The legendary Armory is AWESOME!!!!!

1 hour ago, Akisohida.8963 said:

A very comfy rock; nice and cool and shaded. 😁

My only level 80's were level-boosted years ago, so I'm starting new. I should really find a friendly PvE guild, for when I'm playing my solo characters.

Edit: I apparently confused someone, judging my that post reaction. 😅

I had two level 80's who had done NONE of 'My Story', so I think I used level-boosters that I got when I bought the expansions.

I know I got to Balthazar at one point, because I recall fighting him, but I apparently deleted that character.

So now I'm playing from level 1 with some friends, and using an off-character when they are not around to play.

If u need any help lemme know 😉

• Thanks 1

The Armory is working nicely for me. At the moment I have a full set of heavy leggy armor and 1 piece of light leggy armor as well as 3 leggy weapons. 9 of my 26 alts are heavy armor users so I've been spending the day regearing them. That process seems pretty straight forward. The only issue for me has been the time it takes to redo everything but I expected that so it's not a big deal. Armor, weapons, sigils, runes, and infusions all went where I wanted them to go without any problems. It's nice that I can use different skins and dyes on the leggys. Generally I don't swap weapons out of my inventory but use equipment templates to do so, enabling me to sidestep some apparent problems. Thank you, Anet. For me this new system is working very well and I really appreciate being able to equip 9 alts with one set of leggy armor.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

It's a bit buggy, but what there's really no getting around is how convoluted and expensive their build template system is.  Why can't we just have a system that essentially takes a snapshot of everything and just saves it to a one-click template?  Why can't these template slots be reasonably priced?  This system is just a mess and I absolutely hate it.  The legendary armory is a nice addition to an otherwise awful design.

Once upon a time we could do exactly that. It was wonderful. It was called arc templates. Anet cancelled it when they launched their own garbage.

4 hours ago, Blocki.4931 said:

Do you? Because transferring them from ascended to the legendary stuff really doesn't sound like an issue there.

I use a lot of different infusions (bling bling) and its a pain to move all of them from character to character to reload them on the legendary trinkets and rings.   When before it was faster to double click from the shared slots to swap the items to a different character.  Took a few seconds.  Now it takes much longer and takes more space.   If the infusion just stayed on the item, it would be fine. 

Update has been very nice so far. Only main problem I have found is when trying to swap a weapon from inventory, you have to reselect the legendary and add the upgrade items each time. Would be nice if this could be fixed to allow smoother weapon swapping. 

Also would be nice to have a way to read about the Legendary Lore in game anytime.

Edited by X T D.6458

Now if only this patch came with a 500 use Ascended Salvage kit! 

But seriously, aside for people who used to swap around legendaries with cosmetic infusions and such on multiple characters and having to redo armor cosmetics and dyes for every legendary equipped character on every loadout slot, seems like a pretty darn good patch (aside ofc from the whole system hooking into the poor and massively overpriced Loadout system in the first place, but oh well). 

Good job Anet!

Edited by Asum.4960
  • Like 2

Thank you ArenaNet Staff for working on this and making things so much easy for me now.

So much  easier when swapping characters and not have to worry about which character i left legendary with.

Please just 1 more thing if you can do which is make the salvage tools available to all characters.

That would simply be so awesome.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, kermq.6258 said:

I forgot the names of legendaries, by dusk and dawn i meant their legendaries Twilight and Sunrise that i have bind to make Eternity, already sorted it out in other post dont want their precursors. 

Sunrise and Twilight are unlocked for accounts that have bound Eternity to the account. Yours went away the moment you sold your Eternity. Players that have  bound either Sunrise or Twilight to their account will not be able to craft a tradeable Eternity from them in the future, either, just an account-bound one.

• Like 1

From what little I got to play with the armory last night it seems pretty nice and easy to use, spent a couple hours trying to put all my legendaries from my warrior (37 legendaries) onto my other toons and redoing their Fashion Wars. Most not all of the complaints I've seen seem pretty silly. Very good value added to the game.

Edited by Red Haired Savage.5430
Clarification
  • Like 4

15 hours ago, TwoGhosts.6790 said:

Once upon a time we could do exactly that. It was wonderful. It was called arc templates. Anet cancelled it when they launched their own garbage.

Arc templates were terrible due to the "imposed" delay ANET implemented which meant it could take over 30 seconds to swap builds in wvw. I prefer the instant swap out of combat that current templates offer. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

From what little I got to play with the armory last night it seems pretty nice and easy to use, spent a couple hours trying to put all my legendaries from my warrior (37 legendaries) onto my other toons and redoing their Fashion Wars. Most not all of the complaints I've seen seem pretty silly. Very good value added to the game.

One of the first things I did was deck out my Guardian. Got real tired of throwing my warrior's gear into the bank when I wanted a burn guard fix.

Edited by Lan Deathrider.5910

I would like the addition of a bank tab below the wardrobe to find out what I have in my legendary armory.

weapons? armor? ... and the number

because if it is not usable by the character, it is impossible to know what exactly we have

otherwise it's cool, well, I'm going to bring out old characters and equip them correctly without having to make transfers.

Edited by AzryelVikingar.5136
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, AzryelVikingar.5136 said:

I would like the addition of a bank tab below the wardrobe to find out what I have in my legendary armory.

weapons? armor? ... and the number

because if it is not usable by the character, it is impossible to know what exactly we have

otherwise it's cool, well, I'm going to bring out old characters and equip them correctly without having to make transfers.

That could be a nice idea, have another tab under wardrobe for legendary unlocks.

• Haha 1

It took me a few min to get how everything works, see some interface changes (at first I expected a new menu with H ), notice that I need to go on a character wearing the legendary first to be able to share it, try the skins on 2 set.

I love it! It is going to be super helpful and encourage me to level up a few additional professions and I am now even thinking about getting some weapons (armors always were my priority). Thank you so much for your work!

The only (small) downside is that this is one of the many things the game will not introduce properly to a new (or older) player getting a legendary.

Edited by aymnad.9023