Do y’all consider dev time for suggestions you make.

8 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

How long would people estimate the dev time it takes to make a roughly 4x2 meter 3D box with 10 polygons (dont need the bottom), complete with an already existing game texture?

The cornerstone in WvW has been broken and invisible for 5+ years. 

ANET has released 2 full expansions and countless living stories in the time they've failed to dedicate the dev time needed for this.

Aaaaaaaaaany year now. 

That kitten is complicated!

Will it ever be possible?!??!

Doesn't even need to be made, since that asset already exists and just needs to be copied back into the empty spot.
But alas, it'll probably remain as it is until someone finds a way to record themselves doing something indecent through the crack... 🤫

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Ben K.6238 said:

Doesn't even need to be made, since that asset already exists and just needs to be copied back into the empty spot.
But alas, it'll probably remain as it is until someone finds a way to record themselves doing something indecent through the crack... 🤫

Copying existing assets just to speed up the devtime needed to make a new textured box and place it in WvW? Heresy! 

I mean what would the devs do with the 5+ years they had saved by not spending the obvious time they are doing on making a new box for this??? 

... wait is that how they actually had time make full expansions? Did the sacrifice of a WvW cornerstone save GW2 from content drought?

11 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Copying existing assets just to speed up the devtime needed to make a new textured box and place it in WvW? Heresy! 

I mean what would the devs do with the 5+ years they had saved by not spending the obvious time they are doing on making a new box for this??? 

... wait is that how they actually had time make full expansions? Did the sacrifice of a WvW cornerstone save GW2 from content drought?

Yes it did

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

The problem with most "balance" suggestions is that it would be more accurate to call them "imbalance" suggestions since they often tunnel vision on a single class or even a single build or role of a class.

Well, sure, most of suggestions in general are not well thought out. That does not mean there are no good (balance or otherwise) discussions and change suggestions. There's quite a lot of those, actually. And yes, some would involve a lot of dev time to implement, but that alone does not make them bad.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

10 hours ago, Ben K.6238 said:

Maybe they misplaced the assets the same way they lost the https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mist_weapons for a while. Those were somehow lost even though it was still possible to preview them in game.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

How dare we have opinions on a game we enjoy playing? 

I swear this is the only gaming community that attacks "progressive" ideas bought forward by players because of a perceived inability on the part of the devs. Let the dev's sort out what they can and can't do on their own, please. xD

Edited by Westenev.5289
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

When people use the term "should" or "it would be amazing" and other terms , it means suggestions , when i look into the forums posts i see ofc a few "orders" , but most people are just expressing an opinion , example : a lot of people wanted the switch familiar back for soulbeast , now we get it , and in some extension (trait wise) , we can also switch our pet while merged with it , this is an amazing idea , and i am pretty sure they looked up on the forums/reddit/whatever to take that idea .

So if we listen to you (OP) we "should" (see , no orders here only suggestions) not communicate our ideas , suggestions , bug report and let the game be like it is (it would be overly bugged if no bug report , just you know) and actually i am pretty sure most of the devs are happy to look into the forums , see constuctive ideas , some salty jokes about classes who need a deep inside look from devs ("elementalist downstate part of his rotation" or "the only difficult thing about mech pew pew rotation is to not fall asleep")  , this is how an online game work... Who loves well chatises as well anyway.

Edited by zeyeti.8347
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DarcShriek.5829 said:

There is no way for a player to know how much time would be required to implement a suggestion.  It really should not be considered.  It's the devs job to look at the suggestions, evaluate the time required and prioritize them, not the player.  Let the players request, and the devs decide.

100% this.  Just because something "might be easy" to implement doesn't make it a priority.

• Like 2

On 10/12/2022 at 2:13 AM, Balgorath.2604 said:

I'm pretty sure there's a huge difference between giving suggestions and demanding something be put in the game.....

Some people see them as the same thing and get extremely passionate about it as is evident with a few of those threads 😅

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/11/2022 at 7:13 PM, Balgorath.2604 said:

I'm pretty sure there's a huge difference between giving suggestions and demanding something be put in the game.....

I've read the OP's message but in spite of how short the post is, I cannot see where they said anything about "demanding". The title talks about suggestions and the body of the post talks of ideas. Also I checked and the post hasn't been edited but I still cannot find this "demanding" that you're talking about.

So that makes me wonder what your point actually is...

Edited by Gehenna.3625
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

I've read the OP's message but in spite of how short the post is, I cannot see where they said anything about "demanding". The title talks about suggestions and the body of the post talks of ideas. Also I checked and the post hasn't been edited but I still cannot find this "demanding" that you're talking about.

So that makes me wonder what your point actually is...

Reading comprehension seems lost this day and age.     The OP is baffled how people think that wild and crazy ideas are  possible to be created out of thin air.  Hence, demanding things get done right away.  Not sure how that's so difficult to figure out

Some of these people in this forum will shoot you down for making suggestions because they think that’s the suggestion is unrealistic.. 

Like someone earlier ask if  hats can be worn with outfits and half the Comments are like… 

no that’s asking to much 

that’s too hard 

no! 
its an outfit for a reason.. 

( I personally cannot stand these people) 

because you also don’t know what the devs are capable of..

people like the op should mind their own business.. if you don’t think something is possible move on and focus on topics that you agree with.. 

let people dream. 
let those dreams inspire and push the devs.

don’t disable the dreamers. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

54 minutes ago, Balgorath.2604 said:

Reading comprehension seems lost this day and age.   

How overly dramatic.

The OP is baffled how people think that wild and crazy ideas are  possible to be created out of thin air. 

Agreed to an extent. He never said "wild and crazy", so that is your personal interpretation.

Hence, demanding things get done right away. 

That, again, is your interpretation of what the OP said but it's not what the OP actually said. He stops at being baffled about it. 

Not sure how that's so difficult to figure out

It's "difficult to figure out" because it's not actually what the OP said and I'm not a mind reader really.

But before this becomes a forum fight, let me just say that at least I understand now how you arrived at that interpretation. You're free to reply to this post of course but this exchange has ended from my side. Again, just to prevent it from becoming a forum fight.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 10/11/2022 at 11:09 AM, captrowdy.9561 said:

Y’all know they can’t just create this stuff out of thin air. It baffles me that people come up with these wild ideas and think it’s possible. 

11 minutes ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

Agreed to an extent. He never said "wild and crazy", so that is your personal interpretation.

Ya, just crazy was a slip up.  Again, OP was wondering how people want things out of thin air, aka thats demanding, not suggesting so not sure how that is lost on you

Edited by Balgorath.2604

On 10/11/2022 at 1:09 PM, captrowdy.9561 said:

Y’all know they can’t just create this stuff out of thin air. It baffles me that people come up with these wild ideas and think it’s possible. 

Doesn't matter, they don't even communicate/interact let alone create based on players suggestions whether good or bad.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Balgorath.2604 said:

Ya, just crazy was a slip up.  Again, OP was wondering how people want things out of thin air, aka thats demanding, not suggesting so not sure how that is lost on you

No. Considering (or not) dev time when asking for something has nothing to do with whether someone suggests something or demands it. Someone can demand actual dev hours and money to be spent on something. They can also suggest devs wish things out of thin air. Those two things are completely unrelated.

And OP talked only about one of those things. The other you added to their post completely on your own. And that fact hasn't been lost on me.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Balgorath.2604 said:

Coming up with a wild idea is not a demand.  Insisting that the idea be implemented (ASAP!!!!!) is very different than conceptualizing and expressing it. 

• Like 2