Meta Griefing

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Anet, remember when this thread showed up a year or so ago, and again before that, and before that?

@"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:What ANet could do is have the chest contents go into your inventory, just like the chest contents for Teq and Shatterer go into your inventory at the end of the event. People can drop those items all they want then and it won’t matter.

That would effectively be "auto-loot on proximity". Do you really want that?

Loot isn't the only thing that needs work on prioritization of the interaction popups. Rezzing needs to be reworked as well.
Something like this (highest priority first):

-Rez downed player--Rez dead player/NPC

@Neural.1824 said:Hey Anet, remember when this thread showed up a year or so ago, and again before that, and before that?

@"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:What ANet could do is have the chest contents go into your inventory, just like the chest contents for Teq and Shatterer go into your inventory at the end of the event. People can drop those items all they want then and it won’t matter.

Loot isn't the only thing that needs work on prioritization of the interaction popups. Rezzing needs to be reworked as well.

Why not have auto loot on proximity for those chests? That’s exactly what the mastery for auto loot is, is already in game for some meta event chests and would remove the trolling on them.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

@Neural.1824 said:Hey Anet, remember when this thread showed up a year or so ago, and again before that, and before that?

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:What ANet could do is have the chest contents go into your inventory, just like the chest contents for Teq and Shatterer go into your inventory at the end of the event. People can drop those items all they want then and it won’t matter.

Why not have auto loot on proximity for those chests? That’s exactly what the mastery for auto loot is, is already in game for some meta event chests and would remove the trolling on them.

I like to control what chests I spend my keys on, thank you. Auto-loot anything that doesn't require keys, but not the Hot chests and especially not those that have different types (like Airship Cargo and Exalted Chests).

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

I think Tanner's point is where the problem is. Not everyone running through loot places like AB wants to collect all the chests.

A solution would be to limit the auto-loot range for those items to their model structure, which would then solve the problem.

To be clear, I'm not against this idea. Would love to have it added to the auto-loot mastery, I just think there are some decent points that need to be considered first.

A couple of 6-12 month bans, with publishing list of banned accounts and offence that led to ban = trolls leave the game.Screenshots as proof, with let's say 3 strikes policy (there needs to be some wiggle room for error - someone could actually place merchant by mistake, but not 3 times)

This is my preferred solution to trolls, win trader, verbal abusers....why, this is my preferred solution to all player-caused problems in the game XD

ArenaNet is able to change interact priority on objects. Almost all of the solutions suggested for this problem are insane. There are very few scenarios where one might want to use a portal or a feast over another interactable object (only sPvP or WvW in some rare cases). Or just to fix these problems, they should increase the interact priority of all Exalted Chests and Crystallized Supply Caches to be second-highest, only below what you have clicked. They've done it before and can do it for this.

@Endless Soul.5178 said:

@"Goettel.4389" said:Not saying it's not true, but I've been grinding VB/AB/TD/DS for more than a year and I've never had this problem.

Really? That's interesting, because I've been doing the same thing and I see what op is talking about
all the time

Maybe an EU != USA thing? Just guessing.

Side note, might be a good time to alter [Permanent] Black Lion Merchant Contract and [Permanent] Trading Post Express Contract, which are spawning an NPC catching interactions for every one yet only works for his owner.

Instead they should simply open a GUI window like the [Permanent Bank] Access Contract.

With all that intended trolling there is little need for inadvertent.

@"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:They really need interact priority.

-Collect resource--Open chest---Interact Banner----Interact Vendor-----Interact NPC-------Interact Toy/Portal

"Just interact with it by clicking on it" is not a good solution when it ought to be effort to click on the undesirable.

Interact with downed before dead ...

I saw a lot of posters say to just select the target. "Select" being my generic term for a number of things, like double-click.

Please explain how. You can't just select the chest. You select an item, and the game doesn't allow you to choose which object. Whatever is "on top" is what you get.

What's needed is a "select next object", similar to a selecting an enemy multiple times. Or a dead zone. But, not lame instructions that do not explain how.

@Gambino.2109 said:Oh and some mesmers have found a way to lodge themselves at a high enough distance to place a portal that leads to a quick fall.. so those with slow reaction speed would get killed.

I doubt there's much anet can do about this

Why do players automatically run for every portal exeunt they see? Use your common sense and feel out the situation. ?

I once had a person lose their shit because they took my portal that set them back at a jumping puzzle. They started flaming me in map chat. ? That portal was MY safety net. I never advertised in map chat that I was porting/assisting anyone.

@Dreygor.8597 said:

@Gambino.2109 said:Oh and some mesmers have found a way to lodge themselves at a high enough distance to place a portal that leads to a quick fall.. so those with slow reaction speed would get killed.

Why do players automatically run for every portal exeunt they see? Use your common sense and feel out the situation. ?

I don't think Gambino is talking about people who wanted to use the portal that was dropped there. They're talking about when a mesmer (or someone with one of the portal devices/toys) drops one end of the portal at a high spot or far away and then drops the other end on top of a chest, meaning that anyone who was trying to open the chest as the portal activated would then be portaled away.

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:

I don't think Gambino is talking about people who wanted to use the portal that was dropped there. They're talking about when a mesmer (or someone with one of the portal devices/toys) drops one end of the portal at a high spot or far away and then drops the other end on top of a chest, meaning that anyone who was trying to open the chest as the portal activated would then be portaled away.

I suppose that makes more sense, haha. I guess just be mindful of the timing? If you can manage it, there's a chance to take the same portal back to the chest or if you hear one put down just hold off on opening that chest? ? It's stupid for sure but not the most troll-y of actions.

I am often in a hurry to get a good map for the next event anf just hit f as I get near the chests. I would qualify this a qol but it would be nice to foce a radius around chests and nodes. When there is a mass group around a chest/node they are hard to see. I think this is similar to a thread I started.https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/40188/banner-merchant-drop-location#latest

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:

@"Gambino.2109" said:Oh and some mesmers have found a way to lodge themselves at a high enough distance to place a portal that leads to a quick fall.. so those with slow reaction speed would get killed.

In WoW, a mage can learn to make a portal that takes people high above a crater, and they fall to their death:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=82470/ancient-tome-of-portal-dalaran#comments

@kurfu.5623 said:

@"Gambino.2109" said:Oh and some mesmers have found a way to lodge themselves at a high enough distance to place a portal that leads to a quick fall.. so those with slow reaction speed would get killed.

In WoW, a mage can learn to make a portal that takes people high above a crater, and they fall to their death:

Yup. I might or might not have done that to my husband before . . .

Archived