Gyala Delves Feedback [Merged]

+ I like the zone aesthetic, the design is beautiful and unique. I love being in a underground area.

+ The meta is nice because it is "bite size", it's not a two hour commitment or anything, and I don't need to line it up with a timer on the wiki.

+ It feels rewarding.

- Story is short I guess. Doesn't bother me as it gave all the required pretext imo, but I can see how it would bother others.

- Gas mask mechanic is obnoxious 

- Boss has too much HP, I don't really mind it's simplicity.

Overall I like the release. The meat of its content is a bit on the light side but as someone who doesn't play all the time and enjoys open world maps when I do play it's a nice area to add to the repertoire of options available.

• Like 5

I finally got around to playing the new content late last night. It was not anywhere near as bad as some claim (IMO)...but not particularly good either. I agree with those noting that the environment(s) are excellent. But, and this is a huge but, the meta is one the most boring fights Ive played in GW2. 

BTW, I am not fond of the idea of buying keys for chests that are not a net gain.

• Like 7

To all the people saying the gas masks mechanic is obnoxious:

1. You can easily replenish it at each camp
  2. This is probably the anti-AFK farmer mechanic we can expect in the future. It forces you to stay active during the meta, which is shouldn't be a problem for an active participant, since the whole thing lasts ~35min. So you either take this or similar, or don't whine about AFK farmers. 
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

36 minutes ago, Kimppari.9427 said:

This is probably the anti-AFK farmer mechanic we can expect in the future. It forces you to stay active during the meta, which is shouldn't be a problem for an active participant, since the whole thing lasts ~35min. So you either take this or similar, or don't whine about AFK farmers. 

I don't whine about AFK farmers.  I report and move on.  So, now I'm punished for wanting to play casually by Anet forcing some undesired mechanic on me.  Maybe I don't want to do the meta on the map.  Maybe I'd like to simply solo around and enjoy other aspects of the map.  The gas mask requirement unnecessarily dis-incentivizes any play other than the meta.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

47 minutes ago, Kimppari.9427 said:

This is probably the anti-AFK farmer mechanic we can expect in the future. It forces you to stay active during the meta, which is shouldn't be a problem for an active participant, since the whole thing lasts ~35min. So you either take this or similar, or don't whine about AFK farmers. 

What kind of AFK farmers does this mechanic stop? You can AFK the complete meta at the starter zone without a mask. And then you get a mask and go to the final fight and your filter lasts long enough that you could stay afk the whole final fight.

To have to buy keys to loot all the boxes which results in a net negative is kind or more of an anti-afk mechanic than the filters.

P.S. I think both of them are bad design decisions.

Edited by Zok.4956
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

While I do like the story part, lovely map and the fast meta they should make refreshing the filters easier just by cliking the station once. Add a console next to the filter station where you can read the instructions and change the type if you want to, or likely even easier to add a "Filter Dispenser" which remembers your filter choice next to the station.

As sidenote: am pretty sure I have notifications turned off on my guild chat window but whenever doing this map the guild chat is filled with all the red haze alert messages from this area.

Edited by Jukhy.2431
  • Like 1

On 3/7/2023 at 12:43 PM, Esquilax.3491 said:

+ I like the zone aesthetic, the design is beautiful and unique. I love being in a underground area.

+ The meta is nice because it is "bite size", it's not a two hour commitment or anything, and I don't need to line it up with a timer on the wiki.

+ It feels rewarding.

- Story is short I guess. Doesn't bother me as it gave all the required pretext imo, but I can see how it would bother others.

- Gas mask mechanic is obnoxious 

- Boss has too much HP, I don't really mind it's simplicity.

Overall I like the release. The meat of its content is a bit on the light side but as someone who doesn't play all the time and enjoys open world maps when I do play it's a nice area to add to the repertoire of options available.

