Bladesworn Feedback Thread

Fire Attunement.9835

I had a thought after discussing Bladesworn Flow with my guild.

How much positive flow your generating is actually more important than the flow bar itself imo, and GuildWars already has a visual indicator for this kind of positive increase, the arrows for increasing energy or decreasing energy as seen on Revenant. 

I feel like it would make more visual sense for the Positive Flow buff to appear as positive arrows on the flow bar, or above it like energy does for Revenant. This would more compact, and easier to see to get an idea of your potential flow at a glance of the bar vs having to look for a number on a square buff on your buff bar to the right of your HP bubble, as positive flow is a core mechanic of the specialization.

Edited by Rune Darkmoor.3269
  • Like 5

11 hours ago, Rune Darkmoor.3269 said:

I had a thought after discussing Bladesworn Flow with my guild.

How much positive flow your generating is actually more important than the flow bar itself imo, and GuildWars already has a visual indicator for this kind of positive increase, the arrows for increasing energy or decreasing energy as seen on Revenant. 

I feel like it would make more visual sense for the Positive Flow buff to appear as positive arrows on the flow bar, or above it like energy does for Revenant. This would more compact, and easier to see to get an idea of your potential flow at a glance of the bar vs having to look for a number on a square buff on your buff bar to the right of your HP bubble, as positive flow is a core mechanic of the specialization.

Incredible suggestion. Hope Anet reads this.

• Thanks 1

I already posted following feedback on a german forum, but I am not sure if anyone from Anet really reads them and the forum looks kinda dead in comparison to the english one... xD

So, I will repost it here:

I currently have around 2,500 hours on my warriors, mainly playing competitive content, but have also done 750+ LI and practically all achievements with the class. I was really looking forward to the new spec, but unfortunately the joy waned very quickly. I really like the concept and the visuals. The mechanics behind it are actually quite interesting, but everything suffers from a few, but strongly noticeable, points:

1) Damage: in PvE, as you can see in many benchmark videos, with 52k dps is too high. But much too low for that in competitive modes. Practically every weapon does more damage with better CDs than the Gunsaber and the F1 / 2 burst is also significantly weaker than that of the regular greatsword for example... and then you have to stand still for an extremely long time to charge in the Dragon Trigger.

2) Weapon swap: CD after using Dragon Trigger severely restricts the flow of the game. In PvE the Dragon Trigger is at least worth it, but in Competitive you are punished three times with Dragon Trigger (obvious charge without movement, little damage, weapon swap CD).

3) Weapon set: I don't quite understand why you had to deactivate the second weapon set. Ele has 4 skill sets thanks to attunements, Engi has tons of kits, Rev has two weapon sets + two utility bars, Necro is also allowed to have two weapon sets + shroud skills and Firebrand got three whole skill bars despite two weapon sets. Warrior is supposed to be the master of all weapons, but a second weapon set is somehow not allowed ... And no, Dragon Trigger definitely does not replace a second set, it is too difficult to access and in most places simply too impractical.

4) New weapon: I like the pistol a lot, even if the targeting is still a bit buggy. Skills 4 + 5 are unconventional and fun, you can argue about Aegis on pistol 4, I personally would find 1 / 4s daze or even a stun more suitable and would give the weapon significantly more impact. But here again: why off-hand, or why only one? Didn't PoF say the warrior got two daggers because he was the master of arms in the game and that type of weapon could be wielded in both hands so he gets main+off-hand? In addition, the pistol as an off-hand atm is not a good choice, as there are simply better options in the warrior kit. In PvE, if you only want to do damage, the OH axe is better, it offers quickness with good dmg and with Axe5 it not only does a lot of damage, but also does the whole thing in AoE. In competitive, the pistol has to compete with the shield and exchanging some single target burst for a block + stun is usually not a good trade-off. Pistol 4 cannot exactly be called a heavy mobility skill to count as a real utility 😄

In addition warrior is missing a 1h ranged mainhand weapon.

Solutions for points 1) to 3) are, I think, quite obvious. At point 4) it gets trickier. Personally, I think it would be best if the pistol slipped onto the main hand, with the Dash swapping the Aegis for 1 / 4s daze and simply setting an auto attack for the weapon. For the auto attack you could possibly just use the one from the Engi Mainhand pistol.

