Gyala Delves Feedback [Merged]

thank you so much Anet for the changes, so much fun now, how could i ever  repay you? what? you whant my money? omg of course, of course, keep listening to the feedback from the people that dont know how to manage their keys. omg ty, so much keys now... no more freshwater pearls, black diamons and very tiny amount of rares but omg so much keys nows, so much fun

• Haha 6
  • Confused 2

Thank you Anet for turning a profitable map into a literal trash map because people couldn't handle daily keys. Now instead of 50+ rares I get 6 per run, and now could literally go to Dragonfall (AGAIN) to make double the money because apparently people just yelling enough on forums and in streams can get things nerfed.

Note, this map maybe took thirty minutes at most for a 15-20g profit. All the other metas take up to an hour or even two hours. But convenience I guess, amirite?

• Like 8
  • Confused 2

Speaking for myself, my own comments on the map were made before they actually added rares to the loot tables for most chests.  Before they made that change, the meta was absoultely not worthwhile with the pitiful number of keys you got.  After they added them in, it was probably a different story, but I haven't played the map since day 1.

The map may be worth much less to run now, but it is also much less frustrating than to see dozens of chests that you just can't open.

Edited by Drarnor Kunoram.5180
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

18 minutes ago, Vavume.8065 said:

Agreed this map was DOA, due to it being unrewarding. Anet need to hire someone that understands how rewards work.

The map wasn't unrewarding before. It was rewarding before and people complained because of the keys being daily capped. Now its unrewarding but people can suffer inside it as long as they want and get all the now useless keys they want.

• Like 8
  • Confused 1

A map with less than engaging meta bosses, and restricted exploration, having its rewards nerfed seems like a desire on the part of the developers to discourage players from partaking of the content. Too bad, the idea of  a map carved out of the depths of the Jade Sea had been very exciting for me. 

Combining this with the nerfs to WvW rewards leaves me to wonder what ANet wants from us as players.

Edited by Ashen.2907
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:

Speaking for myself, my own comments on the map were made before they actually added rares to the loot tables for most chests.  Before they made that change, the meta was absoultely not worthwhile with the pitiful number of keys you got.  After they added them in, it was probably a different story, but I haven't played the map since day 1.

The map may be worth much less to run now, but it is also much less frustrating to see dozens of chests that you just can't open.

You're not to blame, friend. Reality is the initial impression of the meta was indeed bad. There was an issue in the first day chests were not dropping rare gear. And I assume many retained that impression and moved on. But that issue was fixed and the map became profitable.

There was an issue with keys for sure. There was some sort of cap for keys drop at around 50 per day, with each run dropping about 25-35 keys. The rest you'd have to rely on buying from the vendor, which was hardly worth it as well due to the extreme cost. The amount of chests spawning compared to the keys obtained was extremely skewed, I believe they were hoping for players to rely heavily on the vendor and in turn get red of some material excess from the economy.. But who the kitten is going to buy keys for 75 resources a piece for the loot you get? None, of course. People would buy the first 5 keys from research notes and that was it.

There also seems to have been feedback (haven't read the thread) to make it a repeatable meta event, like Drizzlewood Coast. Of course a map with such profitability rate cannot be that repeatable and hence the nerf to the original state of the meta - the one you experienced day 1. But truth is, no player is at fault or should be responsible for their feedback. Problem is with the decision making, especially after the weak reception this patch has gotten.

The solution should have gone by increasing the amount of keys dropped & reduce the vendor costs for extras - but maintain a cap nonetheless or have diminishing returns from the chests themselves. If someone wants to do for the rewards, you'd need a run per day; if you wanted to do it for fun, you'd be rewarded for your time, just exponentially less. 

Currently, it's not worth to do a fully run of this map, the gold rate per hour is heavily reduced. IF you get lucky and get an ongoing map at the last stage, go for it. The chests from the final boss now don't require keys (so you don't need to participate much on other events for keys), you kill a couple of champions to use whatever keys you have and then fish for the ambergris. That is worth your time. But when considering doing a fully run, you're generally better off dedicating your time to other metas that are usually popular.

Edited by Everwyn.8537
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

One thing I thought was the previous bosses were supposed to have mechanics that the Last boss does not have. What is the point of learning the mechanics from previous bosses. To then not experience them on the final boss?

