[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

14 hours ago, mrjohnnypricejr.8152 said:

Would pay lots of gems for this.

Please, no. Since the portals themselves were pretty easily available with in game currency, the tome should be as well. As the tome of tomes, it can take a little more currency, but don't make this a "buy gems or be annoyed" situation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Dear Arenanet,

Please change Jade Tech Wings Glider sound effect to be more suitable to its jade tech nature. The current sound feels more of Zephyrite made wood and cloth glider. But I hope it won't become something too noisy either. 

Thank you.

Link to sound effect: 

Edited by phandaria.4891

• phandaria.4891 changed the title to [BLTC] Change Jade Tech Wings Glider sound

Thousand Seas Pavilion

• Fixed an issue in which the Mystic Forge would transform mounted players that were just passing through.
  • Greatly increased the duration of random transformations made in the Mystic Forge.
  • Fixed an issue in which the Mysterious Waters Fish nodes could sometimes become invisible.
  • Heavy Target Golems are no longer champions.
  • Indestructible Target Golems are now champions.
  • Added the Eye of the North to the list of fast-travel destinations.

so why can't the other "passes" have access to Eye of the North? Why wasn't this function added to all passes since it's still a main hub and has function for strike missions still in use? Can we have it as an option, please?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Put Glob of Dragonvoid Aether on the trading post. Edit: it's on the trading post now so this is irrelevant.

Also, it would be nice to have a system where you can eventually earn the void infusion without the ridiculous RNG factor. Reality is, getting ANY infusion drop from any world boss is like winning the lotto. Chances are you'll never get it, no matter how many times you defeat the bosses - even thousands of times... I'd like to see more account bound, earnable, ways of obtaining infusions.

Why is it that it's easier to save up money for these rare infusions and buy them off the lucky few who are perhaps a little naïve to the extreme rarity of them, than to defeat a world boss a thousand times and still not receive a high end reward? Why not at the very least include options for players to get the item they want, after X amount of defeats, and have it rewarded as an account bound version instead, so that there's still incentive to defeat the boss for the tradeable drop while increasing the incentive to defeat world bosses? The reward system needs a major improvement overhaul.

A prime example of bad rewards is the frost citadel meta. It's a waste of time because most of the time all you get is blues and greens from all the end chests. I was extremely lucky ONE time (out of about 15 frost citadel metas) and got ONE tonic of icebrood corruption. So I'd probably have to do the citadel meta at least 7,500 times (based on if I got one tonic every 15 metas) in order to get the frost infusion. Does Anet realize how long that would take? I don't know about you, but I don't have a whole lifetime to do that, and neither does the average player. It's unrealistic

The reward system in GW2 is an absolute joke and the laughing stock of the MMORPG world. We need more account based infusion rewards that are earnable through time, effort, gold/currency etc. rather than a 1 in 1,000,000 drop rate chance from a meta.

Edited by Zaoda.1653
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Zaoda.1653 said:

Put Glob of Dragonvoid Aether on the trading post. Apparently a couple people have obtained the item so far (lucky them), so why is it not available on the trading post yet? Please don't tell me this is yet another 'Piece of Dragon Jade' mess up where it was forgotten to be added to the trading post...

Also, it would be nice to have a system where you can eventually earn the void infusion without the ridiculous RNG factor. Reality is, getting ANY infusion drop from any world boss is like winning the lotto. Chances are you'll never get it, no matter how many times you defeat the bosses - even thousands of times...

Why is it that it's easier to save up money for these rare infusions and buy them off the lucky few who are perhaps a little naïve to the extreme rarity of them, than to defeat a world boss a thousand times and still not receive a high end reward? Why not at the very least include options for players to get the item they want, after X amount of defeats, and have it rewarded as an account bound version instead, so that there's still incentive to defeat the boss for the tradeable drop while increasing the incentive to defeat world bosses? Why is it that after all these years, the reward system is still so abysmal and lacking?

Don't even get me started on the frost citadel meta and what a waste of time that one is too... most of the time all you get is blues and greens from all the end chests. I was extremely lucky ONE time (out of about 15 frost citadel metas) and got ONE tonic of icebrood corruption. So yeah, I'd probably have to do the citadel meta at least 7,500 times (based on if I got one tonic every 15 metas) in order to get the frost infusion. Does Anet realize how long that would take? I don't know about them, but I don't have a whole lifetime to do that, and neither does the average player. It's unrealistic and idiotic.

