Meet the virtuoso

Fire Attunement.9835

Skill audio and visuals are beautiful!

Hope "conditions and control" implies cc conditions and effects. (for clarity ie non damaging => immobilise, cripple, chill, weakness... can only imagine if somehow a damaging condition build ended up being a thing, probably worth getting a bag of popcorn to read the forum with. :p)

Edited by Curunen.8729
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Curunen.8729 said:

Hope "conditions and control" implies cc conditions and effects. (for clarity ie non damaging => immobilise, cripple, chill, weakness... can only imagine if somehow a damaging condition build ended up being a thing, probably worth getting a bag of popcorn to read the forum with. :p)

No reason condi virtuoso might not be a thing the way power mirage was a thing.  5x confusion blades with true ranged potential boosted by illusions and ineptitude has potential even if the focus is power.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fire Attunement.9835 said:

We have a new look at the virtuoso for you this morning! Try it for yourself in the beta event next week!

The link isn't working - it leads to a 404 Error page.

Edit: I guess a space slipped into your link right before the "youre":

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/ youre-invited-to-the-first-elite-specialization-beta-event/

Edited by LadyEden.7519
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, mortrialus.3062 said:

No reason condi virtuoso might not be a thing the way power mirage was a thing.  5x confusion blades with true ranged potential boosted by illusions and ineptitude has potential even if the focus is power.

Yeah but given the situation with mirage, I reckon if somehow condi virtuoso ended up being better than power for whatever reason, it may cause a bit of a stir.

I personally don't mind either way - ideally should attempt to minimise any gap in efficacy between different builds, power/condi/mixed, though I appreciate not easy in practice. Maybe virtuoso will see a variety of comparable and good builds.

All the mesmer abuse over the years have taken my hype away from any mesmer announcements and have been replaced with dread every time the mesmer class got anything new 3-4 things that have nothing to do with the new spec gets removed.

Confessions of a abused mesmer main.

Edited by Genesis.5169
Pain and suffering.
  • Like 9

• ArenaNet Staff
2 hours ago, LadyEden.7519 said:

The link isn't working - it leads to a 404 Error page.

Edit: I guess a space slipped into your link right before the "youre":

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/ youre-invited-to-the-first-elite-specialization-beta-event/

You were correct. Fixed, thank you!

2 hours ago, mortrialus.3062 said:

I agree. We could finally see a true full ranged condi Mesmer with staff/Scepter/X Virtuoso.

We obviously don't know talents yet, but I could see stealth utilities and talents (Prismatic Understanding, Escape Artist) being very useful for Virtuoso and it's repositioning. Similar to Trapper Rune DH, the Virtuoso could potentially cast from stealth their F skills to hide their new cast times. Also, might see a good use of Escape Artist now that it gives a blade stock instead of spawning a clone.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

I dont know what conditions is the trailer talking about.
dagger 1-3 has nothing, same for utilities, so unless the spec is loaded in traits then its straight worse then core condi traits.

My interpretation ... this is a true 'hybrid' spec. You don't get lots of condi, direct DPS or CC. You get a bit of all of those. I'm sure it will give people something to howl about to fuel their balance complaints. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

I dont know what conditions is the trailer talking about.
dagger 1-3 has nothing, same for utilities, so unless the spec is loaded in traits then its straight worse then core condi traits.

Vulnerability...  from Virtuoso trait line and Rain of Swords utility.  Also inmobilization from Sword of Decimation.  Karl was using Domination - Dueling - Virtuoso.  But the vulnerability using the dagger main hand came from the Virtuoso trait line...  I hope that they don't pretend to resell us the confusion from F2 or the daze from F3 we already had... Neither add the bleeding from Dueling in the pack, etc. 🤨😒🙄

Well, few days to discover what those Virtuoso traits add to the specialization of if finally it will be the specialization version of an armed tortoise or snail.

Edited by Zoser.7245
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Curunen.8729 said:

If this is the case, are there any stat combos that'll work well with the CC condis?

31 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

My interpretation ... this is a true 'hybrid' spec. You don't get lots of condi, direct DPS or CC. You get a bit of all of those. I'm sure it will give people something to howl about to fuel their balance complaints. 

they dont need any fuel, they already complain 😄

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Mediahead.3542 said:

If this is the case, are there any stat combos that'll work well with the CC condis?

I assume there will be some new combos, though of course only expertise is doing anything for that purpose.

It was more a case of me preempting the usual allergic reactions that take place on hearing the word "conditions" explicitly mentioned in the trailer. 😛

8 hours ago, Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

You still have 6 months, give offhand dagger too. We're the only profession without 5 new weapon skills on an expansion. Reuse animations for all I care. 

Count in all the different ambush skills from mirage and It's more than 5 new weapon skills.

• Haha 1

I really dont like the aa, not only does it look weird but it also doesnt feel what you would expect from a spec that throws daggers, its just you slicing the air (twice per auto but only one blade flies out).

A reworked animation to make it look like we throw spectral daggers might have been better.

Edited by zealex.9410
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I mean the trailer is to make the class look good but it cant hide how bad the AA is.

Also the casting is quite concerning it looks very long like Ele staff 5 Meteor Shower.

In terms of condition unless the traits are going to load the shatters with tons of condi it most likely will not fall under the condi category like mirage or even chrono. 

There is a difference between CC and condi dmg.

Trailer looks quite concerning.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Count in all the different ambush skills from mirage and It's more than 5 new weapon skills.

that is the espec mechanic of mirage, and if we are really going to count that, then warrior has berserker with 9 new skills, guardian has firebrand with 18(21 if counting tome activation, since those still have new effect both active and passive), revenant has renegade with 8 (7 on herald), ranger has soulbeast with 38,  thief has deadeye with 19,  engineer has holosmith with 13, necro has reaper with 10,  I am not going to count weaver (36) because I want to keep my sanity after counting soulbeast. So yes, I suppose mesmer is not the only class with the least skill, it is just one of them with revenant. 

Edited by AXLIB.8425
Went back to do the weaver, because I hate myself
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, AXLIB.8425 said:

that is the espec mechanic of mirage, and if we are really going to count that, then warrior has berserker with 9 new skills, guardian has firebrand with 18(21 if counting tome activation, since those still have new effect both active and passive), revenant has renegade with 8 (7 on herald), ranger has soulbeast with 38,  thief has deadeye with 19,  engineer has holosmith with 13, necro has reaper with 10,  I am not going to count weaver (36) because I want to keep my sanity after counting soulbeast. So yes, I suppose mesmer is not the only class with the least skill, it is just one of them with revenant. 

People who don't know mesmers enough try to come to validate their claims is not new. Its also a result why mesmers are nerfed to this state.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Salt Mode.3780 said:

People who don't know mesmers enough try to come to validate their claims is not new. Its also a result why mesmers are nerfed to this state.

Yeah, I know, it's just I really hate when people use "but mirage has ambush" to justify the fact mesmer always draws the kitten-covered end of the stick when it comes to new weapon

or the "but...but...ele?", like shut up, ele gets 4 times the amount of skill with any new weapon they get anyway, they get more skill from their off-hand than others two-handed.

Edited by AXLIB.8425
  • Like 1