You're invited to the first elite specialization beta event!

15 minutes ago, genjonah.1253 said:

Ooooh I like this. Unless absolutely necessary, I’d probably never actually use the pistol, but that Harbinger Shroud aesthetic and vibe pleases me

Don't worry, according to legend Scepter was, is and always will be the only viable Necro (cdps) mainhand.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Delita Silverburg.8632 said:

Anyone know if the beta characters will have access to our legendary armories or not?

I'm guessing it will be like the bank, rankings, etc.  Yes, but it will be to a copy of the armory, and any changes you make to it with a beta character will disappear with them.

6 minutes ago, vilkanor.3072 said:

wow so much has changed since the previous beta testing sessions! no NDA? no separate client? no private forum? eh, then I imagine more people will join and, hopefully, you'll be taking our feedback into account

Changed from what?  This is exactly how the HoT and PoF beta elite spec tests worked.  And dredging up memories from nine years ago, there weren't NDAs on vanilla betas either.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, vilkanor.3072 said:

wow so much has changed since the previous beta testing sessions! no NDA? no separate client? no private forum? eh, then I imagine more people will join and, hopefully, you'll be taking our feedback into account

2 hours ago, Donari.5237 said:

Changed from what?  This is exactly how the HoT and PoF beta elite spec tests worked.  And dredging up memories from nine years ago, there weren't NDAs on vanilla betas either.

In my case, this is my first GW2 beta, but in all the others I've been in for other games, it was as vilkanor described...you had to sign an NDA, you had to pre-purchase the expansion, it was a separate client and also had a private forum. IF you were lucky enough to get an invite, that is. 

I agree that the way GW2 is handling it makes it much more likely for people to try it out.

7 hours ago, vilkanor.3072 said:

You may be mis-remembering.

Path of Fire

Preview Weekend Events

BWE1 — August 11, 2017

Access to the second Guild Wars 2 expansion, Path of Fire is open to all players in good standing on the weekend of August 11-13, 2017 with the first open-world map (Crystal Oasis) and the new Mount system being shown off to all players.

BWE2 — August 18, 2017

Access to the new Elite specializations included with Path of Fire will be granted to all players in good standing on demo characters in both PvP and WvW game modes on the weekend of August 18-20, 2017.

23 hours ago, Chrysaliss.8720 said:

Well I guess that blue color all but confirms, that it is indeed a guardian. I really hoped it would be a dual sword thief. Feels bad man.

Given how that bullet tricked a lot of people into thinking it was necromancer, it is still possible that another symbol is the guardian. A guardian doesn't need to be defined by their weapons, like some professions do.

We should find out later! It will be interesting to see how the next symbol reveal may change either my or other people's perspective.

4 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

You may be mis-remembering.

I admit that, having contributed to  countless beta, I may not remember all smallest details about everything, but I am pretty certain that EOTM had a separate client, NDA, private forum, and so on.

Once the testing ended, on January 2 2014 they sent us a small gift

I don't know about anything that followed, because I left the game around that time.

8 hours ago, vilkanor.3072 said:

I admit that, having contributed to  countless beta, I may not remember all smallest details about everything, but I am pretty certain that EOTM had a separate client, NDA, private forum, and so on.

Once the testing ended, on January 2 2014 they sent us a small gift

I don't know about anything that followed, because I left the game around that time.

Surely, you could have guessed, knowing there was, at least, 2 expansions released since 2014, there would have been other betas between then and now.

Thus, EotM would not have been the last beta.

13 minutes ago, Telgum.6071 said:

Except for Virtuoso, names are being horrible, but the xpecs seems very cool. Having mobility access to slow classes like Necro and Guard is reaaaally cool. 

Whaddya mean, not looking forward to The Last Willbender? Bender from Futurama memes? Will Bendover? Willy Bender? Etc...

Loving the elite spec, don't get me wrong, but name doesn't sit right still.

Harbinger and Virtuoso are ok, Bladedancer for the latter would've been better... or Bladesinger.

• Like 1