes will have longer CD and skills that deal 0 dmg ( CC ).

Firebrand didn't get any mobility nerfs? Rofl

Thief (core/dd/de)Guard (core/dh/fb)Necro (core)Rev (herald/the other elite spec)

Last spot i'd say...War (core/sb)Engie (core/scrapper)

We'll still see Mirages because somehow they'll dodge the patch with their remaining dodge roll, and weavers who will riptide-earthen vortex-tof the patch to find a spot somewhere.

But we'll also see playable niche builds and niche plays that will make the game much more interresting. I'm looking forward to it.

It's definitely not looking great for Ranger. Between the pet swap nerf to Soulbeast and the increased Swoop cooldown (assuming people actually take a bird pet anymore), mobility will be greatly decreased and the boon reduction seemed to hit this class much more than others like Herald and Firebrand.

I will be curious to see how condis feel in the patch since all the power reduction could leave this in a good spot.

Still, from my initial impressions, Firebrand, Herald, and Core Thief seem to be in good spots.

3 bunkers, 1 bruiser, 1 support. No need to kill foes, just cc them out of the central control point until the team gets it, then defend it in attrition fights until the clock ends or the enemies ragequit. 3 in middle, 1 at home and the last player rotating between to ensure support.

I guess FB, Reaper, Scrapper and maybe Warriors seems better suited to fill those roles.

Thief (several specs, no pw anymore)Guard (mostly Fb, in solo q also DH and Core)Necro (different specs at least in solo q)not sure about the last 2 could be Warrior and Engi but replaceable by LR Ele and (Condi) Rev (depending on what ppl like to play, if you have no good Warrior player for your team you replace it with one of the other 3 i mean)