So what is your deepest desire (top 3) for things you want to see in GW2?

42 minutes ago, Ayrilana.1396 said:

More challenging content. 

Remember after HoT and PoF release? People that asked for difficulty nerf of HoT received the easier PoF content and then started asking for harder content :)

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Evil.1580 said:

Remember after HoT and PoF release? People that asked for difficulty nerf of HoT received the easier PoF content and then started asking for harder content

The people asking for nerfs most likely are different people than those that ask for harder content.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1) A legendary armor that is purchased via a new currency earned in practically any game mode -> Metas, dungeons, fracts, raids, PVP, WvW, so people who like to do a variety of content can earn sets without going all-in into a particular game mode. Really I think it's gross how much commitment is needed to 1 particular game mode to earn a set of armor in general and it doesn't really play to this game's strength: the breadth of content it offers. I miss metas, but if I don't play tons of WvW I won't get anywhere on the armor and rings I'm aiming for from it. But I also am feeling close to burning out, even though I enjoy WvW.
2) Complete PVP rework -> destroy duo queue, make 2 ranked queueing modes, full party and solo (solo players are never matched with full party players). Change the matchmaker to create matches for solo queue in batches so it's harder to manipulate matches. Make players declare the character they will play in the match when queueing so the rating system actually works and rates players on particular characters (no character swapping). New PVP modes other than conquest. Change the queue so that a player can freely do open world modes while waiting for a match.
3) more WvW content and content for all PVE modes except raids -> I'm done asking for a more approachable version of raids and I honestly don't feel implementing more raids that are similar to current ones will be valuable for the game as a whole. I'd also like to see more diversity in support roles in fractals. Though there's lots they could do to PVE in this game: they could add roguelike elements to encounters where you get buffs after you wipe so PuGGing more difficult content is easier. Any sort of system that solves GW2's "problem" as outlined by might teapot would be good, that's just one I can think of. I also would want them to focus more on how to make encounters FEEL fun over just giving rewards in PVE modes in general. There's a reason why so many players stop raiding as soon as they finish their first envoy armor and/or ring. I also think a little bit of RNG to mechanics would be good. I.E. Encounters with bosses are never quite the same each time (maybe its special attacks are random, and it gets like 3 from a pool of 9 as an example, there's way more you could do, but that's an easy illustration). That would probably have to be added to new content and not in old.

I would honestly love to see dungeons relevant again. And new ones occaisionally added.

Edited by Firebeard.1746
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Evil.1580 said:

Remember after HoT and PoF release? People that asked for difficulty nerf of HoT received the easier PoF content and then started asking for harder content 🙂

Challenging content and super easy content can exist in the same game. I also don’t believe that it was the same group of players although that doesn’t mean that there wasn’t overlap among certain individual players. 

Edited by Ayrilana.1396
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 6/13/2021 at 3:57 AM, Ardenwolfe.8590 said:

1. Stop balancing classes in PvE based on a vocal and elitist minority.

2. Add mercenaries or NPCs to help players do dungeons or similar content.

3. Stop adding near-endless grinds for achievements.

Adding to this to say:  bring back GW1's mechanics.  It was honestly the better game, in that regard.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 6/13/2021 at 7:59 PM, Evil.1580 said:

I remember Anet basically said they won't release any until they've released all strikes AND if player participation in raids goes up. Do we know if player participation in raids is up? We don't know for sure but I have a feeling it is up.

I can bet my life on it, there are always open tags in LFG and I clear wings regularly every week

Edited by Touchme.1097
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Ariurotl.3718 said:

A toggle for ground-targeted skills that'd let me use them always centered on the current target (or on myself, depending on the skill).

That's already there in the settings, more or less. On the General Options tab (the first one), scroll down to Combat/Movement, tick the box for Snap Ground Target to Current Target.

I use it off and on; it's handy in mass fights where you can't see your own effects!

Which reminds me - a toggle or slider for other characters' effects is my number one wish.

