pls nerf healing stuff game is soooo slow

13 hours ago, Shao.7236 said:

So your idea is to make CC spam even more prevalent? Got it.

Mercy no, i'm exaggerating.

Although; as damage, stab application, and CDs get lower, lower, and higher, then CC-spam is only going to become more prevalent.

And you're right, it was a bad idea. In retrospect; the reverse-psychology approach probably isn't going to work there, as any sort of outrageous contradictory nerf I or anyone else could come up with either will become reality or already has. What a joke.

I enjoy the fact that people don't understand there isn't any easy ground to gain between "too much healz' and 'too much DPS'. It really illustrates who understands MMO competitive modes ... and who doesn't.

Carry on. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

@paShadoWn.5723 Idk man there would be some good options. In my opinion the best one would be like this:

Scourge doing the more barriere sharing the more players are in the fields. That would mean that scourge is a decent mid fight support class but a week 1v1 class. In other words it dont kill the whole class but made it more balance in 1v1 scenarios xd

I will tell you how your logic works: you ask to nerf most OP stuff - maybe meta changes to a better one, then you ask to nerf next most OP stuff, then... you get the idea, right?

That you aggravate multiple players whose builds you ask to destroy, you obviously do not get.

• Like 2

On 7/1/2021 at 2:27 PM, paShadoWn.5723 said:

As I am seeing it, some players were used to instakills so they did not had to fight.

Now that they actually have to fight they are complaining on getting bored/tired from it because they are zero endurance irl.

I bet they are getting bored from fighting dragons in PvE if ever do it.

So no. Just no. The current game state is fine and to my liking.

Want instakills no downed state? Go farm Queensdale.

Unironically, necromaincer icon checks out. Of course the current game's state is to your liking, you are never getting punished for misplays hard enough.

I'm pretty sure almost everyone here hated the instakill stealth builds pre-Feb 2020. But aside from those, the meta was actually pretty kitten good. You could get good duels with people in similar range of skill, albeit ones that actually ended before long. If you were getting instagibbed, it usually just meant you were more than one tier below your opposition in skill.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 6/30/2021 at 9:17 AM, Arheundel.6451 said:

Sustain is not an issue if you build for sustain at the expense of damage, that's what the definition of balance has always been. If a player invests in damage at the expense of sustain...he should be able to oneshots others, viceversa if I build for sustain...I should be able to tank enough dmg to be a serious issue without ever becoming a DPS threat. A build is OP when it has the sustain of a tank and the burst damage of a glass cannon and that brings me to the third variable: hybrid, where I can do some damage while having some sustain.

Problem with the GW2 community is that nothing is never accepted! If glass cannon...too much dmg pls nerf; if tank...too much sustain pls nerf; if an hybrid..too good as duellist pls nerf..

The issue is not sustain, the issue is people not tolerating glass cannon specs, which are needed to quickly resolve matches and avoid stalemates, the Feb 2020 patch brought forward by the will of the community effectively removed that glass cannon role...and now you all suffer from that decision because :  Glass+Bruiser+Tank=Balance and if you remove one element of the equation..you remove balance simple.

The problem is not sustain...the problem is the lack of dmg, only in rare instances the damage is too much to justify and deserve to be nerfed.

This person gets it. 

• Like 2

On 7/10/2021 at 1:31 AM, Kuma.1503 said:

This person gets it. 

I faintly recall this community hating anything that deals damage, even if it sports a third of the defenses of some of the most outrageous bunker/support specs. Frankly, the specs with sustain and damage, and sustain doubling as damage, don't seem to get as much flack as they'd logically deserve.

• Like 2

Can healing really be to much? They removed all the main healing amulets didnt they? Its almost like it wasnt the amulets that creates the healing problem but the skills them selfs. Who would have thought that.

Healing really shoulsnt be a thing in gw2 imo. This is a fighting game, one where there is a loser at the end. Having heals for days or being able to go from 10% hp all the way to 75%+ off a heal chain(engis) or for some classes like gaurd that can have like 80% life heal with zero healing is absurd when that class/build has zero healing power to begin with.

Edited by Eddbopkins.2630
Added words n stuffs

8 hours ago, NorthernRedStar.3054 said:

I faintly recall this community hating anything that deals damage, even if it sports a third of the defenses of some of the most outrageous bunker/support specs. Frankly, the specs with sustain and damage, and sustain doubling as damage, don't seem to get as much flack as they'd logically deserve.

The problem is anet cant seem to find a middle ground between everything being able to do 1 shot combos, and nothing dying unless 3 people focus it. This is because every class has the means to completely re-sustain themselves every 20-30 seconds. Combine that with all the evades, blocks, ccs, and condi spam and its impossible to have reasonable balance. If damage is high, you can kill someone in between animations and people will die instantly. If damage is lowered then people can just chain defense and infinitely re-sustain even if they get outplayed. Classes need to have far less sustain, or far less active defense. I think most people like the skill involved in active defense so sustain needs a huge adjustment.