After doing the meta multiple times and the story a couple, I echo your opinion.  I actually like how I can jump in and not commit to a full hour or longer meta.  I've had some good rewards, made some gold off of loot.  Also nice way to get some EoD dailies done.  

Could it use some more, sure.  But as a half map essentially, it's very friendly for anyone who only has a limited time to play each day but still wants to get something done.  The air filters I still do not like, but they do keep afk'ers at bay lol.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Firebeard.1746 said:

I'm just a tad bit sad that fishing isn't a viable gold farm anymore since they added the pools with the higher legendary fish drops at the end of the meta. Ambergris is down 25% from last week. Pretty sure there's better things to do now. 

It's worse tbh that they didn't add a new set of fish + achievement for the new zone...is fishing dead as we know it?

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I have to agree with the others.

The area is very pretty, but I can't stop to look at it because of the meta.

The map closes immediately once the meta is done, so you can't enjoy it after either or run around and do the other stuff like the foxes.

This makes these map only metas super unenjoyable if you're not trying to do the meta.

But if you are....

It's still boring.  This is a boring meta of spamming AoE on damage sponges at the start, to damage sponges at the end.  Why not remove all but 2 phases of the final boss and speed things up?  Make a challenge mote if you want but as it is my brain goes numb just running my rotation over and over.

Why does every new map seem to give enemies more health?  

Edited by SinisterSlay.6973
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, SinisterSlay.6973 said:

It's still boring.  This is a boring meta of spamming AoE on damage sponges at the start, to damage sponges at the end.  Why not remove all but 2 phases of the final boss and speed things up?  Make a challenge mote if you want but as it is my brain goes numb just running my rotation over and over.

Why does every new map seem to give enemies more health?  

Having done it a few times now, I can’t help but wonder. Is Gyala Delve ArenaNet’s answer to the complaints about Dragon’s End?

”Okay, you don’t like a long, scheduled meta with more complicated mechanics? Here’s a repeatable, on demand meta where you stand in one place and spam the boss three times over.”

😄

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Having done it a few times now, I can’t help but wonder. Is Gyala Delve ArenaNet’s answer to the complaints about Dragon’s End?

”Okay, you don’t like a long, scheduled meta with more complicated mechanics? Here’s a repeatable, on demand meta where you stand in one place and spam the boss three times over.”

😄

It's just sad to know such beautiful art will be missed because no one has time to look at it, and the meta will be abandoned in short order.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Interested in more info about the changes from the recent patch notes. I will play later. But I might not notice it. Since I did not really farm the map so far.

This smells like a punishment for people that actually stayed in the cap. (Cause of not playing that much or playing multiple content - therefor not intending to farm the meta repeatedly.) Cause the adjustment for the caches opened with key cards ... most likely is reduction of the rewards that existed previously.  Where you'd need to play the map more than before to get the same amount of rewards. (With getting some of the key cards at a reduced rate later from drops.)

They should have considered lowering the drops from the caches after a certain amount maybe. (With still making the key cards unlimited and at a lower drop rate - instead of a cap.) Then for the base amount still keeping the usual rewardes.

Edited by Luthan.5236

I'm begging you Anet. Return Gyala the way it was. Don't let the complainers who repeat and no life a meta ruin it for the people who did it once a day. The keycard limit was fine. The loot was *chef kiss* perfect. 

Edited by Okhu.7948
  • Like 4
  • Confused 9

I have to say after this changes "based on player feedback", it's not worth to do the meta at all.

Keycard pricing had to be reduced, but... Who the kitten complained about a 50 key cap? Would allow you to do meta a couple of times a day if you wished and buy keys for the remaining chests.

Now you're spending your time in this worthless abyss hole for 3-7 unidentified rare gear (if you're lucky) because rewards were so heavily reduced that you spend your time doing this meta over and over while others do meta trains far more profitable, and thinking "what the hell happened to my life".

Even the Ancient chests - the now final meta chests - give the same rewards as mining chests, which is 1 or 2 unidentified uncommon gear and - make sure to get your extra magic find breather so you fully benefit from what's coming! - 1 or 2 gems.

