The Warclaw Needs Some Love ( in PVE ) - [Merged]

@"Excursion.9752" said:One way to make the Warclaw better in PvE would to have it be able to climb up walls for the duration of its endurance bar.

Then it becomes a "must have" for PvE. I know I would want a mount that could just walk up a wall. But what do I need a Springer for, then? Each mount serves a role, so Warclaw in PvE would need a niche to fill.

I'm not opposed to expanding its usefulness, so long as it has valid purpose. I think it is fine as-is. It is still usable for those desiring the flavor it brings.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@DeanBB.4268 said:

@"Excursion.9752" said:One way to make the Warclaw better in PvE would to have it be able to climb up walls for the duration of its endurance bar.

Then it becomes a "must have" for PvE. I know I would want a mount that could just walk up a wall. But what do I need a Springer for, then? Each mount serves a role, so Warclaw in PvE would need a niche to fill.

I'm not opposed to expanding its usefulness, so long as it has valid purpose. I think it is fine as-is. It is still usable for those desiring the flavor it brings.There are areas in this game that does require to go straight up and really high. When I posted that I did not envision it going as high as springer. I would compare it to the dash a Jackel to the raptors jump. Its not as good but it has its role. I just think Warclaw and cats go hand and hand and most cats climb up things vertically weather it be a chair or curtains. So why not a warclaw climb walls? Just makes sense in my head.

Last year I bought Anniversary Supply Drop Requisition from gemstore but this year i did not.

Why?

I bought it last year for the cool Warclaw skin. I used to play only WvW for years and really like the mount in WvW. But over the past year, ANet nerfed it to uselessness and I quited WvW this year. I like the mount skins in the requisition drop this year and I would have bought it too if only Warclaw is not equally useless in PVE.

You want to sell more skins and make more money? Well, give players a reason to want to use that mount. Simple.

@Dante.1508 said:I don't even own a warclaw.. I saw what was needed in wvw and couldn't do it.. I saw that i had no glider (why?) and cannot keep up with the zergs with no mount (continually left behind and had to run miles back after deaths) so i gave up, way too gated content for me..

It can be pretty annoying to unlock, especially the requirement to capture a keep, if you can't join a squad. Even harder for Australians playing in off-peak hours when there may not be enough players in WvW wanting to capture a keep.

@yoni.7015 said:Warclaw is the WvW mount, no need to use it in PvE.

Then why is it in PVE? Your reason is flawed.

@Sigmoid.7082 said:Didn't we do this entire thread like last week?

Take a look at those requests for 'permanent no down state' topics in the WvW section. There has to be hundreds of topics for that. So, obviously two is not enough.

Sure. Up it’s usefulness in PvE when you unlock the abilities after rank 1000 in WvW.

Absolutely.

I mean, as a WvW Mount, it should be allowed to be better for those who play the game mode consistently.

@Atomos.7593 said:

@Dante.1508 said:I don't even own a warclaw.. I saw what was needed in wvw and couldn't do it.. I saw that i had no glider (why?) and cannot keep up with the zergs with no mount (continually left behind and had to run miles back after deaths) so i gave up, way too gated content for me..

It can be pretty annoying to unlock, especially the requirement to capture a keep, if you can't join a squad. Even harder for Australians playing in off-peak hours when there may not be enough players in WvW wanting to capture a keep.

@Mil.3562 said:Last year I bought Anniversary Supply Drop Requisition from gemstore but this year i did not.

Why?

I bought it last year for the cool Warclaw skin. I used to play only WvW for years and really like the mount in WvW. But over the past year, ANet nerfed it to uselessness and I quited WvW this year. I like the mount skins in the requisition drop this year and I would have bought it too if only Warclaw is not equally useless in PVE.

You want to sell more skins and make more money? Well, give players a reason to want to use that mount. Simple.

@SLOTH.5231 said:They need to boost the speed of warclaw 33% and add that third evade back in PVE.

@Reirli.3817 said:Ok so I know ANET has been releasing banger after banger with these warclaw skins, i really like them, and i'm sure alot of people do. The problem is the fact that we only really just use it in wvw, and hardly in pve.

I think they should include warclaw in PvE more, making it where warclaw move slower than raptor normally but move faster than raptor on rough terrain like steep hills (something raptors and beetles aren't good at) it'll be good for running through steep hills, additionally give warclaw a momentary superspeed skill. Would be a fun addition!

@Strider Pj.2193 said:Sure. Up it’s usefulness in PvE when you unlock the abilities after rank 1000 in WvW.

Absolutely.

I mean, as a WvW Mount, it should be allowed to be better for those who play the game mode consistently.

@Mil.3562 said:Last year I bought Anniversary Supply Drop Requisition from gemstore but this year i did not.

Why?

