Stop the RP hate

Kinurak.5307

Please, for the love of the Six!  Yes we Rp in the open world so everyone can see. We know that. But its unecessary to call us names or claim it is YOUR meta map. We are allowed to RP in the open world as much as you are free to do your thing in the open world.

Please be umderstanding of our situation. If it were up to us, we had a dedicated RP server, so we wouldnt annoy anyone.

No Rping in instances aint the solution, it only allows for a limited amount of people, and it only allows for a VERY limted amount of scenes to be played.

Thank you.

End of rant.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

I kind of like the random rp conversation.  They give me pause for curiosity and to see what they're doing.  Be it swishy tail charr courtship going on, a group of onlookers discussing the festivals, or students learning how to craft...I appreciate the creativity even if it's not my thing.  

You do you.  Be nice out there peeps, sincerely a non-rp player.

• Like 21

21 minutes ago, Telgum.6071 said:

Never. 

Awesome that you're committed to never harass RPers!

1 minute ago, yoni.7015 said:

Maybe maps where there are meta events aren’t the best places for Roleplay. I mean your Roleplay can happen at any places in the game, no need to ruin meta events for other players. 

Is the concern that RPers are scaling the events up, but not contributing? Or is there some other way they are "ruining" it?

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

the concern that RPers are scaling the events up, but not contributing? Or is there some other way they are "ruining" it?

I don’t know, I wasn’t there. But I can imagine that this could be the case. There are enough maps without meta events. It can be frustrating that players don’t participate in meta events but are on the map when the event happens. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, yoni.7015 said:

I don’t know, I wasn’t there. But I can imagine that this could be the case. There are enough maps without meta events. It can be frustrating that players don’t participate in meta events but are in the map when the event happens. 

Ah.

I wonder how people feel about players who are in zone during meta events doing HPs, achievements, or story.

I would expect RPers would be in a zone during meta events RPing in response to the meta event.

• Like 9
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

I wonder how people feel about players who are in zone during meta events doing HPs, achievements, or story.

While I haven't seen it recently since I don't spend a lot of time on those maps these days, I've witnessed many arguments between Meta Event Commanders and HP Train or Bounty Train Commanders with both claiming it's "their map" and the other group should leave.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Shining One.1635 said:

While I haven't seen it recently since I don't spend a lot of time on those maps these days, I've witnessed many arguments between Meta Event Commanders and HP Train or Bounty Train Commanders with both claiming it's "their map" and the other group should leave.

Polite ones ask for people to please go to a guild hall or something for a sec then go back to the map.   Some are definitely pushier about it.  I love doing metals but if I'm in the middle of something and one is starting, I don't drop everything to leave the map either.  Usually finish up then join in lol.  I can't really see there being so many rp players on a map to cause a problem for a meta.  There's more afk people sitting at a waypoint than that.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I feel like, while your frustration at having a couple of people rping in a meta map is justified to some fractional extent, harassing them into moving or worse especially when they were there before you is probably worthy of a harassment ban and you should maybe not be such an [kitten].

Leave the rpers alone or ask them politely via whisper. 

I can't see people actively targeting people chilling out with RP. if that's actually happening, sorry people can't mind their business.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I could be missing something but how exactly can RP get in the way of meta? Unless you are RPing as, say, a group who despise the North Octovine  and will throw everything you have at it, regardless of the health of the other three. Then, yeah I could understand people doing the meta event being annoyed. But if you aren't RPing in a way to cause the event to fail then how can it be a problem?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Kinurak.5307 said:

its unecessary to call us names or claim it is YOUR (meta) map

Agree with your post, but honestly I've even seen this kind of thing between roleplayers where a guild or group of individuals will claim a public space and/or harass other writers and demand they leave because they're in 'owned territory'. It's super silly, and some of them have been doing it long enough to garner a reputation in the community.

You'll get psychotic players in every corner of the game, unfortunately, but make use of your block list and keep enjoying GuildWars2 in spite of them. I'll take a handful of RPers on a map over multiboxing autofarmers any day.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, yoni.7015 said:

Maybe maps where there are meta events aren’t the best places for Roleplay. I mean your Roleplay can happen at any places in the game, no need to ruin meta events for other players. 