Arenanet, your ability to kill your own fresh content is astounding.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Everwyn.8537 said:

Arenanet, your ability to kill your own fresh content is astounding.

They had help from the black-pilled whiny player-base who kept complaining about how much they hated Gyala Delves and how "Unrewarding it was" and "How kitten a keycard cap was".

• Confused 4

The nerf made this map obsolete. There is no need to do the meta anymore since G/h ist terrible now.

12 minutes ago, Okhu.7948 said:

They had help from the black-pilled whiny player-base who kept complaining about how much they hated Gyala Delves and how "Unrewarding it was" and "How kitten a keycard cap was".

The meta was actually very rewarding with easily 10+ G daily - more if you do fishing and are lucky with legendary fishes.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Finally someone who knows gph of this map and -even better- the gph after the todays changes. Could you please share the values?

Depends on luck. I usually made up to 13~15G before the nerf through selling unidentified gear (now it's more like 4~5G). You really really get a really lot less rare unidentified gear. You still have fishes though. There are two fishing holes with a really high chance for legendary fish. From what I've hear, you usually get 2-4 legendary fish, meaning 2-4 Ambergris = 3-6G. 20G per meta isn't all that bad. Doing a meta once per day is fine too. I don't really see a need why a map should be super repeatable - especially since Gyala's "endboss" is such a PITA.

Edit: You also got freshwater pearls from the bigger chests (usually 2-4 for me) and Luxon chests with exotic weapons (0-2 for me) and of course other event rewards.

Edited by Raizel.8175
  • Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, Everwyn.8537 said:

Even the Ancient chests - the now final meta chests - give the same rewards as mining chests, which is 1 or 2 unidentified uncommon gear and - make sure to get your extra magic find breather so you fully benefit from what's coming! - 1 or 2 gems.

The above is ALL i ever got from doing this rubbish Meta, a couple unids and a jewel. I compained about it in here and literally had it ignored or told that it 'wasnt' the ancient chests only that gave 'good' loot. I have the achievement for 75 chests open (i only only opened ancient ones) and i have not had any luxon chests, not one, or exotics or anything - so what are the chances of that? and now im told that the chests have been nerfed further?

Edited by Whirlygig.9685
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Whirlygig.9685 said:

The above is ALL i ever got from doing this rubbish Meta, a couple unids and a jewel. I compained about it in here and literally had it ignored or told that it 'wasnt' the ancient chests only that gave 'good' loot. I have the achievement for 75 chests open (i only only opened ancient ones) and i have not had any luxon chests, not one, or exotics or anything - so what are the chances of that? and now im told that the chests have been nerfed further?

I'm not sure, Whirl. When did you try exactly? Because when the patch was released they were not giving rare gear. It took a fix to change the loot aspect. Things like Luxon Chests and Chair or whatnot might depend on magic find, not certain. Luxon chests don't drop commonly, but often enough. From my experience 1-2 every two cycles in average.

On 3/1/2023 at 2:24 PM, Kimppari.9427 said:

Here is an updated impression from the META post-patch after the rare gear has been added again.
Full squad of 50 people.

Pros:

1. The map really feels fast-paced without any long downtimes where you need to wait for NPC talk, which gives it a nice feeling.
  2. - The part of destroying these gates and opening the further caverns with the turtles seems like a good design to me
  3. - The rare gear certainly makes things a bit better (post-patch)
  4. The improvement of camps spawns chests, which can be seen on the minimap. From Tier 1 to Tier 3, the amount of chests spawned increases.
  5. The mushroom queen and similar side champions are a fun thing to incorporate to a META like this, so it doesn't feel like the whole time you are on the same track. It adds some variety. I would suggest uncapping the miner key cards for those.

