which weapon do you want your class to get in the new expansion?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Smoosh.2718 said:

@Teratus.2859 said:Necro Sword (mainhand)Elementalist Long or ShortbowMesmer Dagger (duel)Thief Greatsword (Katana theme)Ranger ShieldEngineer StaffWarrior SceptorGuardian Pistol (mainhand)Revenant Warhorn

Dare I ask, what is a warrior going to do with sceptor that it doesnt already do with other weapons?I honestly can only see pistol bringing something new,Staff is just another GS/Hammer which warrior doesnt need.

No idea xDWarrior having such a huge list of usable weapons already kinda puts heavy limits on their new weapon choices for future specs.Pistol is an obvious choice that's somewhat fitting to Warrior so I wanted to go with something completely different that would kind of flip the Warrior class into something unexpected.Staff could achieve that as well but I think if Staff were to become a Warrior Weapon I'd expect it to be a Melee combat stick rather than a magic staff (which tbh would work very well for a Canthan based elite spec)Sceptor just feels the most out of place weapon for a Warrior which could provide a unique new playstyle which would feel very foreign to what a Warrior is right now.Plus it's a ranged weapon which Warrior is kind of lackluster in these days, perhaps Sceptor could specialize more as a ranged CC weapon and put down Aoe's, or Warriors could get access to Wells or something.

The main thing i'd like from this next Warrior spec though is the ability to pull, currently Warrior has no access to this mechanic with exception to a single underwater skill.Considering one of the main complaints I see about Rangers is them easily playing keep away with more Melee focused classes like Warrior in PVP thanks to Ranger having great Range preassure, I think Warriors could really use a good pull skill to help them counter some of that Ranged playstyle.

Edit* After giving it some thought I think the combination of Sceptor and Axe would be awesome if the Sceptor also had a pull on it.Warrior at range Sceptor autoing and seeing their chance, Hits the pull yanking their foe into Melee range, Duel Strike for double quickness and then rip them to pieces with a quickness infused Whirling Axe!! then as they instantly realize they are in trouble and attempt to get away.. then you have a choice, remain in Sceptor Axe and whack em down with Sceptors range or swap into a Melee setup like Greatsword and chase them down with your usual melee skills.

If warrior got access to wells too then you could set one up prior to the pull to take advantage of the whirl finisher from Whirling Axe, this could be a brutal combination with chilling bolts, crippling the enemy's ability to get away with Chill, or Poison bolts, crippling their ability to heal.

Warrior - Dual wield Greatswords.Revenant - Greatsword.Engineer - Greatsword.Thief - Greatsword.Elementalist - Greatsword.

Ranger - Bow enhancement that allows you to shoot Greatswords instead of arrows.

Necromancer - Minions gain the ability to fart out Greatswords at enemies.

Did I mention Greatswords??

@"Makuragee.3058" said:Engineer: staff 1200 long range. I would LOVE!!!! it to be a golemancer, summoning different type of golem zo could be only skill animation not real IA or we could have kind of a "ranger pet" but its a golem

I really don't understand why so many people want a golemancer for engineer....we already have a Asuran themed elite spec with Holosmith. Why giving us another?And the alchemical side of engineering is completely unexplored by elite specs yet.

@Shaogin.2679 said:

@aspirine.6852 said:Just give the current weapons more skill options.

Yes! It would be swell to finally be able to pick weapon skills rather than having them locked to the weapon. I miss GW1's skill system.

That might make balancing even more complicated, but I would love to see an elite spec that uses an old weapon in a new way.

Whether you get more skill options or a new weapon added to the profession doesn't matter, because both options make balancing more complicated. It is too late for the game to go back to GW1's skill system, but I would appreciate a little more diversity either way.

@Kodama.6453 said:

@"Makuragee.3058" said:Engineer: staff 1200 long range. I would LOVE!!!! it to be a golemancer, summoning different type of golem zo could be only skill animation not real IA or we could have kind of a "ranger pet" but its a golem

I really don't understand why so many people want a golemancer for engineer....we already have a Asuran themed elite spec with Holosmith. Why giving us another?And the alchemical side of engineering is completely unexplored by elite specs yet.

It simple because what is the most Asuran thing? The golem but sadly we dont really have any way to have golem (we have racial skill but lets be honest here... its more a joke than anything). We do have a rune that summon a golem tho and its not a bad rune in fact, but I want MORE O.oTrue that Holosmith feel asuran that the spec I use in fact for tgis very reason!

Warrior main hand focus. The auto attack does zero damage and massive AoE confusion as the warrior turns it over and over in their hands not knowing what it does while enemies look on not really knowing what to do. Maybe another skill where the warrior shakes it a little causing an explosion that knocks down the warrior and launches and burns foes within a certain radius. We can have joke especs to go with the joke legendaries. Just sayin

Land spear is an interesting one, of course, in addition to Offhand Scepter.

I actually have no real preference for the main professions I play, however I would like to see lesser used weapons, and weapons not re-used in the last two rounds of elite specs, get a bit more use going forward. I'm thinking Focus, Pistol, Scepter, Mace should all get a bit more lovin'.

Considering existing weapons only, ideas I personally like are:

• Mace Engineer
  • Hammer Ranger (because, obviously)
  • Pistol Warrior
  • Scepter (& Focus?) Revenant
  • Warhorn Guardian
  • Hammer Mesmer
  • Offhand Scepter Elementalist

ProfessionEliteWeaponUtility
GuardianMarshalPistol (mainhand)Punishment
RevenantMystic SeerScepter + FocusLegendary Prophet
WarriorBowmanShortbowMark
EngineerFirefighterAxe + WarhornRescue
RangerTrailblazerPistol (mainhand)Ambush
ThiefArsonistTorchBomb
ElementalistArchmageLongbowHymn
MesmerEnchanterDaggerSpirit Weapon
NecromancerDeathnoteMaceSymbol

All these people talking about Bow, greatsword or hammer for ele...

Why give ele a weapon they can already summon?

Torch.. Mainhand. Make them the only class that can use torch mainhand.

The legendary Torch traces back to ele skills in GW:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rodgort

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Mark_of_Rodgort

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Rodgort%27s_Invocation