@SLOTH.5231 said:They need to boost the speed of warclaw 33% and add that third evade back in PVE.

@Reirli.3817 said:Ok so I know ANET has been releasing banger after banger with these warclaw skins, i really like them, and i'm sure alot of people do. The problem is the fact that we only really just use it in wvw, and hardly in pve.

I think they should include warclaw in PvE more, making it where warclaw move slower than raptor normally but move faster than raptor on rough terrain like steep hills (something raptors and beetles aren't good at) it'll be good for running through steep hills, additionally give warclaw a momentary superspeed skill. Would be a fun addition!

Great idea! Why shouldn't it gain more ability in PvE for those that earned it in WvW? I am totally on board with something like that.

Um when you guys and gals talk about earned I think you're missing the point? I'm over rank 1k in WvW been playing the game since launch but anyways. If you have a Warclaw then you earned it based on what Anet set to obtain the mount period end of story. If it was exclusive to only WvW why is everyone able to use it outside of that.

Let people have fun all this entitlement has to stop.

@Tyncale.1629 said:

@Reirli.3817 said:I think they should include warclaw in PvE more, making it where warclaw move slower than raptor normally but move faster than raptor on rough terrain like steep hills (something raptors and beetles aren't good at) it'll be good for running through steep hills, additionally give warclaw a momentary superspeed skill. Would be a fun addition!

i think the jackal doesnt have this issue.

I must be doing something wrong with the Jackal, it gets stuck on boulders that my raptor would easily jump over. It seems it can barely negotiate any height at all. It is impossible to gain height during one of its jumps, right?

I find the jackal to be the king of uphill, because it's base speed is the fastest (without abilities, which the raptor can't use here) and you can blink uphill without losing time. (I've not tried to blink through a boulder though, only on the slope itself)

@Randulf.7614 said:I originally was against it, but it’s no longer useful in wvw with it being sadly nerfed into oblivion.

Giving it some use or pve masteries would be welcomed by me

My thoughts as well.. compared to what it was the Warclaw has been completely gutted in WvW.. and still people are calling for more nerfs.If the WvW community hate it so much then Anet might as well make it better in PvE.If hardcore WvW players complain about that well they only have themselves to blame for demanding so many nerfs in the first place.

@SLOTH.5231 said:Um when you guys and gals talk about earned I think you're missing the point? I'm over rank 1k in WvW been playing the game since launch but anyways. If you have a Warclaw then you earned it based on what Anet set to obtain the mount period end of story. If it was exclusive to only WvW why is everyone able to use it outside of that.

This. The game made warclaws (fairly) easy to get, with achievements meant to acquaint players with some of the basics of WvW and even changed one of the abilities to allow other players near you to gain the same speedboost without needing the mount (the 10 second limit is weird though). Giving it pve abilities might encourage even more people to play WvW to get the mount. Nothing that would topple the current selection of mounts, but having the ability to break down gates like in drizzlewood coast would be an AWESOME addition that would make it so much more fun for pve players.

@Teratus.2859 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:I originally was against it, but it’s no longer useful in wvw with it being sadly nerfed into oblivion.

Giving it some use or pve masteries would be welcomed by me

My thoughts as well.. compared to what it was the Warclaw has been completely gutted in WvW.. and still people are calling for more nerfs.If the WvW community hate it so much then Anet might as well make it better in PvE.If hardcore WvW players complain about that well they only have themselves to blame for demanding so many nerfs in the first place.

I wonder if they added a way in PvE to also unlock it if it would justify buffing the warclaw in PvE more? I wouldn't mind since I unlocked it and have used it in WvW for ages now already. May as well allow everyone in WvW to be on a more level playing field while playing the mode. Most people in WvW already have it unlocked by now I think.

Why?

Same for me when I saw they were spending more time nerfing the thing than fixing more important issues with the mode!!!

@SLOTH.5231 said:Um when you guys and gals talk about earned I think you're missing the point? I'm over rank 1k in WvW been playing the game since launch but anyways. If you have a Warclaw then you earned it based on what Anet set to obtain the mount period end of story. If it was exclusive to only WvW why is everyone able to use it outside of that.

I think you are actually missing our point. The acquisition of the mount is fine. What we are saying is as you gain rank in WvW your warclaw gains new abilities in PvE. This encourages more players to put effort in WvW if they want to progress thier mount which increases WvW population in the process. If they don't it isn't a big deal because the WvW skills don't have a ton of use in PvE anyways. Our argument has absolutely nothing to do with entitlement.

One thing they do need to fix. I have an acc with just warclaw unlocked out of all mounts. Now on any mount on my other accounts say I come up to a node or a chest and hit F it loots the chest/node. Now Warclaw I hit F I dismount but got to hit F again to loot chest/node. Minor annoyance but plz fix