The reward system in GW2 is an absolute joke and the laughing stock of the MMORPG world.

Do you mean for ArenaNet to add some Globs to the Trading Post that weren't acquired by players?  Because Glob of Dragonvoid Aether is already able to be traded on the Trading Post. 

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Glob_of_Dragonvoid_Aether

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Echo_of_the_Dragonvoid#itemct97993 (See Notes)

15 hours ago, Zaoda.1653 said:

Put Glob of Dragonvoid Aether on the trading post. Apparently a couple people have obtained the item so far (lucky them), so why is it not available on the trading post yet? Please don't tell me this is yet another 'Piece of Dragon Jade' mess up where it was forgotten to be added to the trading post...

Also, it would be nice to have a system where you can eventually earn the void infusion without the ridiculous RNG factor. Reality is, getting ANY infusion drop from any world boss is like winning the lotto. Chances are you'll never get it, no matter how many times you defeat the bosses - even thousands of times...

Why is it that it's easier to save up money for these rare infusions and buy them off the lucky few who are perhaps a little naïve to the extreme rarity of them, than to defeat a world boss a thousand times and still not receive a high end reward? Why not at the very least include options for players to get the item they want, after X amount of defeats, and have it rewarded as an account bound version instead, so that there's still incentive to defeat the boss for the tradeable drop while increasing the incentive to defeat world bosses? Why is it that after all these years, the reward system is still so abysmal and lacking?

Don't even get me started on the frost citadel meta and what a waste of time that one is too... most of the time all you get is blues and greens from all the end chests. I was extremely lucky ONE time (out of about 15 frost citadel metas) and got ONE tonic of icebrood corruption. So yeah, I'd probably have to do the citadel meta at least 7,500 times (based on if I got one tonic every 15 metas) in order to get the frost infusion. Does Anet realize how long that would take? I don't know about them, but I don't have a whole lifetime to do that, and neither does the average player. It's unrealistic and idiotic.

The reward system in GW2 is an absolute joke and the laughing stock of the MMORPG world.

They have an aurene weapoms box from one of the pof metas, everyrime you dont get it your chances go up to get it. They need an incentive program for this by now. Its 2022 and they still stick to rng, a dying and overly used mechanic. I wanted something a bit more inventive

• Like 1

Move the 'Activity' achievements(Sanctum Sprint, Crab Toss, Keg Brawl, etc) from the Competitive category to the General category.

a lot of these activities are pretty fun for PvE players, and have a decent chunk of achievement points for people that want to farm that kind of thing; but i feel like they're buried away at the bottom on the Competitive category where only the hardcore PvP and WvW players will look.

• Like 2

On 4/18/2022 at 12:06 PM, ZioMick.2341 said:

It would be nice to have only one tome to collect ALL the portal scrolls

This is a great idea. To be perfectly honest I would appreciate a way to consolidate some Gizmos as well: Karmic Converter, Maguuma one, Singularities, Herta, Princess. Can we keep them all in 1 shared/inventory slot?
I kind of stopped using most of them cuz I just don't have all of them on me when I play the game.

• Like 3

Yes, please change this.  The sound effects make no sense at all for a Tech glider.

I want this for my mechanist but I'm not going to gamble with keys if it doesn't have a cool sci-fi sound.. thats like the whole point of the jade tech stuff.  

Also, that new jade tech pistol skin fires normal bullets and is kind of a downer considering I thought it would fire green blasts...

Edited by Stx.4857
  • Like 1

• Give the Candy Corn Gobbler the same functionality as the Snowflake Gobbler, where you can exchange the candy corn instantly for bonuses via a candy corn gobbler interface.

It's exhausting trying to get enough XP bonus for WvW using the candy corn gobbler with all the transformations etc. - I use the snowflake gobbler all the time for the very reason that it's so much quicker and more convenient than the candy corn gobbler, and I've had the candy corn gobbler for ages, but I hardly use it because it's so annoying to use to get the XP bonuses I want for WvW.

• Be able to 'unlock' the Spiked Choya Psionic Tonic via 'Novelties' - so it doesn't waste a space in the bank for a whole year before you can use it again.

• Add more things to purchase with Skirmish Claim Tickets - I have 26,501 of them and I have nothing worth spending them on.

