Should We Get A Leak For New Cantha Class Specializations Right Now?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. We are not entitled to anything of the sort, so to say something like "we should have this" makes no sense to me. You might want it, but that doesn't mean you should have it.

I don't really care when they want to share more information so long as its when they are ready to release it. I think at this point such details are volatile and can change several times between not and release.

@Xca.9721 said:I hope there will be leaks, remember what hype they generated last time with PoF? Also we all know that Anet doesn´t really advertise their game (hopefully it´s different this time), so leaks would be better than nothing

That's what I'm talking about ^

Even if they fake leak it and make it look like a non-anet source leaked, it needs to happen.

@Solanum.6983 said:A preview or teasers would be nice but much later down the line.The expansion isn't coming till some time in 2021 releasing teasers now wouldn't be the best idea since you want all the hype close to the release date.Yeah its still early.

We can tell because Anet still hasnt released a patch that make a single class so OP it dictatate the entire WvW meta and make WvW fester like an open wound for 8 months until they can fix it 1 week after the new expansion release and everyone is already playing the even more OP expansion elites.

So at least 8 months out.

@Dante.1508 said:Kinda like Christmas myself..

I'd be so hyped for Ninja Skritt tho

@lokh.2695 said:I can do without ninja elite specs.

True.That niche is already filled. Thematically, daredevil is basically already a ninja.

Daredevil is nothing like A Ninja... Daredevil is like an Army Sniper, how many ninjas use sniper rifles .......

Psst: Daredevil uses a staff...

@"Dante.1508" said:Daredevil is nothing like A Ninja... Daredevil is like an Army Sniper, how many ninjas use sniper rifles .......

Daredevil is the staff elite spec of thief, you are thinking of deadeye here instead.

Look at daredevil. It has tons of martial arts references. Has Asian references, like the trait lotus training. It has a headpiece that looks like something a ninja would wear.And just even look at their artwork:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/thumb/e/e8/Spec_image_Daredevil.jpg/425px-Spec_image_Daredevil.jpg

You can't tell me that "ninja" was not the first thing coming to your mind when you saw that announced back then at HoT.Everyone expected this elite spec to get called ninja, but they went with another name. But thematically, daredevil is still the ninja archetype.

There is a time and place. Too soon, and the hype dies down and some even forget. Plus, there may be changes to what was announced and players would claim they didn't get what was "promised."Trying to hype things up too late means the advertising campaign might not reach as many people or the content suddenly feels rushed and they didn't put enough time in to testing things.So, I voted potato - boil, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew! - because I'm all for tasteful reveals when the timing is right. You know when the potato is cooked to perfection, you don't want to eat it raw or cooked all to hell.

I'm hoping we don't get any actual leaks - when someone releases information without authorisation before Anet was ready for it to be made public. If that happens there's absolutely no guarentee what's leaked will actually happen and that runs the risk of players getting diappointed because they were mislead. There's also the problem that it's often in the form of a text/image dump of whatever the leaker could get their hands on with no context or explaination and that makes it really hard to interpret it properly, again leading to players reacting based on incorrect assumptions and getting upset.

Of course I'm not saying if the information is released when Anet is ready to announce it properly everyone will be happy, but at least they'd be unhappy about something which is actually going to be in the game. Which can be important - it lets Anet know they're on the wrong track and gives them a chance to fix it before release. If the reaction is based on leaks it's too easy to dismiss the reaction as being a result of incomplete info rather than genuine concerns.

On the other hand I'm sure Anet will start to reveal info ahead of the final release as they did for both HoT and PoF (and the base game) and I'm looking forward to seeing what's included. At the moment we know next to nothing about the expansion which leaves a lot open to speculation and it will be interesting to see what's been guessed accurately and what we had no idea was coming.

I agree with the above comments that a leak would be very bad. It's a breach of confidence and the deliberate leakers deservedly tend to lose their jobs or at least any future access to the game over breaking NDA.

However, I do deeply hope that at some point ANet will do demo videos of what the elites look like, same as they did for original professions, revenant, and the HoT elites. I don't consider that to be spoilers, I'm fine with knowing about new mechanics in advance.