Spinal Shivers 7k-9k at 1200 range LMAO

solemn.9670

49 minutes ago, Mik.3401 said:

Ii think you are provoking some sort of argument here for no reason. Comparing FA weaver to overpowered builds is just laughable. High burst can be done by anyone, power Mesmer/Ranger/Berserker can do it by clicking 2-3 buttons. As FA you need to sweat more to do it. 
Whereas necro for instance has easy burst + good sustain on every build. As FA you need to watch your every step not to be wiped.

And these are Just the power builds which have hard time with cele condi spammers who dominate.

So it makes you come off as someone who never played it just got clapped by it.

Literally three other classes were indirectly mentioned before my comment, I just added my part.

If something is OP, it doesn't matter if is hard or not, it shouldn't exist. Being "hard to play" is far from an excuse.

The forecast from above remains true btw, seems like ele players have some sort of sixth sense to feel when someone mentions their class.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

18 hours ago, solemn.9670 said:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Spinal_Shivers

Usually get hit for around 7k

No risk, all reward

EZ 7k to 9k hit on a player with no skill involved

Cooooooooooooooooooooooool

edit: solo roaming context

cry about spinal shivers, which is slow and only punished crazy boon overloading O K back to fortnite lmfao

the coefficient nerfs and all the billion scourge nerfs made it tedious enough anyways. clouds are a slugfest of CC spam and condi kitten bursts, paired with nearly 2k ranged rangercrap (+longer cause pets chase at times for absurd range)

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Mik.3401 said:

Ii think you are provoking some sort of argument here for no reason. Comparing FA weaver to overpowered builds is just laughable. High burst can be done by anyone, power Mesmer/Ranger/Berserker can do it by clicking 2-3 buttons. As FA you need to sweat more to do it. 
Whereas necro for instance has easy burst + good sustain on every build. As FA you need to watch your every step not to be wiped.

And these are Just the power builds which have hard time with cele condi spammers who dominate.

So it makes you come off as someone who never played it just got clapped by it.

So?  Spinal Shivers is counterable.  It's very easily dodged.  How much sweat one needs to play a build is meaningless in that context.

If someone is getting sniped at range with Spinal Shivers as they are teleporting away from a fight, what are you even looking at?  Bind that "look behind" key.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

It is very strong. But it also has a 1s cast time on the class with the least mobility and 2nd* worst access to stability meaning it's easily interrupted.

Outside the Scourge's Trail of Anguish which provides 1 puny stack of stability, necro's only stability source outside of shroud  or lich is well of power which lasts a grand total of 1s.

Furthermore, what else can necro kill you with at 1200 range to follow up on this? It's basically staff. So if you delete this skill, how exactly does necro deal with people that just turn around and walk away? Well, you can still do that now.

Also are we really gonna make threads every time we die? I guess that's content.

* I guess you could argue that Rev has worse access to stability and makes necro 3rd worst , because they would get locked into Dwarf.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

So?  Spinal Shivers is counterable.  It's very easily dodged.  How much sweat one needs to play a build is meaningless in that context.

If someone is getting sniped at range with Spinal Shivers as they are teleporting away from a fight, what are you even looking at?  Bind that "look behind" key.

It’s not about look behind (which I use anyway if it matters). What I mean is necro can go glass whilst remaining relatively tanky as far as glass goes. FA melts 5 times quicker whilst having comparable burst. That’s the point I make here. And yes spinal shivers is counterable I agree with you 100%

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, Telgum.6071 said:

Do people who write this stuff actually believe what they write?

100%, I play reaper and FA regularly in WvW, in sustain department Reaper is just better. Both are more delicate than the cele metas but here is no way FA is op as you suggest.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Mik.3401 said:

100%, I play reaper and FA regularly in WvW, in sustain department Reaper is just better. Both are more delicate than the cele metas but here is no way FA is op as you suggest.

Hey you won't see me saying FA in particular is OP, it was just another burst added to the list of the first page. Imo the only OP thing listed there is Nade.

That being said Reaper doesn't outsustain Weaver in any possible way. Reaper has to pressure from close range, and having only one stability source is heavily vulnerable to CC.

Weaver having multiple stability sources, projectile hate, boon stacking and CC spam, on the other hand... I don't know man, you can just look into whatever build site you want to see how the standard Reaper build runs Spectral Walk and the wurm minion, precisely because Reaper is generally a bad survivalist and only tanks NPCs. Sure, you can go yolo and use the shroud as shield but that is just trolling.

The downstate meme only works on reddit and the elementalist subforum. Talk about core Necro and maybe I'll agree.

Edited by Telgum.6071
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

On 2/6/2022 at 7:07 AM, Chaba.5410 said:

The same can be said of Spinal Shivers so I'm kind of confused as to your reasoning against it.

Dont absortion dome and reflects work against it?

11 hours ago, Za Shaloc.3908 said:

Only thing I would like to see change on it is for it to have a better tell as it can be a bit hard to see from 1200 range. 

