Is Your PC EoD-Ready

1 minute ago, Chrysaliss.8720 said:

That sounds more like a Hard drive or a RAM issue. Do you use magnetic drive or SSD?

SSD. Installed one in my desktop a year ago, in my laptop last month. Zones load incredibly fast now. The only thing that seems to lag is the mount.

I've got 4x8GB ram, so that seems an unlikely culprit.

Cello (a great, generous streamer) has a guide to help with things people might not have known about (like roll/jump). In there, he gives a few tips for getting better FPS, while still maintaining a good detail level. For anyone looking for a small boost.

Also, sorry if we aren't allowed to mention content creators. I haven't posted since 2018, lol. 

10 hours ago, Mortifera.6138 said:

I bought this PC 9 years ago to play vanilla GW2. I've had minimal upgrades, so PoF wasn't the best fps-wise. Will EoD put a strain on the PC even further? Is your PC ready for EoD?

My PC is definitely EoD-ready since I had to buy a new motherboard last year, and along with it everything else (CPU, GPU, a SSD etc).

I usually build my PCs to be future-proofed for the next 5-10 years. My last rig lasted 10 years with only minor upgrades.

Edited by Ashantara.8731

10 hours ago, Jukhy.2431 said:

In the end of the prepurchase page it says:

WINDOWS Minimum System Requirements
Windows® 7 or better (64 bit only)
Intel®i3 3.4 GHz / AMD Athlon x4 3.8 GHz or better
8 GB RAM
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 680 / AMD Radeon HD 7970 / Intel Iris 600 series
55GB available HDD space
Broadband Internet connection
Keyboard and mouse
Note: Due to potential changes, system requirements may change over time and you may be required to upgrade your current system (or obtain a new system) to continue to play the game.

There's also help page article with somewhat lower requirements for EoD (likely not updated): https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/201862958-Minimum-System-Requirements

YES! My mega pc with i5 4790 and gtx 970 (approx. 5-6 years old) and 16gm ram is still ready and kicking for EoD <3. Take that gpu scam prices.

Edited by Mahou.3924
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Mortifera.6138 said:

I bought this PC 9 years ago to play vanilla GW2. I've had minimal upgrades, so PoF wasn't the best fps-wise. Will EoD put a strain on the PC even further? Is your PC ready for EoD?

A bit more yes. Unfortunately the price of pc's and components have skyrocketed. It started with the vid cards going through the roof because of bitcoin farming, then covid hit and the real problems started with supply.  A decent basic graphics card will set you back 1500 easy, and the cpus motherboards have all increased 100%. Sure you can get any regular office pc to run the game, but it will be like playing stuttering, and will prob lock up completely in meta events in the new zones. 9 years is pretty old for a pc, esp if used to game on, mine is 2 years old and needs to be replaced for games. But like many I cant afford to build a new pc now with the price of components 

Edited by Zuldari.3940

If you have $500ish to shell out, you can get a full prebuilt Ryzen 5 5600G system that will definitely be able to run GW2. The chip itself is finally for sale at around $260 if you have a motherboard and proper RAM.

See https://www.techspot.com/review/2302-amd-ryzen-5600g/  and https://www.anandtech.com/show/16824/amd-ryzen-7-5700g-and-ryzen-5-5600g-apu-review/11

If you have something that is on DDR3 memory or older it's well worth the upgrade investment.

---

8 logical cores = 4 CPU cores with HT in Windows

8 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Does sound confusing since no i5 with 8 cores exist, even the latest i5 only have 6 cores 🙂

Edited by Infusion.7149

45 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

If you have $500ish to shell out, you can get a full prebuilt Ryzen 5 5600G system that will definitely be able to run GW2.

You need to add whether you are talking US prices or EU as prices between continents wildly differ.

I spent a little fortune on a new rig last year while prices in the US were super low in comparison.

2 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

You need to add whether you are talking US prices or EU as prices between continents wildly differ.

I spent a little fortune on a new rig last year while prices in the US were super low in comparison.

If you get a new PC with a discrete GPU it will be gouged to the sky. Systems with 5600G in them don't have discrete GPUs generally because it has an integrated GPU unlike systems with Ryzen 5 5600X.

