What masteries do you want to see?

i like exploration a lot. so a mastery which let me find hidden doors, rooms, caves. 

inside could be all sorts of stuff. from chest to maths to ap to mobs with special loot.

another maybe fun is climbing 

and all kinds of Parkour moves for some fast paced JPs

every mastery who let me go back old maps again and find new ways to move around.

no power creep masterys tho plz and nothing i need go and charge up first with a temporary buff

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Allowing the beetle to take updraft and ley line , would franckly be super funny to see people crash all over the place  , especially myself.

Maybe another skill for mounts , like a nitro push making your mount +25-33% faster for like 5 secs , or a boost who make your next special mov. skill enhanced , rabbit going higher , raptor jump longer , skimmer floating very high , skyscale next 360 doing a 2x360 , griffon boost higher and more efficient while going up/down , next beetle nitro burn your wheels and goes fast and furious with 0 control.

16 minutes ago, Balsa.3951 said:

It could be fun , but i can't see how they would implement that with the skyscale being kind of a climbing mount, but we could be surprised !

• Like 1

A couple spring to mind actually...
* One that involves a number of deaths a character has when solo. 🙂 Ya know, to give something to very bad players and super new players as well to cheer about lol. Though, this might be better as an achievement. 🙂

* One that is given for doing a total map completion for a zone without using any mounts or gliding at all (especially for really had zones). 🙂

• Confused 5

I like the idea of implementing a rock climbing system of sorts as a new avenue to explore new maps with. Not really sure how to approach it exactly with skyscales being a thing, other than "no skyscale" zones, but it could be fun if done right.

I'd like some masteries that buff old mounts a bit and help improve their use in their niche. Springer, anyone?

I'd like to see something done to improve underwater, in general. Combat, but also movement and exploration. ...Then again I'm that weirdo who wants an underwater expansion in general. Deep sea stuff is cool.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'd like to see a couple of further features added to Skyscale (I'd be happy to see them just added regardless, but accessing through a mastery could work)

• Ability to toggle surface grabbling (like the ley-line toggle that was added) - a lot of the time I just want to fly past buildings /cliffs / trees without grabbing on to them
  • Removing the altitude drop-off - one of the most frustrating aspects of the Skyscale is ascending towards a target (using endurance) so that you are above / level with it (a ledge, or floating object  like motes or uplift generators) and then just getting lower and lower as you approach it, such that you end up too low and missing it.  

I'd actually like free-flight, but can't see it being added at this point on Skyscale as it would make some of the other Skyscale mechanics redundant.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Quirin.1076 said:

Masteries to actually mean something and to work on all maps.

Did you say "the ability to open these chests dotted around this specific map"?

Or did you say "the ability to receive some kind of boon, also on this specific map"?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Master Craftsman. A Core Mastery to have the choice to craft items in quantities of 10 or 50. 

Advanced Ley Line Waypoint reduction. We already have reduced waypoint reduction from Guilds. But since EoD you easily could spend 2 to 5G a day on quick travel. Most people don't even notice how much it costs. (20s to go up and down from EotN to Keinung for example) A 50 % reduction would be wonderful. 

Masteries like this. 

And I know this is not what a lot of people want, but a way to spend "leftover" Mastery points. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'd like the springer jump to function more like the raptor where it jumps on key press instead of release. Then I'd like to see a mastery that gives the springer a double jump.

I'd love a mastery to mount and dismount any mount in the air. Dismounting the beetle is kind of a pain. Having to wait until I touch water before I can summon the skimmer is a minor inconvenience.

Combat mounting CD could use a reduction. It feels awful when it's accidentally used up.

A mastery to mount the turtle in combat would also be useful.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, BlueJin.4127 said:

I'd like the springer jump to function more like the raptor where it jumps on key press instead of release.

I think it is on release so that you can vary the height of the jump.  Not sure that could be changed without changing how it functions.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, BlueJin.4127 said:

Combat mounting CD could use a reduction. It feels awful when it's accidentally used up.