P.S.

Gunsaber Skill 2 feels incredibly slow and slows down the gameplay enormously.

• Like 1

I think the setup for gunsaber trigger is a bit hard to pull off sometimes and seems only for special situations.  Even slow fighting a vet husk in SW (press 11111), can kill it right normally about time that trigger is fully charged, and during the last ammo charging phase if you do anything it can interrupt it.  It seems useful more situational for a set fight with on a champ or higher boss that is not constantly moving to get full use out of it most times.

On 9/30/2021 at 7:38 PM, DeadMeat.8724 said:

I think the setup for gunsaber trigger is a bit hard to pull off sometimes and seems only for special situations.  Even slow fighting a vet husk in SW (press 11111), can kill it right normally about time that trigger is fully charged, and during the last ammo charging phase if you do anything it can interrupt it.  It seems useful more situational for a set fight with on a champ or higher boss that is not constantly moving to get full use out of it most times.

Thats why i dislike dragon trigger.It feels as if having gunsaber on top of a new weapons plus gunsaber seems pointless.It would have been better if it was like holosmith in how it worked, but using bullets and adrenaline to discharge attacks.

• Like 1

1) I was happy to see it's not so overwhelmingly strong that it makes the other elite specs obsolete. It felt different, not stronger, which is good indeed. Having said that, in WvW - it's a ton of work for not enough damage. 

2) Either increase dmg or make it much easier to deal dmg. For example, change to charge ammo while moving. Perhaps give stability when in dragon trigger.

3) Nerf the 'ammo' heal, with some setups you can spam that heal pretty often making it too strong.

4) Some dragon slash skills throw you into walls and doors. 

Edited by Redseven.3985
  • Confused 1

Remember when Deadeye got released and you needed to manually kneel down for every DJ ? No one liked it, it felt clunky and slow,it got changed and De feels much smoother to play now. I think the whole, stand still mechanic just needs to go. Charging up already makes you unable to use any other skill anyway,let it move and it will feel much better already i think.

Let me just quote your twitter:

Guild Wars 2 is an online RPG with fast-paced combat.

Then watch videos on how its played in PvE (raids, like 40% just doing nothing) and competetive (aka not played at all where you need your fast pace). 

After all the mechanical feedback, I just summarize it in a simple way.

Edited by anbujackson.9564

I think The gun sabre should more semi ranged attacks, basically more reach since that is the whole point of having larger weapons, higher than melee but not larger than ranged weapon just enough to not sit  in AoE but also able to hit the target.
Pistol should be off hand mobility weapon longer dash(maybe a dodge on the dash, remember GS and pistol are mutually exclusive, and with a combo between a sword an pistol it will have about the same mobility as GS) with longer range pseudo basic attack that does more damage in close proximity (with the trait for cd reduce of course).
This would make it different enough from the other specs at least in PVP.   

Edited by Vancho.8750

Would it make more sense to let flow charge a bullet every 10 flow you have, meaning you can carry out a dragonslash instantly, using up the built up charges.

If say, you have 10 charged bullets, and your flow is at 100 as well, upon discharging the 10 bullets with a burst your flow will start to charge the bullets up again taking 5-10s to fully charge.

This would then give the burst skills some use in WvW and PvP as you wont be static for long periods of time.

Dragonslash and gunsabre aside, pistol is what i care more about as its a weapon you'll be using with your core sets.
#MakePistolMainAgain!

Edited by Smoosh.2718
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Vancho.8750 said:

Pistol should be off hand mobility weapon longer dash(maybe a dodge on the dash, remember GS and pistol are mutually exclusive, and with a combo between a sword an pistol it will have about the same mobility as GS) with longer range pseudo basic attack that does more damage in close proximity (with the trait for cd reduce of course).
This would make it different enough from the other specs at least in PVP.  

But why?
For PvE? Axe will be better for damage and quickness.
For PvP? Shield will be better for sustain,
For WvW? Warhorn and shield will both be better for mobility and sustain.

Pistol must be switched to mainhand so it actually gets some decent use in the game, it currently works really well with itself but not with any other weapon, it pushes you away from the target... when your mainhand is melee (this is something im struggling to work out as to why? if it came with mainhand pistol as well, then i could understand why, as you need to make distance.)