If you look on geizhals.eu which is EU based it's € 262.00 for the chip from Mindfactory in Germany which is a major reputable retailer.
https://geizhals.eu/amd-ryzen-5-5600g-100-100000252box-a2536507.html?hloc=at&hloc=de&hloc=eu&hloc=pl&hloc=uk

A full system runs € 449.00
https://geizhals.eu/hp-pavilion-tp01-2001ng-natural-silver-480z8ea-abd-a2573469.html?hloc=at&hloc=de&hloc=eu&hloc=pl&hloc=uk

Notebook comparison

In comparison if you want a notebook with 1080p screen, 6 physical cores and a discrete GPU it is 800+ Euro realistically.
https://geizhals.eu/?cat=nb&xf=12822_6~17537_01+-+GDDR6~17537_03+-+GDDR5~17537_09+-+HBM2~9_1920x1080

8GB Dell G15 for € 749.00 is coincidentally one of the first listings , this was a Arenanet partner offering recently in current gen. https://geizhals.eu/dell-g5-15-se-5505-eclipse-black-nr0g3-a2424795.html?hloc=at&hloc=de&hloc=eu&hloc=pl&hloc=uk
First listing with 16GB RAM (€ 749.00): https://geizhals.eu/lenovo-ideapad-gaming-3-15arh05-onyx-black-82ey00hcge-a2539250.html?hloc=at&hloc=de&hloc=eu&hloc=pl&hloc=uk

Another dell G15 listing but with R5600H and RTX 3050 (€ 817.96 on ebay offer , € 849.00 direct) https://geizhals.eu/dell-g15-5515-phantom-grey-dtjyg-a2554716.html?hloc=at&hloc=de&hloc=eu&hloc=pl&hloc=uk

When i first played Gw2 with my laptop, i was always curious if i meet the requirements. Checking those for gw2, i noticed that somehow the requirements increased with every expansion, so: PoF > HoT > Core Game

If they keep going in that fashion maybe EoD will have additional increasing requirement

1 hour ago, Yakuzai.6593 said:

When i first played Gw2 with my laptop, i was always curious if i meet the requirements. Checking those for gw2, i noticed that somehow the requirements increased with every expansion, so: PoF > HoT > Core Game

If they keep going in that fashion maybe EoD will have additional increasing requirement

It already has. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Thanks for the explanation! I really had no idea myself, beyond that it allowed multi-threading, so will make use of hardware we have but isn't being utilized.

I don't have a ton of trouble, even in large groups on my machine. My biggest issue is loading into a highly populated area like LA or with a big group that has all waypointed together. Sometimes I end up buried in the ground up to my waist as if I'm riding a mount that isn't there. The game is tracking my mount, because if I move forward eventually it rubberbands me to the position I would have reached, but for a couple of seconds it doesn't want to render it.

Sounds like DX11 might help with that?

Long-standing issue with mounts. For some reason skinned ones don't have the issue, but default skinned ones do.

So give Anet some $$$ for their hard work not-fixing long-standing issues and have it stop happening. 

• Confused 1

I don't really expect EoD to ramp requirements up too much from what is already needed, but I think I should already be ready for it. ROG STRIX Z490-E motherboard, i9-10900K CPU, ROG STRIX Geforce RTX 3090 video card, two 2TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSDs, 64GB Trident Z RGB DDR4 RAM, ROG Chakram mouse, ROG STRIX Scope RX keyboard, 43 inch ROG STRIX XG438 4K monitor, one additional internal 10TB normal hard drive and one external 10TB normal hard drive. Case with glass windows is by Fractal and the water cooling unit is also by Fractal. Had it built back in February specifically to play this game. Has made this game so much fun.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Eraden.8740 said:

I don't really expect EoD to ramp requirements up too much from what is already needed, but I think I should already be ready for it. ROG STRIX Z490-E motherboard, i9-10900K CPU, ROG STRIX Geforce RTX 3090 video card, two 2TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSDs, 64GB Trident Z RGB DDR4 RAM, ROG Chakram mouse, ROG STRIX Scope RX keyboard, 43 inch ROG STRIX XG438 4K monitor, one additional internal 10TB normal hard drive and one external 10TB normal hard drive. Case with glass windows is by Fractal and the water cooling unit is also by Fractal. Had it built back in February specifically to play this game. Has made this game so much fun.

Sorry that RTX3090 isnt going to cut it. Send it to me and I'll give an amazing GT730 instead.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2