Need more Awesome Looking Armor sets

Let's all be honest here, most of the Armor sets looks very lame or just plain wacky.

Like the Light armor sets looks so derpy.

I don't like the outfits in gem store, you can't make it look the way you want.

I'm fine with more Gem store armor set skins, it will make more profitable for the developers.

I like the game, but korean  MMO armors looks so much better, it actually feels like you're a powerful looking character.

In gw2 the appearance looks like they are performers in a circus than someone who is supposed to be the hero.

It would be great if they  allow like warriors to be able to wear light or medium armor sets, after all the stats of heavy armors isn't really different from that of light armors.

Make a beta or test server to allow all professions to be able to mix and match all armor sets, heavy armor sets mixing with light and medium armor sets and see how it turns out.

One of the reasons why i don't play light armored professions often is because of how light armor looks, it's so lame.

so yeah. would be better to able to do that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 24

Could this be, like, your oppinion rather than a fact? One person's trash is another persons treasure. What you find derpy, whacky or whatever might just appeal to another person and whatever you feel is great, awesome and epic, might be just as ugly to them as the current skins are for you. Maybe taste is a matter of taste and therefor individual, who knows...

Mix and matching between armor classes has been asked for since 2013. Outifts are basically the answer we got from ANet. Their original stance was, and probably still is if you ask them, that the three different armor classes have different silhouettes, which is important to identify what you are figting against. Outfits and standardized models kinda make this statement void but whatever . Also armor class is important for the "identity" of a class, but that's a rather abstract concept. Well, I still doubt they are working on this or think about it or even consider it. As I mentioned, has been asked for since release basically and hasn't happened yet, so I doubt it will happen now.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, JinONplay.8905 said:

Or if the stats in armors IS different like heavy and light armor stats, we should atleast be able to wear armor appearances using wardrobe. 

8 minutes ago, lokh.2695 said:

Mix and matching between armor classes has been asked for since 2013. Outifts are basically the answer we got from ANet. Their original stance was, and probably still is if you ask them, that the three different armor classes have different silhouettes, which is important to identify what you are figting against. Outfits and standardized models kinda make this statement void but whatever . Also armor class is important for the "identity" of a class, but that's a rather abstract concept. Well, I still doubt they are working on this or think about it or even consider it. As I mentioned, has been asked for since release basically and hasn't happened yet, so I doubt it will happen now.

Yep.  Forums search feature would help find those discussions.  😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

Personally I find the light armors better then medium and heavy armors. Hello buttcapes. 

Gw2 has so many skins to choose from. Be it gem store sets, crafting sets, dungeon sets, race sets, loot sets or collection sets. It’s something for everyone’s taste. try the wardrobe to see pieces you don’t have yet and wiki how to get them. 

• Like 1

If you genuinely want Anet to make different styles of armour it would help to say what exactly you want.

Otherwise you're leaving it up to the same people who made all the (hundreds of) "lame", "wacky", "derpy" armour sets already in the game to guess at what you don't like about any of them and do something different. If you don't like any of their work so far what makes you think a new attempt will be any different?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Search the forums for details but it's not the "easy to identify the professions by silhouette" that blocks it.  It's fundamental technical design, in that the three weights don't work together and very bad things happen if one tries.  Not just clipping, actual bugging out.

I would also like a wider variety of armor styles, especially I would like more realistically wearable in a fight stuff and more town clothes.  But personal opinions are subjective and the game designers get to make it look how they want it to.

Edited by Donari.5237
  • Like 3

Once upon a time going many years back Anet said they would never make in game armor look crappy just so you'd have to get your wallet out for the good stuff. Well guess what? In game armor are crappy. Which is exactly why I play as a Revenant, because it allows me to play totally invisible and not have to look at armors ever again. All people see is a puff of smoke my visible backpack and my weapon. 🤪

That being said I still hope Cantha will bring a new fresh look at armors in game of course not in store. ☺️

Edited by Hybarf Tics.2048
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, JinONplay.8905 said:

Let's all be honest here, most of the Armor sets looks very lame or just plain wacky.

Like the Light armor sets looks so derpy.

I don't like the outfits in gem store, you can't make it look the way you want.

I'm fine with more Gem store armor set skins, it will make more profitable for the developers.

I like the game, but korean  MMO armors looks so much better, it actually feels like you're a powerful looking character.

In gw2 the appearance looks like they are performers in a circus than someone who is supposed to be the hero.

It would be great if they  allow like warriors to be able to wear light or medium armor sets, after all the stats of heavy armors isn't really different from that of light armors.

Make a beta or test server to allow all professions to be able to mix and match all armor sets, heavy armor sets mixing with light and medium armor sets and see how it turns out.

One of the reasons why i don't play light armored professions often is because of how light armor looks, it's so lame.

so yeah. would be better to able to do that.

It seems like they are rounding out some of their newer individual additions to the store, such as foefire, and glacial(?). I have a feeling that Aurene set will see finalization as well, at some point.

• Like 1

Korean MMO-Amor makes you look like a Powerfull Charakter? ... Well i'm a woman, and like to play as one most time, so ... wellll~

But is it just me, or are some Forum-User here sooo~ picky?

This is not the first thread about the GW2 armor being icky. But gw2 has SO MUCH Skins. I agree, the butcapes get old and Outfits are lame(for me personally), but besides this.  I love the Legendary Armor for the fact that it doesn't consume any trasmutation charges, because I change my outfit so often depending on my mood. Before this I even bought trans-loads for gold. There are just so much skins to pick from >//<.

