Removed the WvW participation grace time granted from repairing

HARDOFREADING.7298

"Removed the WvW participation grace time granted from repairing."
I've seen some pretty stupid ideas in WvW but this ranks up there with the most stupid.

It removes most of the incentive for people to stay and repair or return and repair an objective as doing so will cost them participation.

While you can sometimes get a a more conscientious commander to hop border to defend something, they quite often leave without repairing which means you need people to stay and repair and they are less likely to do it if it tanks their participation.

You should be increasing the incentive to repair objectives not decreasing them.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Jaidy.1824 said:

Sentry seems to be working again. Haven't tested dolyak

Do keep in mind that it doesn't add to the timer if you are above the time it gives.  So for example, when you cap Sentry, if you are above 5 mins when it caps, it will not add.  However if you are below 5 mins, it will bring it up to 5 mins.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/WvW_Reward_Track#Increasing_Participation

Yak is only 2 mins worth.

Edited by Vegeta.2563
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

I get if they wanted to reduce the timer for repairing but it's already hard enough to get people to repair before the zerg runs off. Now even the people who want to fix keeps and such wont. I guess if anet wanted to kill off defending then they're on the right track, otherwise this wasn't a good move.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, Kondor.2904 said:

I'm more curious about why the outnumbered buff was just removed and not replaced by something more activity rewarding. 

I mean, the buff is still there.  You just don't get pips from it.  Instead you get a permanent increase of +2 pips instead of only getting +5 once in a while.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Telgum.6071 said:

Found the pver.

Use your brain!

The bigger problem was players building a treb at T3 SM of an outnumbering server and then putting a pebble on key 2 and go afk. These people and their outnumbering blob are now rewared with plenty of participation while the outnumbered server can try to flip camps and sentries while they got their +5 bonus removed.

Nice d*** move from ANet to the players on outnumbered servers, that keep playing the game for these 8 weeks!

Edited by KrHome.1920
  • Like 16

3 minutes ago, KrHome.1920 said:

Use your brain!

The bigger problem was players building a treb at T3 SM of an outnumbering server and then putting a pebble on key 2 and go afk. These people and their outnumbering blob are now rewared with plenty of participation while the outnumbered server can try to flip camps and sentries while they got their +5 bonus removed.

Nice d*** move from ANet to the players on outnumbered servers, that keep playing the game for these 8 weeks!

Then with this change, people won't mindlessly repair the walls of the tower being trebbed, and the players "putting a pebble on key 2 and go afk" will stop getting participation once the walls are down.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

15 minutes ago, Vegeta.2563 said:

I mean, the buff is still there.  You just don't get pips from it.  Instead you get a permanent increase of +2 pips instead of only getting +5 once in a while.

The buff is worthless, it was only ever desired for its pip bonus. The benefits it gives are extremely tiny compared to the stress you have to deal with playing on an Outnumbered map, which is around a 3:1 ratio.

Without the pip bonus on Outnumbered, there's literally no point to play against the odds anymore. Maps should be locked at off-hours when there's insufficient population to go around outside of the stacked multiguild ktrain. I realise Alliances might help alot with this, but forcing the enemy to be Q'd and play in EoTM instead of farming your 5-10 players all night long would be good too.

Edited by Hannelore.8153
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Hannelore.8153 said:

The buff is worthless, it was only ever desired for its pip bonus. The benefits it gives are extremely tiny compared to the stress you have to deal with playing on an Outnumbered map, which is around a 3:1 ratio.

Without the pip bonus on Outnumbered, there's literally no point to play against the odds anymore. Maps should be locked at off-hours when there's insufficient population to go around outside of the stacked multiguild ktrain. I realise Alliances might help alot with this, but forcing the enemy to be Q'd and play in EoTM instead of farming your 5-10 players all night long would be good too.

The buff is worthless now.

however:

1. unless you spent MORE THAN 40% of your time in outnumbered maps, your pip gain will be more in the new system.

2. Now maybe people won’t hunt outnumbered maps and actually respond to call outs.

3.  If getting the pips was the only reason for people to be on an outnumbered map, then maybe this is even a better change than I expected.

• Like 5
  • Confused 3

More were changed, just no explanations given. I can guess that they don't want to allow earning pips too easily, so while giving more, they also removed some sources. It seems to me that almost everyone will earn more after these changes: you still can take a camp or help in taking it, or a sentry, and both should be easy enough.