I find meta events to be extremely boring.

If I feel like doing dance emote for 20 hours on a map where a meta event is going on, I'll do just that, tyvm :=)

I am free to get enjoyment out of the maps as well.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 3

7 hours ago, yoni.7015 said:

I don’t know, I wasn’t there. But I can imagine that this could be the case. There are enough maps without meta events. It can be frustrating that players don’t participate in meta events but are on the map when the event happens. 

There are always people on maps when meta events happen that don't participate. Always. And there aren't usually 20 RPers either.. Usually it would be a few people.  Maybe the same number of people who are doing map complete, or doing hero points or dailies, or mastery points, or whatever.

I'm often on an AB meta map when it's going on and not doing the meta.  Should I leave? Where should I go?  Almost every map from HOT on had metas, even Dry Top and Silverwastes before. Should everyone have to do the meta because the meta is up? Sorry but that's not the rules of the game, and as players we don't get to make up rules.  When people pay for my game, they can tell me how to play.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, yoni.7015 said:

It can be frustrating that players don’t participate in meta events but are on the map when the event happens. 

Why, exactly? Apart from Dragon's Stand, none of the maps that have meta events are only about the meta events. And so, not everyone on those maps participate when they are happening. (Not even in DS, I bet.) And just to give you an example, even if a squad of 50 players are doing HPs in Auric Basin, it should not be the cause of failing the Tarir meta on a full map. In comparison, I've never seen even half as many RP-ers in one place. Ever.

• Like 2

I can actually see why people would get upset particularly when you're trying to get more people in to have enough to complete a meta but you're having trouble getting people into the map due to the cut-off.  Sure its only the four or five or so of RPers and its really the ten plus roamers throughout the map that's keeping more people that want to do the meta out, but you typically can't see those spread out randos...but the RPers are right there in your line of sight. Not saying its right or fair, just that I understand "Why" it might happen.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I have like never seen a meta fail because there was RP; I mean sometimes people may joke about it, but in the case where it's serious, it's just looking for something to blame.

And if you were to find something to blame, in most cases, it's the 20 people lying dead and refusing to WP that are a far more common detriment.

3 hours ago, Antycypator.9874 said:

The only thing I hate about RP, is that massive emote spam you cause sometimes.

I just turn emotes off.

• Like 5

I hate those RP. Always pretending to be Mad King's servant and spamming emote in Lion's Arch when I try to read some message.

Joke aside, I've never seen someone RP outside of cities / low level area. Well there was a time I saw people attempting to do RP on WvW, I dont know how it ended though.  So yeah, I've never seen someone actually being bothered by people doing RP . The only thing that are annoying sometime are the emote spam but to make people "hate" other for doing RP, I think there is more than just RP...probably

• Like 2

If you're doing it in an active meta map you're being a kitten, full stop.

You're also being a kitten if you're doing it in regular chat, make a party or squad so YOU can do it in peace (in appropriate areas) and so others don't have to see it. Until then if I personally see RPers in an active meta map I'll make sure to park my skyscale right on top of them.

Edited by Sarge shot Grif.6450
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 11
  • Sad 1

I had no idea RP was a problem. I have seen so little of them I find it hard to believe they are an issue.  As for the map "belonging" to anyone, total  nonsense.  I play for exploration and map completion.  I generally do not notice if an event is happening or not - and do not care. I treat GW2 as a sandbox game.  You want to do an event, do it. You want to roleplay, do it. You want to just wander around and kill critters, do it.  It is just a game and there is room for everyone.  

Actually though, as a MMORPG I think the RP have the right idea. 😎

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

47 minutes ago, Sarge shot Grif.6450 said:

If you're doing it in an active meta map you're being a kitten, full stop.

You're also being a kitten if you're doing it in regular chat, make a party or squad so YOU can do it in peace (in appropriate areas) and so others don't have to see it. Until then if I personally see RPers in an active meta map I'll make sure to park my skyscale right on top of them.

Which can be construed as harassment, but you do you.  🙄

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1