Also the OP comment is so confusing, he wants cool looking, POWERFULL looking armor like korean mmo(which are obviously all the same, OBVIOUSLY) but then wants his Warrior to wear Light armor which ... he says then, is lame?

Is my english that bad? I can't comprehend this xD

Edited by Fuchslein.8639
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hybarf Tics.2048 said:

Once upon a time going many years back Anet said they would never make in game armor look crappy just so you'd have to get your wallet out for the good stuff. Well guess what? In game armor are crappy. Which is exactly why I play as a Revenant, because it allows me to play totally invisible and not have to look at armors ever again. All people see is a puff of smoke my visible backpack and my weapon. 🤪

That being said I still hope Cantha will bring a new fresh look at armors in game of course not in store. ☺️

If you've not yet seen them, there are examples of Cantha armor on the GW2 Twitter account. 

• Like 1

I agree with you, original poster. I'd personally like to see both more individual skimpy male armour skins (not outfits, or what I call 'onesies') and also sleek/professional/epic skins, as most of the ones we have are either clown'ish looking, hippy (makes males look like they have extra wide hips), or all around 'chunky' looking.

I'd like to see armour sets from the original guild wars 1, available as skins in GW2 (obsidian ritualist, vabbian assassins). I'll include a couple images from League of Legends too. The first one actually looks like a male mesmer! In terms of people getting confused with being able to wear different armor sets like light gear on a heavy armor class etc. - to say this shouldn't happen is null and void, since we have had outfits available for a long time - something which ANY armor class can wear (which hides the 'weight' class of the profession). So the argument that 'I won't be able to see what class I'm fighting if a guardian's wearing light armour' or something like that, is a ridiculous excuse. When you're fighting someone, one of the first things you look at is the icon of what the enemy is so you know who and what you're up against anyway - and their skills and actions give away what their profession is anyway.

So ignore all the trolls who give countless 'confused' emoji's to those who post different opinions and ideas. The confused emoji trolls usually just want to discourage players from posting anything that could improve GW2, as they can't fathom the concept that not a single game is 100% perfect and constructive criticism is required for any game.

Mesmer looking character from League of Legends

Skimpy skins for males - even looks like the 'magical' short bow from the black lion weapon set

Edited by Zaoda.1653
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

9 hours ago, JinONplay.8905 said:

I like the game, but korean  MMO armors looks so much better, it actually feels like you're a powerful looking character

At least that part is true, I also feel powerful while wearing spiderweb and a thong.

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

I find it funny that OP decided to put the "golden standard" at "korean MMO armors".

Especially praising it for making you look like a powerfull individual.

We are talking here subgenre within MMOs that have popularized the concept of "chainmail bikini"....

Personally everytime I had a contact with any korean MMO I found it moderatelly challenging to find good looking sets that would actually fit an idividual geared for danger. Easier on males to be sure, but if I had audacity to roll a female, nope, strip dancer cosplaying as adventurer was pretty much most of it. And bits that were not, were premium store and overpriced.

Now I am all for moar armors for GW2, but drawing that comparision as OP did just gave me a chuckle 🙂

Handfull of wants from me - more dresses for female mediums! (look at carapace armor for reference on how loosely I meant the "dress" bit) also moar blindfolds for medium as well - we finally got one non-outfit blindfold with foefire helmet, piece, but we need more 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 10 months later...

Well... Korean MMO skins aside (they generally seem to go toward the "females fight in high heels and evening wear"), I think the skins can be vastly improved. The recent xpac skins don't really add much; just variations on the less interesting skins we already have, which makes them cheap to produce and also not interesting.

Myself, I'd like to see things more in the style of the original racial skins. Something with flare, a bit more daring.

I feel like Anet is forgetting that a lot of the appeal of the game is fashionwars and I don't feel like there has been much to help there in the last few years.

It's certainly a personal opinion but put another way, I don't really feel compelled to purchase or pve-pursue any of the skins for the last year. Coupled with mostly static wvw, and I'm not playing much. 

But that's just me.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, DarcShriek.5829 said:

You can never have enough awesome looking armor sets.

Whatever the undefined "awesome" might be. I'd say that's entirely personal. 

That said, I do think that light legs can use some help.

But mostly I would like Anet designers to have mixing and matching in the back of their minds when designing new skins. There are various lengths to chest and leg pieces, that don't match. There are different widths to armor pieces so that mixing different ones just looks weird. 

Again, "awesome" is in the eye of the beholder, but there are many things Anet could improve on, that make mixing and matching a lot easier. 

Edited by Gehenna.3625
  • Like 4

26 minutes ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

Whatever the undefined "awesome" might be. I'd say that's entirely personal. 

That said, I do think that light legs can use some help.

But mostly I would like Anet designers to have mixing and matching in the back of their minds when designing new skins. There are various lengths to chest and leg pieces, that don't match. There are different widths to armor pieces so that mixing different ones just looks weird. 

Again, "awesome" is in the eye of the beholder, but there are many things Anet could improve on, that make mixing and matching a lot easier. 

What's your point?  Did you really think someone would think my point was absolute?  I stand by my statement that one can never have too much awesome armor,  nor can one ever have enough.

At what point will GW2 have enough awesome armor.  How much is enough for you that they never need to make any more armor ever again?

Edited by DarcShriek.5829
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, DarcShriek.5829 said:

What's your point?  Did you really think someone would think my point was absolute?  I stand by my statement that one can never have too much awesome armor,  nor can one ever have enough.

You're seeing an attack where there was none. The poster seemed to be simply commenting on "awesome" being subjective and expand on what they personally felt awesome to mean.

• Like 6