Neutral: 

1. Post-META champions: Nothing really do add here. Neither good nor bad. If anything, the only bad thing (IMO), is the fact that you need a lot of miner's key cards to open the chests. If that is fixed (as mentioned below), this can much more exciting.

Cons:

1. The Air filters: The additional 2 different filters that add concentration and magic find are a bad design/implementation in its current form. They replace the existing one, removing 30 charges.
    1. Change: A better idea would be to increase the research notes price from 5-20 and then stack the filter charges with the improved concentration and magic find. 
  2. Jade Miner's Keycard from Events: seems to be capped at a number seemingly low (30-50) per day per account. If true, this is horrible.
    1. Uncap the amount of key cards you can get from the events.
  3. Ancient chest: 35 chests per account.
    1. Uncap as well.
  4. Capturing points and Champions: the champions don't seem to drop anything worthwhile, even when scaled to the maximum. The best drop was: green UI gear and x2 canthan backpacks.
    1. Champions despawn once the zone is captured. Terrible design in my opinion, as you can just ignore them and capture the point. I hope this is a bug.
    2. Champion loot bags or extra miner's key cards to the champion drops are necessary in my opinion to make those actually worth doing.
    3. This applies to all the champions outside of camps as well.
  5. The end boss: mechanics still non-existent. So here is some feedback + suggestions.
    1. The souther platform boss does a slash that covers 40% of the platform, which does only very little to no damage and a knock back. Change: make it an instant downstate or push of the platform.
    2. The phases are just way too many. No need for that many phases, especially when NOTHING changes over the course of the next phase. Change: Reduce the number of phases on those last mini-bosses.
    3. Killing them individually or at the same time doesn't seem to make any difference. Change: Add enrage mechanics whenever one of the three has been killed. Similar to Voice and Claw (Strike Mission), the Southern platform miniboss can start spamming the knockback attack around him, once of the other two has died.
  6. Loot: Here is the loot I gathered after a complete rundown of the META from start to finish in approximately 40 min:
    1. 40 blue UI gear, 135 green UI gear, 35 rare UI gear, 12 bags of stolen loot, 3 Canthan Backpacks, 1 Jade Tech Lockbox, 1 x Mini Void Brandbeast, 2 Luxon Hunter's Weapon Caches, 1 x Long-Lost Tahkayun's Weapon Stash.

Conclusion: If key cards are not capped for doing events and all the events and champions drop 3-5 key cards each time, as they normally would do before the cap kicks in, I think this can be a good META to do.

Reveal hidden contents

My guess: We haven't seen the real boss yet, so I would cut them some slack on those 3 DISGRACES of "legendary" monsters.

Post patch 14/03/2023 Loot:
23 blue UI gear, 151 green UI gear, 14, rare UI gear, 24 bags of stolen goods, 1 Canthan Backpack, x2 Luxon Hunter's Weapon Caches,

1. 9 legendary fish (I didn't fish the first META)

Conclusion: Map is worse after the latest patch as of 14/03/2023. 

Pros:

1. The removal of the miner cards was positive.

Cons:

1. The adjustment of the loot table made the map META even worse, even with uncapped keys. Without the legendary fish, the META isn't really worth doing.
  • Sad 4

9 minutes ago, Raizel.8175 said:

Depends on luck. I usually made up to 13~15G before the nerf through selling unidentified gear (now it's more like 4~5G). You really really get a really lot less rare unidentified gear. You still have fishes though. There are two fishing holes with a really high chance for legendary fish. From what I've hear, you usually get 2-4 legendary fish, meaning 2-4 Ambergris = 3-6G. 20G per meta isn't all that bad.

Ok, thanks. If accurate, seems like a rather harsh nerf to rewards then. The legendary fish ratio checks out with what I experienced there too.

9 minutes ago, Raizel.8175 said:

Doing a meta once per day is fine too. I don't really see a need why a map should be super repeatable

This is what I agree with too. I think there should be variety of metas and I don't really see the point of constantly introducing metas that are infinitely farmable.

• Like 1