New Thief Elite - The Specter

Graeaw.6329

• Graeaw.6329 changed the title to New Thief Elite - The Specter

Animations are a bit strange. Most of what we're shown is in melee range, but there are signs there might be projectiles in there that we're not seeing very well because it IS point-blank. We'll find out when the full stream hits, I guess. 

More broadly... kinda feels like druid but with barrier instead of direct healing. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Graeaw.6329 said:

We are getting shroud and support skills.

First thought was: Steal F1 will target an ally (tether) and put you in a Shroud. Could work "better", if more enemies are close to you/the tethered ally (more barrier/boons/corrupts etc.

Lets wait and see how it really will work.

My one cent to this. 

No matter what they make I feel like this won't be enough to replace a scourge/chrono. If it's meant to fill out the 5th slot in the perfect party of (FB, Herald, Scrapper, Scourge) then I see very few of them making it into zergs. 

Unless if the shroud ally buff is unique dmg mitigator. At what point we may see a mandatory thief in each party. I highly doubt they will go wild with its support capabilities though. And I also wonder, if it's going to need trickery more than ever to function and if it's going to allow for shadow arts to be implemented in its gameplay, as the lack of stealth in the trailer does make me curious on whether shadow form replaces it or not. No more steal I suppose. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Interesting, we've had a good few Elite Specs this time around that really feel like some kind of Duel Profession.

This one is clearly a Thief/Necromancer.

Virtuoso is a Mesmer/Thief.
Harbinger is a Necromancer/Engineer
Willbender is a Guardian/Assassin (Gw1 profession for those who don't know)
Bladesworn is a Warrior/Engineer

The last two are not so clear to me..
Catalyst kinda feels like a Elementalist/Guardian..
Vindicator kinda feels like a Revenant/Ranger in some ways..

I dunno, am I the only one getting some pretty strong Duel profession vibes from at least some of these new specs?

I'm not gonna put anything on the Engineers next spec but the next Ranger one I'd be willing to bet is probably going to feel like a Ranger/Warrior.

Edited by Teratus.2859
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

Sounds like lots of immob/stun, non-projectile ranged attacks. 'Shroud' could be anything. I doubt it applies barriers because it looks like it is a constant application. I'm betting it drains initiative to reduce damage or give condi reduction or something like that. 

One thing ... it will be weird to shroud another player with no benefit to yourself.  I hope Anet takes care of that somehow. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

My prediction: 

Initiative is replaced with the shroud energy and shroud is a toggle that replaces steal. Steal will target allies now and stealth now applies buffs instead of invisibility.

Glyphs would be a fitting utility skill for the shroud. Or the same skill type that scourge got would also fit.

• Like 1