• Confused 2

9 hours ago, NorthernRedStar.3054 said:

Been beating that horse for a while. If it actually poses a threat it gets complained about until it gets nerfed. 

Generally speaking, it's okay if a build has good sustained dps and beefiness. So long as it doesn't deal as much sustained/burst damage as your average dps. A beefy sidenode bruiser is a perfectly legitimate archetype. Core condi engi and condi rev for example. They've got good sustained dps and great sustain but weak burst.  

Alternatively, if it has good sustain and good burst but bad sustained dps that's also fine. This kind of build gives the opposing player clear windows to play defensive and clear windows to CC/pressure. Fire weaver is a good example of a build like this. You play around primordial stance, lava skin, and pyro vortex and you've got very little to worry about after that. 

Things get into degenerate/cheese territory when you have unreactable 80-0 or 100-0 burst that comes immediately after a port/stealth. Pre-nerf power rev porting through a wall and instagibbing you with 25 might was a little bit dumb. Toning that down was a good call. Thief has an abudnace of ports and stealth and their damage had to be nerfed into the ground because of it. If it had good damage on top of steal and stealth and all it's additional shadowsteps it would be extremely unhealthy to play against. 

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

The problem is anet cant seem to find a middle ground between everything being able to do 1 shot combos, and nothing dying unless 3 people focus it. This is because every class has the means to completely re-sustain themselves every 20-30 seconds. Combine that with all the evades, blocks, ccs, and condi spam and its impossible to have reasonable balance. If damage is high, you can kill someone in between animations and people will die instantly. If damage is lowered then people can just chain defense and infinitely re-sustain even if they get outplayed. Classes need to have far less sustain, or far less active defense. I think most people like the skill involved in active defense so sustain needs a huge adjustment.

100% true, and the absolute easiest fix to this would be to revert the feb 2020 patch and increase base health pool in PvP by say 10 000.

Edited by Quadox.7834
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

40 minutes ago, Quadox.7834 said:

100% true, and the absolute easiest fix to this would be to revert the feb 2020 patch and increase base health pool in PvP by say 10 000.

Ah yes, you would exactly survive 1 more hit from pre-feb2020 powercreeped speces XD
The absolute easiest fix would be revert game to 2014 balance state while also deleting all HoT and PoF e-speces.
After that you start balacing classes, but you keep in mind the new stats and sigils. 
Gratz, now you're at starting point in which you're allowed to design elite speces from scratch, since all of current one are just core2.0. Instead of going uberlazywae you create proper "subclasses" system, each one of them will have it's own traitlines atleast 5, which alters your "class mechanic" in desired way that actually will provide "new playstyles".
This way you'll get Core = HoT = PoF as it should be from the very start.
But hey, it's gw2, we don't do proper work here. :')

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

On 7/12/2021 at 11:33 AM, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

Ah yes, you would exactly survive 1 more hit from pre-feb2020 powercreeped speces XD
The absolute easiest fix would be revert game to 2014 balance state while also deleting all HoT and PoF e-speces.
After that you start balacing classes, but you keep in mind the new stats and sigils. 
Gratz, now you're at starting point in which you're allowed to design elite speces from scratch, since all of current one are just core2.0. Instead of going uberlazywae you create proper "subclasses" system, each one of them will have it's own traitlines atleast 5, which alters your "class mechanic" in desired way that actually will provide "new playstyles".
This way you'll get Core = HoT = PoF as it should be from the very start.
But hey, it's gw2, we don't do proper work here. :')

1. One hit (or, 10k hp) is a lot

2. You could oneshot in 2014 as well

3. That wouldn't be an easy fix. It would be an incredibly hard and time consuming fix. What I said was an actual doable fix

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Quadox.7834 said:

1. One hit (or, 10k hp) is a lot

2. You could oneshot in 2014 as well

3. That wouldn't be an easy fix. It would be an incredibly hard and time consuming fix. What I said was an actual doable fix

I wasn't around back then, but I do find one thing amusing. 

Many of the same people who say that 2014 was when the game wasn't power crept are the ones who complained about nades until they got nerfed. 

Do they even realize that the only reason  that nades were left alone in the Feb patch was because they were already a core levels of power?  but if things were reverted to 2014, people would immediatly start being one shot by nade barrage again, and cries for nerfs would begin anew. 

Also that would mean rebuffing their range to 1200. Something unthinkable by today's standards. 

Makes you think

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Like 3

On 7/12/2021 at 5:53 PM, UmbraNoctis.1907 said:

Sustain/healing wouldn't be so bad if downstate/ressing wouldn't be so op, because then you could afford to all-in a target and don't have to save half of your offense to have a small chance at finishing off a target.

Well team support is a good thing if that class has trade offs support bruiser, support controllers, dedicated support etc, if its a class that  uses its support to massive self sustain thats a issue with balance or the skill quoficients .

rub rub needs to be slighty reduced as well for healers and non healers that would be interesting.

Edited by Aeolus.3615