Please do not give Braham the "I WIN" button! — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Please do not give Braham the "I WIN" button!

Josiah.2967Josiah.2967 Member ✭✭✭
edited January 16, 2020 in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

This new video has me so flustered. This guy is useless. He's like the abusive drunk we keep around....but don't know why.

Nothing can redeem him. Please do not give him an "I Win" power/ability. If his ability makes me feel useless, or if I am dependent on him... I'm out.

<1

Comments

• ZDragon.3046ZDragon.3046 Member ✭✭✭✭

Braham can have the i win button so long as a charr gets the i win button immediately after him making us completely forget about him in an episode or two still waiting on my expanding charr content

• I’ve seen complaints on the forums about our character being The Commander Who Can Overcome Every Challenge And Slay Dragons and Gods (or sentiments to that effect). Maybe ANet has taken this to heart and Braham is going to become the Commander in our stead and our character will be second in command, or third after Taimi, and will follow him around and take his orders.

Be careful what you ask for
    ANet might give it to you.

Forum Guides: Images. Text

• Zaklex.6308Zaklex.6308 Member ✭✭✭✭

@YtseJam.9784 said:
    Braham sucks, he should have died years ago. I'm not looking forward for a Braham-centric story... SKIP!

Might want to skip the entire Icebrood Saga then, he'll be central to the entire story.

Yes...no...maybe...what do you want, can't you see I'm busy saving the world...AGAIN!

• @Josiah.2967 said:
    This new video has me so flustered. This guy is useless. He's like the abusive drunk we keep around....but don't know why.

Nothing can redeem him. Please do not give him an "I Win" power/ability. If his ability makes me feel useless, or if I am dependent on him... I'm out.

It is unavoidable. Because Braham is special. He is the only Norn able to use that bow. And the only Norn able to break the Tooth of Jormag. He is indeed the Norn from the prophecies.

The way he acted during the story? Hm! Questionable, indeed. But he was on our side, in the last battle every time we killed a dragon: Mordremoth / Kralkatorrik. He was with us when we needed.

So, despite his ... mistakes, he is The One norn designed to destroy Jormag. He cannot avoid his destiny.

=) Think about the Norn prophecy regarding a Hero who will kill Jormag and will help the Norn to regain their lands. If not Braham but the Commander, then the prophecy can be fulfilled by a Charr. Or Asura. LOL!

• @Just a flesh wound.3589 said:
    I’ve seen complaints on the forums about our character being The Commander Who Can Overcome Every Challenge And Slay Dragons and Gods (or sentiments to that effect). Maybe ANet has taken this to heart and Braham is going to become the Commander in our stead and our character will be second in command, or third after Taimi, and will follow him around and take his orders.

Braham can be The Commander in my stead if he can kill me and take the role from my cold dead hands. Seeing as how the whole 'dyimg' thing didn't sticknin PoF, his chances aren't looking too hot right now.

Plus I'm kinda best friends with an Elder Dragon, so that's just going to make things that much harder for Braham.

• Teratus.2859Teratus.2859 Member ✭✭✭✭

Personally im glad to see one of our allies getting more of a spotlight role for a change.
    Rytlock had a lot of relevance with Kralk and Balthazar but ultimately didn't even get to be in the final fight with them.

Braham should be heavily involved with taking on/down Jormag, more so than the Commander imo.. it's been a long time goal of his whole race to defeat this Dragon.

• Loesh.4697Loesh.4697 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 17, 2020

My only question is if we can, or cannot, call out the Wolf Spirits kitten if we've read 'The Burden' by this point. The fact that Braham is a Norn of prophecy is secondary to the fact the Wild Spirits prophecy is a load of nonsense to begin with.

Asgeir fabricated the whole thing to keep the youth of Hoelbrak from running up into the icy mountains and dying, I was likewise somewhat annoyed that I could not pick up the book as it sat right next to Jhavi and show her why calling Braham Vowbreaker was nonsense, not for any defense of the him but rather for the simple fact the Burdens mere existence reframes the entirety of Norn society.

• Mortifera.6138Mortifera.6138 Member ✭✭✭

He already has the “I WHINE” button.

• ugrakarma.9416ugrakarma.9416 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 17, 2020

@Josiah.2967 said:

look at good-side: this can be like a farewell to him soon!

if he become a "hero" or whatsover permanentely busy at Hoelbrak, and finally leave us alone, i will be very happy.

pls writers make Braham leave, and bring Jhavi Joradosthir in to our team. she's perfect.

main pvp: Khel the Undead(power reaper).