It's an annoyance how you can waste a cooldown by trying to mount a bit too soon after combat. I'd love it if the regular Skyscale mount key wouldn't do a combat launch when the regular mounting ability is still locked. There's a keybind for the combat mount mastery, why not make us use that?

• Thanks 1

What masteries I want to see?

• Dungeon dweller: There is the fractal attunment mastery, so I don't see why we couldn't get a dungeon related mastery. Maybe, it could even make dungeon paths more attractive.
  • Honorary skriit: It would improve gathering and recycling. (chance to get a critical and get gemstones while gathering. Passively increase number of gathering/recycling charges from tools bought to the merchants... etc.)
  • [non playable race]'s heritage: Purely cosmetic mastery. You'd unlock it by getting all weapon skins related to this race and then you could ultimately unlock an outfit based on each of these races. (I mean, there are many non playable humanoid races while the black lion compagny is able to release outfits/skins at an incredible rate, this kind of mastery shouldn't be difficult to implement.)
  • Like 4

On 1/4/2024 at 5:09 AM, Balsa.3951 said:

i like exploration a lot. so a mastery which let me find hidden doors, rooms, caves. 

inside could be all sorts of stuff. from chest to maths to ap to mobs with special loot.

and all kinds of Parkour moves for some fast paced JPs

every mastery who let me go back old maps again and find new ways to move around.

no power creep masterys tho plz and nothing i need go and charge up first with a temporary buff

Really like these ideas as well.

The first one could be like the Light of Deldrimor from GW1 that did exactly what you described and could easily add tons of fun, new, discoverable content to old maps.

I would also like some kind of climbing/parkour/general athletics-type mastery that lets you do additional physical-based moves in combat, as well as climb surfaces with your bare hands/tools. Kind of like what the scrapped spider mount sounds like it was meant to do, so it seems like that feature was at least considered at some point in development (before being partially merged into the Skyscale).

On 1/4/2024 at 6:25 PM, Kiki.9450 said:

I like the idea of implementing a rock climbing system of sorts as a new avenue to explore new maps with. Not really sure how to approach it exactly with skyscales being a thing, other than "no skyscale" zones, but it could be fun if done right.

I'd like some masteries that buff old mounts a bit and help improve their use in their niche. Springer, anyone?

I'd like to see something done to improve underwater, in general. Combat, but also movement and exploration. ...Then again I'm that weirdo who wants an underwater expansion in general. Deep sea stuff is cool.

Yeah underwater is heavily underused. 

I hate to say this but it even seems like they dont even care if the new e specs work underwater. Talking about mechanist not working underwater or virtuoso not having blade skills underwater (except shatters, but theres almost no blade generation without dagger). Engineer and mesmer having no real condi weapon underwater. Sorry to the other professions. I didnt really play anything underwater except ele, mesmer or engi so i dont know about other profession issues underwater.

So yes, I d like to have more underwater stuff but this also requires them to rework/buff some underwater weapons and e spec mechanics.

I didnt really find anything in the Wiki to that area but i saw it on the map and thought that one may be be nice. Janthir bay.

To be honest i think the whole north and West of divinitys reach is heavily underused. There is also a Lake West to divinitys reach, tho considering the size of this Lake it feels more like a sea, because its the size of silverwastes and dry top together. The tarnished Coast could also be used. 

The tarnished Coast and janthir bay have 1 thing alike. They both look like they have a lot of water with some mountain-like islands at the Coast. And since i saw 3 features mentioned a lot here (climbing, cave discovering and underwater) these maps would be perfect for that:

A cave searching and/or climbing lizard/Gecko and diving whatever. I know we have skimmer already, but its not a typical diving mount because its faster above the water than underwater. I m talking about something with real focus on underwater. So basically 2-3 new mounts.

Just some random ideas tho. Its unlikely we get something like that.

Underwater in gw2 could be so great, sadly seems abandoned tho.

Edited by SeTect.5918
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1