• Add an item which automatically destroys (or converts into jade slivers?) items to prevent bank clogging. Things/excess junk like eternal ice shards, ornate rusted keys, treasure hunting kits, congealed putrescence, prismaticite crystals, etc.
Edited by Zaoda.1653
added suggestions
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Please create ascended, "group share" versions of the slaying potions.

I run dungeons (yes, really) to unlock the old rewards and I would love to be able to drop a shared ascended potion for my group that allows them to get the buff that will help in the dungeon.

Edited by Silverpoopoo.1476
  • Like 1

I just made the Endless Hermit Crab Tonic and I was surprised that it couldn't be added to the Novelties section of the Wardrobe... so: could the six EoD Endless Underwater Tonics be added to the Wardrobe?

And along the same lines I suppose: could the five PoF music boxes be added to the Novelties section as well?

Intuitively both sets of items would fit there (plus it would save 11 inventory slots...) 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Six?! :classic_ohmy:

Dolphin, Hermit Crab, Thundershrimp, Cave Crab, Shark, and Koi. It'd absolutely be nice if they behaved more like the other infinite tonics, especially when they're so time-consuming/expensive to make. I made a thread about their shortcomings right after they were released (they can't jump, can't be added to the novelties wardrobe, expire after 15 minutes) but it was sent to die in the suggestions megathread. Maybe this one will get seen by the dev responsible for for novelties. 🤞

• Like 2

Could we get an option in the inventory that makes the shared inventory slots to stay visible all the time when scrolling through the inventory. I tend to have an Invisible Bag at the very ane of the inventory where for example my unid Gear goes. Every once in a while I have to salvage that stuff using the Unbreakable Salvage Kit in the Shared Inventory. For doing so I have to constantly scroll to the very top for salvaging and than back to the very bottom for identifying. having the shared slots visible all the time, therefore also when scrolling to the very end of the map would greatly improve the experience.

• Like 1

Hello, 

Just a few privacy suggestions:

1. Please allow to choose what is visible about account’s character when online. For example, would be nice to opt out of sharing my location with guilds/friends/followers. Or even from sharing what character I am currently on. 

2. Would be nice to choose to display or not to display what character you’re currently on while still be able to remain online and whisper/communicate with other players.

3. Prohibit blocked contacts to follow/friend you and view your characters names and locations. Also prohibit to view blocked contacts’ character names and locations as well because this can be exploited.

Thank you!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Alester.7063 said:

Could we get an option in the inventory that makes the shared inventory slots to stay visible all the time when scrolling through the inventory. I tend to have an Invisible Bag at the very ane of the inventory where for example my unid Gear goes. Every once in a while I have to salvage that stuff using the Unbreakable Salvage Kit in the Shared Inventory. For doing so I have to constantly scroll to the very top for salvaging and than back to the very bottom for identifying. having the shared slots visible all the time, therefore also when scrolling to the very end of the map would greatly improve the experience.

If you collapse the bags between the top and bottom, you won't have to scroll.  Or...the shared slots can be moved either above all regular bag slots, or below them. This is done by dragging the slot, much like you would with a bag.

Hello,

Could be that I'm the only one but could we have a squad LFG for Guild Plaza instead of only party? I'm trying to do some commanding while I'm recruiting but apparently I can only either do commanding or "waiting idle" in a party looking for other players. (So that I could do some World vs World as well for example and still be in a squad instead of just a party of 5, world vs world is a bit bigger for that)

Thank you if this is going to be implemented. I think this concerns a lot of guild leaders because they are all in the squad raid section and  central Tyria squad section because of its squad features so I'm not speaking only for my own. I never see other guilds advertise in other party sections. You know the guild is more than a party recruitment, it can be a squad recruiting (guild missions and such).

Thanks in advance.

Greetz,

Dexterity

Please, may we have an option to keep our mech stowed when changing maps/instances. It just gets in the way in non-combat areas. Since all mechs look the same, the is no aesthetic motivation to have your mech deployed and they just crowd the map with erratic green blobs, making it difficult to see vendors. It would be the epitome of a quality of life change to not have to actively stow it with every map change, like I do now. Thanks a bunch!

If I may slip into character for a moment, we engineers put a lot of planning into designing and implementing the Crash Down feature and it feels like some wires must be crossed in the remote since it's always triggering without our input.