• Fueki.4753Fueki.4753 Member ✭✭✭✭

People were crying over Season5 starting Charr-centric instead of Norn-centric.
    Now people cry that the story gets Norn-centric.

That's just weird.

• Fenella.2634Fenella.2634 Member ✭✭✭

@ugrakarma.9416 Jhavi hasn't even done anything yet, how do you come to that conclusion? Or is she perfect, because she doesn't do anything important and has not had much to say yet?

I do like Braham, though. I still hope he won't get a deus ex machina plot device and honestly, I am so tired of prophecies.
    I really hope this episode will be much better than the last one.

• Zok.4956Zok.4956 Member ✭✭✭

@ugrakarma.9416 said:

@Josiah.2967 said:

look at good-side: this can be like a farewell to him soon!

You mean, he will save the day like Trahearne? ;)

https://www.gw2gh.com/ - A GW2-Guild-Hall.
    Register and check your guild leaderboard to see who is the best in your guild and who finished achievements first.

• particlepinata.9865particlepinata.9865 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 17, 2020

And again the me myself and i show. Always something to complain. We already had more then enough sylvary, asura, human story. Guess what, its time for Norn stories (and Charr). Not everything evolves around the the vocal minority on the forum. There are many other people who like The Norn and the Charr and are happy they finally have some story. This same thing happened with Trahearne in the past. A vocal minority claiming that nobody liked Trahearne (and the sylvary). After he was dead, it happened many people did like him. And its not that all the other content has gone away.
    Other thing, for myself i am tired with stories where everything always evolves around us as the commander. I prefer to be part of the story but not centre of it all the time. Its not a singleplayer game after all. This is what i prefered in the gw1 story campaigns.

• TheGrimm.5624TheGrimm.5624 Member ✭✭✭✭

The fact that people are for or against at all says that there was character development with this NPC so +1.

Envy the Madman his musing when Death comes to make fools of us all.
    De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.
    TheGrimm PoTBS/GW1/WAR/Rift/GW2/MWO/ESO/WoT/WoW/D2/HoTS/Civ6/CU/AoC

• @Fueki.4753 said:
    People were crying over Season5 starting Charr-centric instead of Norn-centric.
    Now people cry that the story gets Norn-centric.

That's just weird.

Its almost as if that was 2 different groups of people. But that can't be, everyone knows opinion on internet is always completly uniform, monolithic even.

• hash.8462hash.8462 Member ✭✭✭

I have nothing agaist Braham...
    apart the numerous times when he pushes around enemies with his shield after I have pulled them to me... when this happens I really want to kick out him from the party.

• Eloc Freidon.5692Eloc Freidon.5692 Member ✭✭✭✭

This is going to be yet another season of people not following the writing and understanding what is going on, assuming that it is another unearned series of events. I expect that sort of thing from GW players now.

The thing about prophesy is that anyone could have been the chosen one making it right place at the right time scenario. With how active and involved the characters around us are in world changing events, being the only Norn around he was going to be the chosen one.

• ugrakarma.9416ugrakarma.9416 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 17, 2020

@Fenella.2634 said:
    @ugrakarma.9416 Jhavi hasn't even done anything yet, how do you come to that conclusion? Or is she perfect, because she doesn't do anything important and has not had much to say yet?

She's a necromancer, she's a raven adept, she's spiritualized(check Vigil Keep dialogue), shes one of a Vigil high command, well shes like a dream come true. I wish a Norm commander had a option to marry her.

main pvp: Khel the Undead(power reaper).

• Rauderi.8706Rauderi.8706 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'm not against Braham.
    At least not as much as I'd like to be~

Many alts! Handle it!

"A condescending answer might as well not be an answer at all."
    -Eloc Freidon.5692

• Fenella.2634Fenella.2634 Member ✭✭✭

@ugrakarma.9416 said:

@Fenella.2634 said:

She's a necromancer, she's a raven adept, she's spiritualized(check Vigil Keep dialogue), shes one of a Vigil high command, well shes like a dream come true. I wish a Norm commander had a option to marry her.

Aww~ I agree she has a great setup, but I am waiting to see her in action before I form an opinion. :) Before I will want to keep her in the team, I will have to see how she behaves with the rest of them. A great CV is nice, but it's not everything.