That's actually (imo a serious problem)a problem game have rendering all the aoe stuff plus lots of cluttering effects... u should see when PoF came out a huge bright yellow light in the screen with just 10vs10

Most time only aoe will be rendered, rangers arrows and other range effects most time will just be damage in the  combat log chat...rendering stuff is something this game don't do well due how its ment to be just aoe spam combat.

Even when  i have my ventari dome up on small scale combatg situations, alll ic is the toon animation and then only the dome shield absorption animations... nothing more and i think myself "oh that was aimed at this direction lucky me"

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

Dont absortion dome and reflects work against it?

That's actually (imo a serious problem)a problem game have rendering all the aoe stuff plus lots of cluttering effects... u should see when PoF came out a huge bright yellow light in the screen with just 10vs10

Most time only aoe will be rendered, rangers arrows and other range effects most time will just be damage in the  combat log chat...rendering stuff is something this game don't do well due how its ment to be just aoe spam combat.

Even when  i have my ventari dome up on small scale combatg situations, alll ic is the toon animation and then only the dome shield absorption animations... nothing more and i think myself "oh that was aimed at this direction lucky me"

I have to say that I've never not seen my Shield of the Avenger not render... Even in Zerg fights...

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, Telgum.6071 said:

Hey you won't see me saying FA in particular is OP, it was just another burst added to the list of the first page. Imo the only OP thing listed there is Nade.

That being said Reaper doesn't outsustain Weaver in any possible way. Reaper has to pressure from close range, and having only one stability source is heavily vulnerable to CC.

Weaver having multiple stability sources, projectile hate, boon stacking and CC spam, on the other hand... I don't know man, you can just look into whatever build site you want to see how the standard Reaper build runs Spectral Walk and the wurm minion, precisely because Reaper is generally a bad survivalist and only tanks NPCs. Sure, you can go yolo and use the shroud as shield but that is just trolling.

The downstate meme only works on reddit and the elementalist subforum. Talk about core Necro and maybe I'll agree.

I think we refer to different FA builds. The FA weaver has little to no access to stability. Also the CC department - yes there is few of it but I wouldn’t say they outweigh the fear/chill spam and for instance 3s daze on elite (+ stability).

FA tempest can spam stab but its single target burst damage is worse than FA weaver.

Anyway I get what you mean FA is not op just has strong burst. I just wanted to underline that next to all else mentioned bursters FA is just so fragile it is not at all problematic for the game imho

Edited by Mik.3401
  • Confused 2

12 minutes ago, Mik.3401 said:

I think we refer to different FA builds. The FA weaver has little to no access to stability. Also the CC department - yes there is few of it but I wouldn’t say they outweigh the fear/chill spam and for instance 3s daze on elite (+ stability).

FA tempest can spam stab but its single target burst damage is worse than FA weaver.

Anyway I get what you mean FA is not op just has strong burst. I just wanted to underline that next to all else mentioned bursters FA is just so fragile it is not at all problematic for the game imho

I dont know about NA but I think what most call "FA weaver" isnt actually that. Its just a common calling name because well thats what we know as the "duelist" and "roamer" for eles. In practice, most weavers I meet is of a nasty presumably cele variant thats practically immune to condi, a ton of projectile hate, got insane healing sustain, very hard to CC and has enough power and so much comboed condi damage to kill anything they meet. The sustain in particular is how they win over time.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

38 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

I dont know about NA but I think what most call "FA weaver" isnt actually that. Its just a common calling name because well thats what we know as the "duelist" and "roamer" for eles. In practice, most weavers I meet is of a nasty presumably cele variant thats practically immune to condi, a ton of projectile hate, got insane healing sustain, very hard to CC and has enough power and so much comboed condi damage to kill anything they meet. The sustain in particular is how they win over time.

Do you mean freshair with sword? I have the scepter in mind but maybe I got it all wrong not sure 😅 I think freshair with sword is played only in PvE sometimes but again I don’t know anymore lol

Edited by Mik.3401
  • Confused 2

On 2/5/2022 at 11:26 PM, solemn.9670 said:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Spinal_Shivers

Usually get hit for around 7k

No risk, all reward

EZ 7k to 9k hit on a player with no skill involved

Cooooooooooooooooooooooool

edit: solo roaming context

Nothing wrong with Spinal Shivers. A good opener against anyone who rely heavily on boons. Especially the almost unkillable eles. I say often because it's easy to avoid if you are alert. Not very efficient against players in a squad/group either, but in a skill-chain works as a spike against yoloers and roamers with no blink. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, Za Shaloc.3908 said:

Only thing I would like to see change on it is for it to have a better tell as it can be a bit hard to see from 1200 range. 

Agree. It should have an animation like "Chilled To The Bone!" Have a full body icy explosive animation so you can see it better.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I have to say that I've never not seen my Shield of the Avenger not render... Even in Zerg fights...

I ment the range projectiles not being rendered, all u will see is combat logs with the absorbed skills by SoA.

This game is not good at rendering projectiles, outside 1v1 will be hard to notice.

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Confused 1