"World vs. World

• Addressed an exploit that allowed siege weapons to be placed within the red-team spawn location in Eternal Battlegrounds.
  • Addressed an exploit that allowed siege weapons to be placed within the home world spawn in Alpine Borderlands.
  • Increased the number of pips earned for match placement from 3/4/5 to 4/5/6.
  • Added a new pip bonus for new players of WvW rank 1–149.
  • Increased the number of pips given per WvW rank by 1.
  • Removed the Outnumbered pip bonus effect.
  • Removed the WvW participation grace time granted from repairing.

• Sad 1

Should have done it the other way around, gives no participation but still give grace time, same with siege damage. That way you still need to go do other active stuff to get participation, but at least you have some time to do it.

P.S they fixed siege exploits in spawns that were supposedly fixed long ago, but did they even fix the exploit in southeast tower on alpines yet?

Edited by Xenesis.6389
  • Like 4

Seems like a really bad change. When gw2 launched it had the premise that people could do anything and progress. This meant that gathering, killing mobs, crafting, questing, events... all contributed xp. For wvw, the premise was if you wanted to defend a tower, roam, or zerg, you could make progress. I think this is a shift away from core values of gw2. I'm totally against removing repair contribution.

Onto the topic of pips, I'm not a fan either. However, more baseline pips is nice, the loss of outnumbered, for my server will blow. I run the buff about 50% of the time, going to lose a lot of value from my time in wvw, trying to defend towers from zergs with a few good people. 

I'm not impressed. Hopefully they don't keep this direction. 

• Like 10

How is this change supposed to benifit the game? Who is this change for?

Occasionally I will repair a wall to stop my participation from  dropping off when there's not much action, beacuse guess what Anet, there are often times of low activity because you negleted this game mode for years and it's dead at times.

If it was non stop action like in the old tourney days this change wouldn't matter, thats not the case.

I often the only action is on a qued map which I can't get on, so forgive me if I won't a bit of particpaption so I don't feel like I'm utterly wasting my time.

You're just taking rewards away from the least rewarding game mode (by a MASSIVE margin) in GW2.

GJ.

• Like 12
  • Confused 2

THEY DID NOT LISTEN TO ANY FEEDBACK. 

Why? we had multiple pages as to why removing wall repair giving part was a bad idea and yet they still went with it anyway. 
The ONLY way to play wvw now is to zerg? I thought they said wvw was a cornerstone so lets NERF its already terrible reward system instead of making it better? 

Better not play wvw how you like anymore, Anet wants everyone zerging 24/7. How dare you defend on objective. How dare you actively play the game outside of zerging, how DARE you solo defend a tower for hours as wall repair is your only way of keeping participation up. This is such a terrible update. 

Edited by Gorem.8104
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, HARDOFREADING.7298 said:

rofl   Why not just make it so you get no experience at all and instantly die the moment you enter wvw?

I mean, even if we did, little would change, except for the 30 seconds you leave spawn or a tower.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, HitmanHaydon.1053 said:

How is this change supposed to benifit the game? Who is this change for?

Occasionally I will repair a wall to stop my participation from  dropping off when there's not much action, beacuse guess what Anet, there are often times of low activity because you negleted this game mode for years and it's dead at times.

If it was non stop action like in the old tourney days this change wouldn't matter, thats not the case.

I often the only action is on a qued map which I can't get on, so forgive me if I won't a bit of particpaption so I don't feel like I'm utterly wasting my time.

You're just taking rewards away from the least rewarding game mode (by a MASSIVE margin) in GW2.

GJ.

So…. The wall took damage but there is low activity?  How did the wall get damaged?  Someone had to do it…. 🤷

• Haha 2
  • Confused 4

25 minutes ago, Loboling.5293 said:

Seems like a really bad change. When gw2 launched it had the premise that people could do anything and progress. This meant that gathering, killing mobs, crafting, questing, events... all contributed xp. For wvw, the premise was if you wanted to defend a tower, roam, or zerg, you could make progress. I think this is a shift away from core values of gw2. I'm totally against removing repair contribution.

Onto the topic of pips, I'm not a fan either. However, more baseline pips is nice, the loss of outnumbered, for my server will blow. I run the buff about 50% of the time, going to lose a lot of value from my time in wvw, trying to defend towers from zergs with a few good people. 

I'm not impressed. Hopefully they don't keep this direction. 

FWIW, once alliances are implemented you're supposed to not have as many instances of Outnumbered happening anyway.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2