I just hope there are more people pushing for Pistol to be flipped to the mainhand or have another pistol + skills drafted up for the warrior to go in the mainhand as well, this melee pistol is barely bringing anything new to the warrior which it lacks. And as someone who has spent 95% of their 6k hours on warrior in game, its seriously disapointing to see warriors lack of a 1 handed ranged weapon go amiss again. This was the weapon I wanted for warrior for so so so long.

Edited by Smoosh.2718
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Smoosh.2718 said:

Would it make more sense to let flow charge a bullet every 10 flow you have, meaning you can carry out a dragonslash instantly, using up the built up charges.

If say, you have 10 charged bullets, and your flow is at 100 as well, upon discharging the 10 bullets with a burst your flow will start to charge the bullets up again taking 5-10s to fully charge.

This would then give the burst skills some use in WvW and PvP as you wont be static for long periods of time.

Dragonslash and gunsabre aside, pistol is what i care more about as its a weapon you'll be using with your core sets.
#MakePistolMainAgain!

That's a good idea. I'd still prefer not having DT at all, but this would definitely help

2 hours ago, Sarrs.4831 said:

My important feedback; Bladesworn should be renamed to Gunblade because I'm going to call it that all the time anyway.

And I'll be calling it slashyslashyshootyshooty, so I guess it means it should be renamed to that.

btw bladesworn is the name for the spec, while gunblade/saber is what they're holding. It's like wanting warrior to be renamed to "greatsword" or "axe". Doesn't make much sense.

• Confused 1

55 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

And I'll be calling it slashyslashyshootyshooty, so I guess it means it should be renamed to that.

btw bladesworn is the name for the spec, while gunblade/saber is what they're holding. It's like wanting warrior to be renamed to "greatsword" or "axe". Doesn't make much sense.

Or like calling them Banner Slave. Oh wait...

• Like 1

On 10/3/2021 at 12:11 AM, Smoosh.2718 said:

But why?
For PvE? Axe will be better for damage and quickness.
For PvP? Shield will be better for sustain,
For WvW? Warhorn and shield will both be better for mobility and sustain.

Pistol must be switched to mainhand so it actually gets some decent use in the game, it currently works really well with itself but not with any other weapon, it pushes you away from the target... when your mainhand is melee (this is something im struggling to work out as to why? if it came with mainhand pistol as well, then i could understand why, as you need to make distance.)

I just hope there are more people pushing for Pistol to be flipped to the mainhand or have another pistol + skills drafted up for the warrior to go in the mainhand as well, this melee pistol is barely bringing anything new to the warrior which it lacks. And as someone who has spent 95% of their 6k hours on warrior in game, its seriously disapointing to see warriors lack of a 1 handed ranged weapon go amiss again. This was the weapon I wanted for warrior for so so so long.

I get it, you wanted warrior to have a ranged one handed weapon.

But you are literally asking them to give a clearly melee oriented elite spec a ranged weapon... it makes no sense and therefore I don't think such a drastic change will happen.

If the spec would be ranged to begin with, chances were pretty good. But it isn't. Gunsaber and dragon trigger clearly hint at this spec being intended as a melee spec. The weapons are supposed to compliment the spec design, which pistol does with it's low cooldown ammunition disposal.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@Kodama.6453seeing as DT has both ranged and melee DS skills, and that Gunsaber has ranged components it is just as easy to say that it is not even pure melee.

Weapons are very very rarely pure melee.

Warriors can throw their axes at range. Scrappers can stun and damage enemies with thunderclap. Same for warrior mace, being able to hit enemies at range and CC them with tremor.

Dragon trigger has 3 attacks: 2 of them are melee (one coupled with mobility, but you are still hitting enemies close to you with it) and one option is ranged, which is also the lowest damage version of these 3 skills.

Gunsaber can hit enemies at range with 2 skills.... one of these skills even rewards you more for being melee, since it increases the damage of the skill by 50% at that range (1.0 range coeff against 1.5 melee coeff). The other hits for 1.15 coeff at range, which is also not really impressive damage.

So considering that skill 4 is basically both, ranged and melee, 4 out of 5 skills are melee. 2 out of 5 are ranged. The majority of the damage from the kit is melee and the auto attack, which is one big contributing factor over people considering something being melee or ranged, is also melee.