No bounty buffs, no destroy able targets to debuff the boss, and the whole phase where wwe are supposed to kill the demons before they get to the spheres? Pointless. Just one big long 4 part health bar.

• Like 3

I stopped playing on 2/15/23 as I wasn't having any fun.  I started playing in 2016 and quit after 2 weeks.  I bought POF/HOT when it was $15 at the end of 2021.  There was a lot of content, so I played for a year.  I think some of the classes are unplayable.  I did as many achievements as I could stand.  There is so much repetition with the same characters all the time. So much of the story is depressing with good characters dying.  I tried PVP and WVW and think they are way too repetitious.  I was hoping the 2/28/23 chapter would bring more content.  It was exactly one map with the worst of Drizzlewood Coast and Dragon's Stand in it.  It only took one day to finish the chapter.  I am totally sick of Gorrik and Taimi's whining, yelling, and crying.  So now I'm logging in every day for the dailies and waiting for the next event.  Otherwise, I've moved on to other games.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

1 hour ago, Dragenstein.2671 said:

I stopped playing on 2/15/23 as I wasn't having any fun.  I started playing in 2016 and quit after 2 weeks.  I bought POF/HOT when it was $15 at the end of 2021.  There was a lot of content, so I played for a year.  I think some of the classes are unplayable.  I did as many achievements as I could stand.  There is so much repetition with the same characters all the time. So much of the story is depressing with good characters dying.  I tried PVP and WVW and think they are way too repetitious.  I was hoping the 2/28/23 chapter would bring more content.  It was exactly one map with the worst of Drizzlewood Coast and Dragon's Stand in it.  It only took one day to finish the chapter.  I am totally sick of Gorrik and Taimi's whining, yelling, and crying.  So now I'm logging in every day for the dailies and waiting for the next event.  Otherwise, I've moved on to other games.

Can I have your stuff?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Having run through meta and story three times now, my main pain points are:

1) If you foolishly log out in any of the potentially haze-affected regions, you're pretty much guaranteed to have your character put into 'combat' (from taking damage and conditions from the haze) as soon as you log back in, meaning that you generally have to avoid mobs for long enough to get out of combat before using a portal scroll to leave (it's faster to return to the starting area by scrolling to Arborstone and returning via train than fighting your way back...). To add insult to injury, completing the final story instance will dump you right back on the boundary between the second and third haze zone (with no filter, naturally), even though the story instance ends with the PC recovering back at camp. At the very least, the story instance needs to exit into a safe, haze-free area.

2) Speaking of story, I think this is the first case where completion of the story feels dependent on the meta reaching a certain point (there are a few cases where an active meta might hinder you, but at worst you can wait those out, while here you need a certain amount of map progression in order to make it practical to complete the hotspot investigation phase. This is problematic for two reasons: first, because it means you have some players who'll be incentivized to abandon the meta partway through in order to complete story, and second, because it means that anyone who comes in during a quiet time looking to do story will be pretty much boned if there aren't enough people on the map to push the meta forward. Similar maps like Silverwastes and Drizzlewood have done reasonably good jobs of ensuring that it's generally always possible to progress the story, but Gyala relies on having access to a base that may or may not be in enemy hands at the time.

This makes me particularly concerned about the next part of the story, since if access to the entire second half of the map relies on completing the current meta, it might be available to people looking to do story for less than half of a map's lifespan.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Why the F they limit the daily ancient chests into 20 from 50 per day, and they didn't even mention in the patch note. Unless they increased the drop rate for the rare drops like the new tahyakun weapons from the ancient chests then it's a lot harder to get the drop for people like me who are trying to get the weapon as one of the main incentive to do the new meta.

The changes punished people who run the map casually for few times per day due to worse reward per run since most people are not going to reach the daily key cap limit unless you are some hardcore grinder.

And here I thought GW2 is trying to make the game more casual friendly.

Also it doesn't make sense to reduce the daily ancient chests limit if they want people to run the meta more often since you only get it at the end of the meta anyway.

Edited by Sentinel VX.1392
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

One of the few things I liked on this map was that the meta was fast and it wasn't a sluggish grind fest like Drizzle.

And people who have no clue always cry about profits. Always.

People cried for EOD metas even though they were super profitable. People cried for EOD maps in general even though you could make and can still make a ton of gold out of them quite casually.

