Hammer Ele confirmed

WindBlade.8749

Im so glad that there are so many new MMO releases and games to try. We all know New World, but Ill root for Lost Ark, it has arenas and kinda HnS vibe, so both PvP and PvE should be interesting.
I dont know if Im gonna buy EoD, but even if, its not gonna be because of ele. Hammer just doesnt fit even in 1%, like we used to play d/d, d/fc, sw/d, sw/fc, and now you want me to play hammer. No, just no, piano is piano and this kitten is a kittening joke.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Legion.4198 said:

Given the teaser, I think it is likely that it is the flame-like icon. I guess it will be all about powering up deadly balls of energy and then hitting them with the hammer.

Yes, HoT gave us the Vuvuzele, EoD is bringing up the Baseball Ele.
It's possible, but I really hope its not done cheesy.

I admit: I wanted a greatsword (or rifle or longbow), but I'm curious to see what hammer ele's like! Maybe it'll be a spec that I, with the reflexes and dexterity of a sleep-deprived snail, could actually play without dying every five seconds... 😜 (Seriously, I have problems with ele. It's the one class I cannot wrap my mind around for some reason.) In any case, can't wait to try it out!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Kodama.6453 said:

If I may ask: how many people voted on that poll?

Because sample size matters, if it has less than even 10k votes, it isn't even close to showing a proper picture of the opinion of the playerbase.

Definitely not 10k, there are not 10k players active on the forums anyway. 

1 minute ago, Srolo.5208 said:

Funny, then I guess the /age on my account is about 3300 days off then.

Well i am not trying to be mean here, i saw that you joined the forums 2 months ago and made the assumption. It's fine though.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

46 minutes ago, WindBlade.8749 said:

except hammer was never been viable in pve and only a niche in pvp... it's not that great for hype

Thats kinda dumb logic, tbh. I mean, there is little to no connection between weapon type and the way it works.
Rev summons ghosts from Hammer.
Mesmer shoots lasers from Greatsword. And now throws Daggers.
Ranger throws Axes.
Thief uses Staff in melee.

Same weapons work differently on different classes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Vissarion.6509 said:

m8 you've been playing this game for 2 months. Relax.

Forum account age doesn't reflect gw2 play time. Ive been playing since before release but I just made a forum account last year. 

Blurting out things like this doesn't help your case and just makes you look dumb.

As for the weapon itself, I'm hoping that it's a hybrid melee/ranged weapon. maybe 2 attunements focus on melee (melee auto-attacks that does good cleave for example) and the other 2 focusing on ranged. Would make for an ideal weapon for a class that has no access to weapon swapping.

Edited by HowlKamui.5120
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, HowlKamui.5120 said:

Forum account age doesn't reflect gw2 play time. Ive been playing since before release but I just made a forum account last year. 

Blurting out things like this doesn't help your case and just makes you look dumb.

It still doesn't change the fact you are not active on the forums and discussions prior to this date.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 8