★ Full inspection and restructuring of whole game code and the services plus code documentation to finally solve all 'mysteries' for fixing, changing or adding new stuff and it's also going to future proof the game.

★ Full UI/UX and Combat/Movement/Targetting behavior updates to today's standarts and player expectations.

★ FPS fix.

Edited by fatihso.7258
Made it easier to read.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, galen ubal.2807 said:

That's already there in the settings, more or less. On the General Options tab (the first one), scroll down to Combat/Movement, tick the box for Snap Ground Target to Current Target.

I use it off and on; it's handy in mass fights where you can't see your own effects!

I'd rather have Arenanet give us a toggle that turns skills from ground target to enemy target/self target.

That'd take away the freedom of placement, but make current ground-targetted skills significantly more viable for me.

That snap to target function simply doesn't do it for me, since it still is targetting the ground.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, IndigoSundown.5419 said:

Much more in the way of opportunity costs in build design.  One build should not have strong burst, strong sustain and breakaway speed.

They do believe in this, but for some classes and not others XD

This is something that has me salty about MMOs in general. i've never once, seen a balance team that truly believes in balance. Players literally sink hours upon hours in their favorite classes and the devs always seem content to blow crap all over usually about 60-70% of the player base while letting their favorites be close to gods. Tbh, i don't quite agree with you. I feel like every class should feel OP in something. That would be something that gives every class some form of identity and usefulness and that's kind of the problem now, there's a few classes that really shine in each game mode and then the others are "meh". I don't think making all classes "meh" is fun for players. But designing encounters around powerful classes that have a plethora of strategies for downing is difficult. You'd have to be sure the community doesn't latch onto one particular meta too soon and ignore all the different capabilities/strategies each class provides.

Edited by Firebeard.1746
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, galen ubal.2807 said:

Which reminds me - a toggle or slider for other characters' effects is my number one wish.

I know but it doesn't work if you click on the skill rather than using the key on the keyboard.

And yes, I prefer to click on skills, people already have expressed their bemusement at that on the old forums.

1- Elite Specializations with 2 weapon proficiencies instead of just having one. This would allow more build customization and give people weapons they've yearned for.

2- Revenant reworked to allow the use of racial skills. I would have it where they've have to a non-channel legend stance that has "Remnant Skills" and Racial Skills available, and when you Channel a legend or Legend Swap you have the respective skills available. Only Legend Skills would use Energy.

3) Tengu

1.) I LOATHE raids, but I want a game fun for everyone. There should be a raid and up to two fractals added a year.

2.) A side story or mini episode every few Living World chapters that is their own self contained story.

3.) A real personalized base/home that makes regular appearances in the main story.

Edited by Eloc Freidon.5692
  • Like 1

On 6/14/2021 at 11:38 AM, Evil.1580 said:

Remember after HoT and PoF release? People that asked for difficulty nerf of HoT received the easier PoF content and then started asking for harder content 🙂

Idk why people want to be “challenged”. Just wear blues and let the rest of us actually play to relax instead of being tryhards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

-I want more production value from content releases. As we've seen in season 2 of LW they had mouth/facial animations, tons of cutscenes, longer instances, more ambient and branch dialogue....just more.

-Like fractals I want storymode, normal and challenge mode for raids that way the entire community can at least run through the content. Strikes themselves will never be a ramp to raids.

-More side-stories, or short stories or community contests, player voting in some content, maybe even get a Game Director for Guild Wars 2 soon.....

11 minutes ago, Mortifera.6138 said:

Idk why people want to be “challenged”. Just wear blues and let the rest of us actually play to relax instead of being tryhards.

To me it's beyond silly that people asking for certain builds in certain content like strikes....like as long as everyone has at least exotic gear and a decent build your RAID rotation group is only going to finish several seconds earlier....and if not you miss out on a chest that gives you a few extra silver? Can't relate.

• Confused 1