And people cried over this map even though it was super profitable but only one time per day deal. Which I think is fair. A small nerf on the profitability was warranted I think. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

Do you guys really want to play the new content?You will find only frustrations from the new dev team changes (bad untested decisions) and new type of players (young generation) that knows only to play quantity and no quality games.This game is no more focusing in doing good for the community just interests in our pockets and time.They are lucky, I for example still enjoy doing fractals and raids for some hours a week, else it’s just time to play any other game in the market.So stop being delusional and think they care for real.

P.S.: I always laugh when they “balance” things like classes/professions !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

55 minutes ago, Bris.7984 said:

Do you guys really want to play the new content?You will find only frustrations from the new dev team changes (bad untested decisions) and new type of players (young generation) that knows only to play quantity and no quality games.This game is no more focusing in doing good for the community just interests in our pockets and time.They are lucky, I for example still enjoy doing fractals and raids for some hours a week, else it’s just time to play any other game in the market.So stop being delusional and think they care for real.

P.S.: I always laugh when they “balance” things like classes/professions !

I'll agree with the first part. The younger generation or people that cannot simply be BOTHERED to run a thirty minute meta always have some reason to open their mouth and always want some form of quantity and not really realizing the quality of something. Yes, the story wasn't amazing and the bosses were not the most intriguing but they literally gave us a gold maker on top of Drizzlewood (which takes way longer than Gyala) and Dragonfall (who fell from grace money-making wise). I don't know what is up with people in 2020s, but they really need to get it together. Not everything is going to be for everyone and literally trying to get everything changed to tailored to you is simply NOT fair because you get situations like this. Every. single. time.

We could blame Anet, but let's get real, Anet would've left this alone if people didn't complain about something as miniscule as dumb keys.

Edited by Dreams.3128
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

Hace 3 horas, Bris.7984 dijo:

¿De verdad quieren jugar el nuevo contenido? Solo encontrarán frustraciones por los nuevos cambios en el equipo de desarrollo (malas decisiones no probadas) y el nuevo tipo de jugadores (generación joven) que solo sabe jugar juegos de cantidad y no de calidad. Este juego es ya no nos enfocamos en hacer el bien a la comunidad, solo intereses en nuestros bolsillos y tiempo. Tienen suerte, por ejemplo, todavía disfruto haciendo fractales y redadas durante algunas horas a la semana, de lo contrario, es hora de jugar cualquier otro juego en el mercado. Así que dejar de ser delirante y pensar que les importa de verdad.

PD: ¡Siempre me río cuando "equilibran" cosas como clases/profesiones!

You like difficult content so much, there's what you mentioned, but open content isn't just for you

I've been running this map multiple times per day since release, trying to make it a profitable farm spot for not only Gold but Imperial Favor. I think it's a fun meta with a few flaws, but I didn't mind, I just enjoyed the new content.

UNFORTUNATELY they thought they listened to the community, but they only listened to the "not enough keys" part. Now they completely ruined the "farm" aspect of this meta by reducing the rewards too much

I completely get the "you're only supposed to do the meta twice a day" part with the 20 ancient outlaw's mining caches and the 4 fishing spots at the celestial pond, but currently it's not even worth doing it once.

Fix this please by reverting the changes to the regular caches, add more to the ancient outlaw's mining caches, reduce the amount of keys from events to 1 per event after you obtained 50 or 100 keys. Keep the 10 keys from doing the endboss.

And for the love of god, it was not profitable to buy keys before you changed it, nor is it worth now. Just remove it completely and keep the oppotunity to buy keys with research notes.

Edit: The way it is right now people will start joining squads, that are almost at the end of the meta, hit the endboss a few times, loot the ancient outlaw's mining caches, maybe kill the 4 remaining champs to loot all the regular caches and leave again. That's how maps die out :madge:

Edited by RandomJoy.7612
  • Like 9
  • Confused 1

As a casual player, it wasn't the key cap that was the issue, it was fully participating but only being able to loot a third of the chests after each event. It's just a weird feeling to be like, "Mkay, only open the red boxy chests, I guess, then move on?"

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On top of nerfing the loot while somewhat fixing the key issues, neither of the "listen to the log" collection achievements is working for me. Ongoing Investigations, I tried all ten logs and it's not tracking at all. For Sleuthing a Solution, the log isn't even showing up. Congratulations on already ruining your brand new map, ANet. How about focusing less on shiny stuff for the store, which we already have more than enough of, and more on making a properly polished game so that the profitability will take care of itself? Novel idea, I know...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1