There is a reason why they designed pistol as a melee weapon supporting the spec playstyle. Because it is designed as a melee spec in the first place. Just because gunsaber can hit a bit from range doesn't change this fact.

2 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Or like calling them Banner Slave. Oh wait...

😄

Maybe slightly less so, because it's oriented around the meaningful group utility that a build is expected to have, but for me -without a change- the whole "banner slave" is still a pretty stupid meme that lets people pretend that warrior's can't deal dmg 😉

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

😄

Maybe slightly less so, because it's oriented around the meaningful group utility that a build is expected to have, but for me -without a change- the whole "banner slave" is still a pretty stupid meme that lets people pretend that warrior's can't deal dmg 😉

I mean we can do damage. Just not as much as some others.

6 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I mean we can do damage. Just not as much as some others.

But close enough to other options to easly count as a valid dps slot filler 😉

imo, obviously. If someone wants to count top 3 builds as the only valid options for some reason then of course they might have a problem with it. And with most of other dps builds.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

But close enough to other options to easly count as a valid dps slot filler 😉

imo, obviously. If someone wants to count top 3 builds as the only valid options for some reason then of course they might have a problem with it. And with most of other dps builds.

Dmg rly isn't the issue. I don't think any warrior ever cried in recent times about our PvE standing. 

And here anet brings forth this utterly stupid idea. With 0 creativity. A new fake weapon on a warrior that's meant to be fluid and yet offers no utility. Skills that someone thought out in 20 minutes. As if warriors have enough time to place down AoEs in their playstyle (which is a big reason why Banners fail anywhere else outside of restricted/controlled environment situations). 

This is not a warrior spec. This is trash. And it's my opinion, I know no one cares about it. But I simply wanted to point out that in comp, warrior does indeed lack dmg. A situational 11k arcing slice in WvW isn't OP when someone fell on it. 

Neither is an 8k T3 decapitate OP on PvP when fighting on node. It's strong if it's a backstab with no tell, or a mind wrack, or a lich auto. 

In essence competitive is not what anet has in mind for warrior rn and this reflects on them creating this horror. This abomination that's only meant to one shot veterans and elites that happen to spawn in the Backline of Vinewrath lines. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

After great reflexion, I think this spec wasn't a war spec but an Engie greatsword spec stiches badly on a  the war classe.

1- I mean seriously the pistol is unwieldy and badly thougth out  and the OH use does not synergise with any other MH weapon (they are CaC  focus), also this is a gun anet it shoot things this should be a distance weapon.

2- the utilitys  are not in phase with the bladesworn lore.  bladesworn use amber - does electric fence, the dodge mine, the reflect barrirere seems to use this type of matérial. No they don't,  they look like engie utilitys stolen by a war. (i mean electic fence could have been a puddle of melted amber that would have been ok) in all use the amber !

3-The gunsaber and dragon tigger. this is just a remodel Greatsword and a bad one in top off that .This is clunky, and event with munition skills the CDs mean you have to take Lush forest as a mandatory trait.
The dragon trigger-why can we have a dragon trigger for all weapon? (i'm greedy i know) because for now this is only greatsword dragon trigger even if it said to be a new weapon. because for now pistol isn't a burstable weapon , so give use something at least OH burst would be fun, because pistol have potential.

4- weapon restiction. we don't have burst ,we don't have variety compared with the other spec and core. What is stopping us to only use gunsaber and no weapon equiped ? this spec close every variation of build that made war strength.

5- what is the place of blad worn.
not pvp -dragon trigger weak and slow ,  weak to cc and megaslow flow (also player have brain and punish you anytime you lock to dragontrigger)
not wvw - still slow, not good at roaming, not good at blobing
not raid fractal,...  - Again slow and worse option as a bannerslave.
not Pve- Slow, and dragon trigger is lost anytime you kill the mobs to quickely(this is a nonsense)

This spec is unfinished, but it is more and more apparant to me it wasn't a war spec to begin with, it close to much of the war gameplay to be viable and their seems to have two ideas who were fighting in this spec making it really confused on what was the end goal. THIS IS NOT A WAR SPEC

Edited by DemonCrypto.6792
  • Like 5
  • Confused 2