What is your top 5 of most broken kitten in PvP right now?

1. Scourge. Don't need to say anything about this.

2. DH. Way too rewarding for passive play, either nerf traps, nerf stealth or make DH more glassy.

3. Ranger/SB. In the grand scheme of things not such a big problem, but in 1v1 scenarios fundamentally broken. Pets, no, NPCs that do 7K+ damage while also being able to dish out even more powerful hits with sustain and mobility. Even if the factual impact on game outcomes is low, from a gameplay perspective this is kitten to have to play against.

4. Rezzing. Change it so that damage done to the downed player deals secondary damage to the player reviving him. Change it so that if the reviving player is CC'd, it causes massive secondary damage to the downed player being revived.

5. MM. In a PLAYER vs PLAYER environment, running around with half a dozen NPCs should never be a viable strategy.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

Note that I haven't played in about two months. 

1: Scourge. The class is just way too oppressive. 

2: Holosmith. It's really only the superspeed trait at this point. The fact that it clears all soft CC on such a low cooldown gives the class so much mobility from a single trait. Also, nade kit should not be able to cast behind you. 

3: Daredevil. Weakness application from Drd is way too high. Shadowstep is also crazy strong, double stunbreak, condi cleanse and 1200 range port in a single ability. It's just bloated.

4: Herald. It's honestly only True Nature cast in Shiro. This skill is beyond dumb, 1/4th second cast time, aoe boonrip that's unblockable and can crit upwards of 4.5k.

5: Corrupts. Why does a single stack of might still corrupt into 5s of weakness?

Edited by Math.5123
  • Like 14

1. Rezzing. Rez support meta is awful

2. PoF elite specs. Still horribly power crept class design in most cases.

3. Damage & Sustain. Low effort / low skill dps builds makes for boring gameplay. Bunker meta is boring.

4. Passives. AI pets, buffs, damage, condis, there is way too much going on and it makes combat a mess.

5. Boons & Condis. A very neglected system. The back and forth cleanse, corrupt cycle in teamfights is awful, and the imbalance of boons/corrupts only some classes get is very meta defining.

• Like 6

From 1 to 5, daredevil.

Don't get me wrong, scourge is BS and holo is bs and a lot of classes are bs. BUT you can outrotate them, you're not forced to deal with them the whole time when they're around. GL trying that with a daredevil.

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

8 hours ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

From 1 to 5, daredevil.

Don't get me wrong, scourge is BS and holo is bs and a lot of classes are bs. BUT you can outrotate them, you're not forced to deal with them the whole time when they're around. GL trying that with a daredevil.

A good thief is the biggest pain in the kitten for any match. 

Either they burst you down, out rotate you, or never die.

• Like 5

1. Scourge’s sustain and rezzes

2. Ranger pets

3. Extremely easy access to stealth on thief

4. Necro/Ele minions

5. Random arenas being the ranked pvp (5v5) // not so random arenas (2v2, 3v3) being tailored to necro teams mostly really

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Mini Crinny.6190 said:

Core Ele

Tempest

Weaver

Elementals

Armor of Earth

Yep, core Ele is very strong right now. They have a special downstate skill that changes the game from 5v5 to 4v6. On top of that, other weak classes like Necro can only revive teammates. Core Ele has the special ability to even rally downed enemies (by just simply dieing faster--no button press required).

It's OP, and definitely need a hard nerf.

Edit: I forgot to mention Core Staff Zerker Ele also is the only spec that can start PvP CM (challenge mode!), including the full experience of both PCs and NPCs whispering you calling names and telling you to downstate yourself.

Edited by Sunshine.5014
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3

On 8/4/2021 at 6:54 PM, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

From 1 to 5, daredevil.

If your team is good enough to outrotate 1 or 2 scourges, they automatically outrotate the thief in Conquest, no?

1. Downstate HP never being updated to account for the 30% reduction in damage over the last two years, and Anet ignoring the DEEP balance issues this causes. 

2. Nec sustain

3. Match manip

4.  jUsT inCreAse ThE coOldOwn BrO

5. ROTT and other faceroll specs that aren't OP,  but promote unskillful gameplay.

Edited by Master Ketsu.4569
  • Like 3

1.blind spam

2.random aegis

3.unblockables ( to people who say dh doesnt have that much unblockable, spear of justice, deflecting shot, test of faith, i'm going to add in the unblockable walls too so.... dragons maw, hunter's ward. lets add that up 1 2 3 4 5, FIVE NOT TWO, FIVE)

4.massive stacks of confusion for no reason

5.power ranger soulbeast having side node warrior's entire kit just better

Edited by Sailorz.5426
  • Like 3

Necro sustain in general, this doesn’t just apply to scourge. Core Necros and their endless life bar swapping? Minion mancers are their constant minion spawn?  Also Corrosive Poison Cloud has too low of a cool down for what it can do.

Weaver both Condi and Power, everything has way too low CD. Their multiple Burst skills, CC, Condi burn spam,  Reflect as well is  way too prevalent I would say it’s more so than holo smith and that’s incredible. Shield of Earth needs to be carefully examined this is just too much defense packed into one skill that spawns twice. At least let the enemy pick it up similar to ranger pig drops. That should balance itself.

Holosmith, a lot of the same issues as Weaver. They have generally too much access to CC, Big DPS burst, stealth and reveal traits and all of the other cheese mixed in. What other classes or specs get access to literally everything in the game?

Dragon hunter - I can’t tell if this is exclusively because of Rune of The Trapper or not. Regardless, the burst potential is just way too high all around. It’s not just one burst, like 1 shot ranger. It’s literally everything from True Shot, Traps (All of them), Spear of Justice as they pull and rake you through their traps for 8000 x2 if they’re lucky while hopping in and out of stealth  (SoJ needs to have a cast due to how accessible it is.. think warrior rifle burst as a comparable to how it should be with cast time)

Warrior in general, why has this class been completely ignored for balance purposes? It’s truly bad to the point if I get one on my team in ranked it is almost like a 1/2 player. Same if I see one on the enemy team, 5 vs. 4.5 match. How long can we do this for?

Edited by noobfest.2180
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

1. E-specs. If they all were brought down to core level game would have more variety and a lot of problems listed here would be possibly solved as well.

2. Any abomination that allows bots to effectively play (if you can call it a play) needs to be looked at.

3. Trapper runes.

Edited by Cynz.9437
  • Like 5

1. Constant overal/general nerfs while improving traits/utilities/skills that are still not up to par with other skills to promote alternatives (wouldn't be really an issue if we had more frequent balance patches)

2. Feb 2020 patch

3. Teleports buggy compared to years ago

4. Not enough balance patches (losing players this way)

5. Not on Steam (yet, hopefully)

I am (or was, rather) an avid PvP player. If you manage me farming for Skyscale, something is wrong and I can only imagine the average Joe leaving much faster.

• Like 3